Sign in to follow this  
Behind the Camera

Nexus Force Character Creation Sweepstakes

I've run contests before, but since I want to spread my outreach for this contest, I have decided to post this one here. So, without further ado, let me introduce the...

Nexus_Force_Sweepstakes_Logo.jpg

This new contest is being run in conjunction with a current animation project, titled Project U! So, what is this contest, you may ask? Well, read on to find out!

Official Rules

1. You will create a new and original character and cast them into one of the four Nexus Force factions: Sentinels, Assembly, Venture League, or Paradox.

2. While the character is restricted to one of the four factions, they are not restricted to the classes of each faction (ex. A Sentinel character doesn’t have to be a knight, samurai, or space marine).

3. You will submit a five-point turnaround of one and only one character (unless it is important for the character to have a maximum of one companion). In addition to this, you will also submit details that tell the character’s name, age, personality traits, and any other important information.

4. When submitting a character design, there is no restriction on the medium used. You may use actual LEGO pieces, LDraw, LEGO Digital Designer, pencil and paper, pen and ink, paint, digital paint, vector drawing, 3D Max, Autodesk Maya, etc.

5. You will not be restricted to actual LEGO pieces (as the characters in LEGO Universe were not). However, if you want to be more inventive, it is recommended that these pieces are modeled after pieces that can be bought from third-party vendors (Brickarms, BrickForge, etc.).

6. Mustache Maniacs Film Co. staff members cannot participate in this contest.

7. All entries MUST be accepted by December 31, 2014.

8. To submit your entry for this contest, make a reply in this thread that contains character description and all of the required images. All live posts will be considered submitted.

Prizes

20 finalists selected from the different branches of this contest will be featured in the final Project U film, Legends of the Universe (scheduled release: 2020)!

1 grand prize winner selected from the 20 finalists will play the part of the character they created!

With that said, be sure to have fun and good luck!

P.S.: I haven't entirely dabbled in minifigure customization, but have created several animated brickfilms (this contest relates to one of my in-development films). If you are not familiar with my work, here is a link to the official Mustache Maniacs Film Co. website. http://mustachemaniacsfilmco.webs.com/

I'm sorry, Behind the Camera, but it's a rule on EB that contests can only be organised and held by the EB Staff.

I'll close this topic now.