1. 1. How Do You Rate This Set?

• - Poor
    • - Below Average
    • - Average
    • - Above Average
    • - Outstanding

approvedgold_v2_62.png

12779508203_3e274bd6ed_c.jpg

I was rather interested in this polybag. Polybag availability can be iffy anywhere so I wasn't sure if I could get it. When I found it in my box I was quite excited to have it!

Set Information:

Name: Super Secret Police Enforcer

Set Number: 30282

Pieces: 40

Price: $4.99

Ages: 6-12

Minifigs: 1

Theme: The LEGO Movie

Year of Release: 2014

Bricklink

Brickset

Flickr Set

Baggy:

12779882704_4d751f658c_c.jpg

There's not much on the front of this bag, nice and neat. The speeder, for lack of a better word, is placed on a rather neutral background, I think it's a construction site.

12779805054_8f95e57bea_c.jpg

The back has the usual translations and warnings.

Contents:

12780022334_518180f4aa_c.jpg

Five extra parts. I wonder why LEGO chose the trans-black visor...

Manual:

12780034184_63ca863b6c_c.jpg

The manual is a very nice blue and yellow setup, it reminds me of the construction sets. There are six steps on this page, and you've mostly finished the build.

12780028494_ac15175d9e_c.jpg

Four more steps on this page, along with two sub-assemblies. There's also a large ad for several other The LEGO Movie sets.

Minifigure:

12779576415_c7d8c51b7f_c.jpg

While I really like the uni-eyed robot, this guy is growing on me. His helmet only comes in one other set, and this is a much cheaper way to get it. The torso is nicely detailed with a great badge that matches his helmet logo, and his knee-pads and pockets on his legs are great.

12780012544_59cbab444c_c.jpg

On his back he has a radio with a wire going to his helmet.

12779700043_2827dd5524_c.jpg

I guess what I don't like about this guy is that his head is a "v" shape, just not my style.

12780009564_c655798c4b_c.jpg

This gun is great! I thought the stock would be longer, and I'm not sure if I like the clip on the top, but I think I can ignore it.

Finished Model:

12779709893_3ee9b1ca7d_c.jpg

No build pictures with this model as I showed you the manual. This is a very compact, fun little craft. The lines are great, and the angles flow well. Good work LEGO.

12779707263_f0dceb3793_c.jpg

While simple, this speeder is quite spectacular. The simple lines, flowing curves, and over all great shape lend this to be a great model.

12779704323_c1dcff2a95_c.jpg

I noticed on the bag that LEGO intends for there to be three thrusters on this model, though only two have trans pieces to represent that. The back is not really for viewing, plus you won't see it when you're swooshing it. :grin:

Conclusion:

This is one of my favorite polybags that I've gotten in a long time. It's very, very fun to swoosh around the house. :grin: Like I said, the minifigure has grown on me as I've written this review, he looks better with his helmet on for sure. While the build is simple, and there are no great parts, it all goes together to make a great, fun little set. Good work LEGO. (Now to find out who designed it.)

Ratings:

Playability: 8/10
There's not a lot beyond swooshing it around. Yes I do love swooshing stuff that much.
:blush:

Design: 8/10
I think LEGO probably could have squeezed in a flick missile, but I like where the set is now.

Price: 9/10
Not the best PPP ratio, but the design for such a small number of parts is great.

Minifigures: 8/10
He's got a rather rare helmet.

Parts: 6/10
Nothing new or spectacular in this set.

Total: 39/50

12779695043_b492d8a4ec_c.jpg

How he drives in a straight line with only one hand on steering is beyond me.

Like this review? Want to learn how to make good reviews? Then join the Reviewers Academy!

logo-academy-v4.png

Thank you for yet another detailed review :thumbup: . I think this is the best polybag of the three you reviewed! Nice figure, nice flying thingy :laugh:. I am truly in love with that helmet peice though... :wub: :wub: :wub:

Over in my review, I noted that the advantage of the clip is that the gun can be mounted onto the back of the seat so the Robot can put both hands on the steering mechanisms. If the clip has other uses, I don't know what they are.

Over in my review, I noted that the advantage of the clip is that the gun can be mounted onto the back of the seat so the Robot can put both hands on the steering mechanisms. If the clip has other uses, I don't know what they are.

It can be used to hold scopes.

I use the clip on the gun to hold handcuffs. I got two of these at TRU to start an army and they are indeed

SWOOSHABLE!!!

That is all.