JopieK

Overpriced Coffee Café

I have created a concept for a MOC inspired by the LEGO movie.

Overpriced_Coffee1.png

It should be inline with the modular buildings that my wife has :)

Overpriced_Coffee4.png

You can also see the inside here. Since I already designed the stickers (my imagination worked quite well ;)). They will be on the doors, there will be signs on the brown plates 2 x 4 and of course I have a stickered outfit for Larry and even a female version (Lenny). Still working on a Delivery Truck (with Leo).

Hope to build it in real life soon :)

To give you an idea:

coffee_chain0.png

I still need to design the face for the large mug on the roof.

I just paused the ripped movie at the critical moments and copied / redraw the logos. Of course the original version is in a much taller building, but thought a more urban looking cafe would also be nice. I think the original scene is one of the better scenes from the first part of the movie. The day before yesterday I saw it in the cinema, alas it was translated, the original version is better I think, but there were of course a lot of kids so I can see why they made translations.

Great digital design 'JopieK', except the espresso machine is not the same as the one in the film........it's easy to make, because I made one based on the scene in the 37 buck coffee shop ! :wink:

I hope you do make it in real brick.......Brick On LDD On 'JopieK' ! :grin:

Very nicely designed, this looks very well-built. Extravagant and overpriced, one could almost say. :laugh:

JopieK... Very,very nice! Looking forward to seeing it in bricks.

Andy D

Great digital design 'JopieK', except the espresso machine is not the same as the one in the film........it's easy to make, because I made one based on the scene in the 37 buck coffee shop ! :wink:

I hope you do make it in real brick.......Brick On LDD On 'JopieK' ! :grin:

LT, can we see your espresso machine?

Andy D

Of course we sell them ;) that is why we have our stickershop (they are in stock). I'm still working on the coffee van and also think I will need some bricklink parts to realize the real building, although I choose some previous Lugbulk items.

I will have another look at the coffee machine for the real build. I was unable to find some parts in LDD so the inside of the shop was more freestyle at this moment. I wanted to give it some overpriced look so glad to see that worked out pretty well :)

Have you thought about Cuusoo? Now that would be the best cross marketing thing ever: a set made by a fan from the *own* cult movie. :wink:

Just joking. Great stuff, I like it.

Wow, this is an amazing MOC. Clearly, you spent a lot of time working on it. While still looking very similar to the cafe in the film, you gave it your own unique touch, which is nice. I particularly love the coffee mug on top of the building. Keep on building!

Hola!

Great MOC, well-deserving of front page. Will look great in town layouts with both modular and open-back buildings. Thank you for sharing the .lxf.

EvMan

No, it' not just cool........it's AWESOME, remember......everything is awesome ! :laugh:

Maybe we should have a coffee shop building contest eh ? :laugh:

This looks great! Looking forward to seeing the bricks version with stickers.