Sign in to follow this  
de Gothia

HSS Nautical: The planning of a city

The craftsmen from Kaliphlin had finally came to the village of Sionnach. A sleepy little village with some houses scattered across the river of Avonmora. Here, at this strategic point, de Gothia planned a large walled city. After the fall of Gothia Castle he also planned to build a smaller castle inside the city.

-So, this is it?! This is the village? Abd-Al-Karim whispered to his brother Abd-Al-Rahman.

-Apparently it is... the brother smiled back at him. -It will take us some time to build something here! The two brothers were known in Kaliphlin and Barqa for the knowledge about stones, walls and defence structures. They stood close to eachother, always discussing.

-....so here we will have the large gatehouse and two towers next to it, de Gothia continued his planning with his guests and workers. -You will plan the most of it and we Avalonians will make it happen.

- One question my dear Al Ghouti, Hadi asked. He was the oldest and the leader of the fellowship. Where is the bridge crossing this river?

-Oh, that bridge was so old it flushed away with the high waters of the spring. It was here, de Gothia pointed out the remains of the old wooden bridge.

- I see, you want a new one in stone?

- I want a large drawbridge over Avonmora this time...

Fikri, the man in the turban, responsibly for the roads in the company was silence. He had seen better roads in the deserts. This would something for him to work with. de Gothia had already told him about his plans to pave the entire Oil Road in Benoic.

Ifran, was the teacher, sent from Sir Gideon to help out with the language in Sionnach. de Gothia hoped that many Kaliphlins would travel here to trade and what better way to welcome them then to say welcome in their own language. He was young and hope to meet an Avalonian girl to settle down with. He was the most adventurous of them all. He was standing in the middle with his hair in perfect shape.

12821256694_3362661e2c.jpg

12820933903_d1a045e6c6.jpg

12820861875_ba552f6ab3.jpg

This moc will change, grow and hopefully be a walled city with de Gothias new home inside it.

C&C as always welcome!

Fantastic work here! Similar to my idea and build, where he is looking to for a place to build his castle. Love that small cottage!

Very nice build! As I already said on flickr, it's great to to see those Kaliphlinites getting ready to help rebuilding Avalonia! :classic:

Are there any shots where they are seen from the front?

Edited by Gideon

Lovely moc DG. Really lovely house there and overall beautiful colors at the landscape

Excellent work! I really like the whole concept of the build, and you can definitely tell the purpose of the each of the people. I also like the goatpen in the back, and the cottage. I highly await the progress of this settlement!

Nice job! The river in particular looks cool and refreshing!

Excellent landscape, I really like that tree growing by the river :wub: Great little cottage and the goat pen and fishing net being repaired are neat details :thumbup:

What a great way to start a story for your new MOC... love the detailing of your landscape design...

Can't wait for the rest. Godspeed.

Thanks!! Glad you all like it!!:) now I have to start rebuild this thing!

Gideon; sorry, no pics on the kaliphlins!:/

Mkjosh; well they are official tlg ducks!;)

Great build my friend! The fence and the goats in the back are a nice touch!

Simon: Thanks mate!

mrc: A friend at swebrick (swedens lego community) mankes them. I have some more, every neighbouring county, the four guildnames, my villages and the light of Historica.... Albion!