Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

Upward Trek - AoM: Stables Phase I

(This is set after A Rude Awakening but well before A Timely Friend, and directly after Liam's Shop)

In case you didn’t know Liam, I already know how to ride a horse.” said Wyndor with a huff.

12759345255_e22aea84c8_c.jpg

“If you’re going to train with me then you have to do things my way, and that means riding a horse right now.” replied Liam.

“Just to remind you, I never asked to be trained by you.” yelled back Wyndor.

12759337085_fb1e185cda_c.jpg

“Yet,” answered Liam, “still you follow me and my directions.”

12759352585_19474fb1d6_c.jpg

OoC: This is my first attempt at sideways rocks. Let me know what you think.

The sideways rocks look pretty solid. The top area where the trees are seem like they could use a bit of overhang; it is really smooth compared to the rest of the terrain.

Solid first attempt though :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks everyone! Any suggestions for improving the sideways rock building for next time?

Good job with those rocks! And the angled plates work well. :thumbup:

Edit: You could use a hinge plate like this to make angled rocks like I did I my Challenge IA entry. Sorry about the late edit, I had to wait til I could look it the piece up. :classic:

11713818604_a654326ba3.jpg

Edited by HammerBro33

Nice build, MKJoshA, the trees are good :classic:

About the rock-work, I would suggest next time (if possible) not to leave so many studs exposed, and to make the rocks going more consistently in one direction - not all in the same direction, just enough so that it is obvious that it is supposed to be a hill or mountain rather than just a bunch of rocks sticking every which way :wink:

Good job with those rocks! And the angled plates work well. :thumbup:

Edit: You could use a hinge plate like this to make angled rocks like I did I my Challenge IA entry. Sorry about the late edit, I had to wait til I could look it the piece up. :classic:

Thanks for the suggestion HammerBro. However, that doesn't look like sideways brick build. I'm I looking at the wrong picture or were you giving an example of other rock technique?

Nice build, MKJoshA, the trees are good :classic:

About the rock-work, I would suggest next time (if possible) not to leave so many studs exposed, and to make the rocks going more consistently in one direction - not all in the same direction, just enough so that it is obvious that it is supposed to be a hill or mountain rather than just a bunch of rocks sticking every which way :wink:

Those are some good suggestions. Thank you!