TF Twitch

MOC/WIP: Classic Space Train

I have been working on a train that fits and feels Classic Space. I have completed the locomotive, but I am having a difficult time coming up with a train car design that I like. I want to do something modular/intermodal like yet it does not look like a regular official set intermodal car.

Link to the completed locomotive: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/381712

My vision for the train cars is that they are not only compatible with existing containers (like from the Maersk train set), but to also have their own modular components. I want to do modular since it feels more "spacey" instead of having dedicated train cars for a specific purpose. I was thinking of having a passenger module (to transport the Classic Space astronauts to and from the work site), an open-top container for putting any mined minerals into, a rover platform, and something else. Maybe a satellite rocket launcher pad that can be used while the train is in motion, I do not know. I can work out how to get the modules/containers off of the train cars after they are built. So any ideas are most appreciated.

Any tips, suggestions, and comments are welcome!

Nice! Are you gonna paint the front train engine mold, I don't remember it in blue....

The mine/mineral car could have an opening roof and doors for loading, but still fully closed for transporting.

The front mold only comes in white, so if I build it in real bricks I would go with the Futuron colors. Or possibly something similar. I like the idea of an opening hopper, though. Thank you.

A great job capturing the intersection of train and space (kind of like the blacktron train on steroids, grin). Though the nose of the locomotive is a little too rounded to be pure classic space. If you are going for a pure classic space look I'd suggest a brick built design with slopes rather than curved bricks, e.g., like 9738.

A great job capturing the intersection of train and space (kind of like the blacktron train on steroids, grin). Though the nose of the locomotive is a little too rounded to be pure classic space. If you are going for a pure classic space look I'd suggest a brick built design with slopes rather than curved bricks, e.g., like 9738.

I appreciate the feedback. In the locomotive's description it states that it is aerodynamic so that it can easily pass through the space atmosphere. So it is based on Classic Space logic.