Wow, what a wonderful moc! Love the gradually rising path and the gatehouse. Those conical roofs are great! :classic:

Amazing :wub:

The round towers with the roof are absolutly well done!

And the complete MOC is build in best quality with many details and an great flair.

markus

Hello! Here you are more photos in hi-res.

It's pretty funny thinking about how we made them ... :grin: :grin:

How many bricks did you use and about how much did it cost? I am looking into making something similar soon...

I didn't count . Should be 18-20k bricks. I built 1/3 of total castle :laugh:

Looks really good, I like that it's elevated above the terrain and it looks like you can pass under the bridge. That is going to be one big castle, can't wait to see it:)

Huge fan of the "A Song Of Ice And Fire" saga here!

I really love your work this part of the castle looks amazing, especially the towers roof is well done. :thumbup:

Edited by Wat Tambor

Nice work, those round towers are great. The wall's a little bland though, but it fits in well all the same :thumbup:

Hello!

I resume this old thread to announce that Casterly Rock has been completed :thumbup:

Just a few pics:

Casterly RockCasterly Rock

More pictures on my Flickr gallery: 

Very nice job on this MOC! I was wondering what source material you used. I'm in the design process of the Red Keep and detailed images are hard to come by.

Great job looks awesome.  The rockwork is superb.  The castle is great.  The round towers are nicely done.  The roofs look good too especially the ones on the round towers have that rough shingle look to them.  The figs are great where did you get the Lannister helms from?

*oh2* that truly is a sight to behold. Have you been working on this in stages for the past few years or did it all come together at once?

On 7/5/2018 at 5:23 AM, zoth33 said:

Great job looks awesome.  The rockwork is superb.  The castle is great.  The round towers are nicely done.  The roofs look good too especially the ones on the round towers have that rough shingle look to them.  The figs are great where did you get the Lannister helms from?

Thank mate!

Helms and shields are custom items created by NiceBricks ( you can find him on bricklink, is a french shop )

7 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

*oh2* that truly is a sight to behold. Have you been working on this in stages for the past few years or did it all come together at once?

Thanks Jagger!

Believe me, it's better to see the castle live, pictures don't do justice. As you can see from the beginning of this thread, I started this project years ago but I had not worked on it anymore until this December when I decided to finish this castle. In the last 4 months I completed 7 modules plus the big castle on top.

Lot of bricks... :laugh:

I'd like to see such a big castle frontpaged... it's been a while since we had a big castle frontpaged, plus we aren't getting a lot of fantasy stuff from TLG at least we are having from contributors like @Sered

It's great to see this massive layout completed! The gatehouse and path leading up to it are fabulous, and the whole fortress has a very consistent style :thumbup:

How long do you think you will keep it together?

Beautiful model! There are so many cool details to look at! The rockwork is fantastic, and I like the minifigure placement. Keep up the great work!

On 5/11/2018 at 1:52 PM, soccerkid6 said:

It's great to see this massive layout completed! The gatehouse and path leading up to it are fabulous, and the whole fortress has a very consistent style :thumbup:

How long do you think you will keep it together?

Thanks mate!

The castle will be kept together until my death :laugh: Starting from September I will create a forest with a small town near the castle. more pics coming in the next future :thumbup: 

On 6/19/2018 at 1:29 PM, LM71Blackbird said:

Beautiful model! There are so many cool details to look at! The rockwork is fantastic, and I like the minifigure placement. Keep up the great work!

Glad to see that rockwork was appreciated. Probably it was the hardest part of the entire project. Lot of bricks for the structure behind, lot of slopes dbg ... and the rockwork build was really boring!

The main castle is leaned on structure built by window, bricks 1x and 2x, plate 4x ...

Very nice.  I think I just spent an hour looking through all the images in detail.  I like all the details in there, and the awesome connection everything has.  The color choices are very artistic, too.  Excellent!

Amazing job. As someone who is just getting back into lego, the amount of bricks used in this MOC is just mind blowing. I think you have more bricks than a typical lego store!

10 hours ago, NightmanCometh said:

Amazing job. As someone who is just getting back into lego, the amount of bricks used in this MOC is just mind blowing. I think you have more bricks than a typical lego store!

Eheh I don't think so!

There're a lot of bricks inside but, honestly, I don't know the exact number.