TheBrickPal

Mixels TV Series

Hey, there isn't a topic for this yet, so why not...

This thread is to discuss the shorts only. If your looking for the set discussion, head over to the Action Figures Forum and click on Mixels 2014 Discussion. Please do not post any lies about the series or troll. You do have the right to share your opinion, but not troll. This thread is used for discussion of all the seasons of the series.

Have fun!

No trolls will you find here, my friend.

My opinion? The sets are neat, and an excellent source of parts. But that show is just awful... Absolute cringe-worthy garbage to the end. Harsh, but that's how I feel. Bad move on LEGO's part for sure.

I like the show to an extent. It doesn't have a whole lot of substance, obviously, but it's not really supposed to. After all, these are just interstitial shorts, not full cartoons. And I love their simple, slapstick sense of humor.

My favorite of the five shorts released so far is still Cookironi, which has a madcap flavor akin to Tom & Jerry, and tells a story with a lot of rising action before the ultimate conclusion. Sort of a combination chase scene and arms race, in a sense. I hope there are more shorts like that one.

"Hot Lava Shower" and "Electrorock" are also pretty funny!

Just watched the episode Nixels through Aanchir's link. Turns out the Nixels are... exoskeletal.

Edited by Penkid11

When is this show on? Never underestimate the value of cheap humor to keep children entertained.

The show consists of two minutes short episodes that air randomly in between shows (during commercials) on Cartoon Network. You can also watch them on the website if that is what you prefer.

Just watched the episode Nixels through Aanchir's link. Turns out the Nixels are... exoskeletal.

"Nix nix, nix nix nix!"

"Dude, quit it!"

Edited by Puffle Pal26

Kind of reminds me of FLCL in that strange, completely nutballs insane way. I really like the art style, character design, and animation. :classic:

Will it just stay as 1minute clips, or expand to 10 or half hour blocks? Does it even have the capacity to do that, or is it something that can only live between ads?

I really love the sets but the series is quite awful at times. It's nice to look at but often a cringe to watch. Even more so considering it's for little kids as it doesn't offer any educational value, just hysterical, sometimes just totally nonsensical crazyness (what's up with everybody laughing all the time?). I have doubts concerning the good it can be for little children. Which is a total pity, because the sets are some of the cutest things LEGO has ever made. This said, some episodes are better than others. Cookironi is my personal favorite.

-Gata signoff.png

I was quite entertained with this week's episode, Mailman.

That one really is funny! I'm quite impressed.

"Pothole" was also funny, but a bit short and simple. I didn't find "Murp" all that funny... it felt a little bit rote, as though it was just there to convey the message that "sometimes mixing doesn't work out so well".

I watched only one short, and thought it was one too many... Just plain awfull. Can't believe such a wel established company like Lego is involved in this. Even for a commercial, cause let's face it, that's what it is, it's bad. Very bad... Bad humor, bad 'story'line, bad artwork. (why didn't they use 3D animation while that would be perfect for Lego...)

On the other hand, I'm very attracted to the Lego Mixel sets. I think of em quite the opposite from the cartoon: Great characters, fun, creative, plus some come with really nice parts. Oh, and they are relatively cheap.

I watched only one short, and thought it was one too many... Just plain awfull. Can't believe such a wel established company like Lego is involved in this. Even for a commercial, cause let's face it, that's what it is, it's bad. Very bad... Bad humor, bad 'story'line, bad artwork. (why didn't they use 3D animation while that would be perfect for Lego...)

On the other hand, I'm very attracted to the Lego Mixel sets. I think of em quite the opposite from the cartoon: Great characters, fun, creative, plus some come with really nice parts. Oh, and they are relatively cheap.

You may not like the series, but they do have a couple that use 3d animation,

You may not like the series, but they do have a couple that use 3d animation,

Thanks Riftx! I actually enjoyed that!

I think the producers have really made a big mistake not using the original 3D Lego models for the entire series. But I guess that will make it too obvious that it is a Lego-commercial...

Thanks Riftx! I actually enjoyed that!

I think the producers have really made a big mistake not using the original 3D Lego models for the entire series. But I guess that will make it too obvious that it is a Lego-commercial...

That and the fact most of them lack real manipulation, looking at Flain and Shuff here, doing the entire show in 3d would sent the wrong image to kids, them asking "why can't mine move its arms up and down? It does in the show?" Play the mix game on the Lego website to see what I mean

By doing it in flash animation they can all interact together "realistically"

These are a lot more... childish than I was expecting, and my expectations weren't even really that high. :P I did chuckle at a few of them, though.

Can I troll it now? I gave some of it a watch. It's freakin' one of the most terrible things I've ever seen. No laughs. Nothing but stupid. And the animation is cheap looking.

I now want to die.

At first site, I completely hated this show. However, it began to make its presence known on LEGO.com, and I rewatched all the videos twice and I must admit it is kind of growing on me. I don't like it nearly as much as Chima, Ninjago, or Bionicle, that actually had decent storylines (Bionicle with a GREAT storyline), but I understand not much budget was put into a storyline for a show about $5 sets :)

It is intended to be a comedy however, and some of the sounds they make are absolutely hilarious!

Keep it coming, LEGO!

I have been watching this show and I am enjoying it so far. I can turn my brain off and enjoy the childish humour easily. Those hating on it should keep in mind that the show is probably aimed at children younger than Ninjago or Chima's target audience.

The last two episodes, Changing a Lightbulb and Rockball, can only be viewed by purchasing them on either Google Play or iTunes. Did anyone else notice this? Also, they don't appear on the website playlist.

Edited by Puffle Pal26