Sign in to follow this  
Jackal76

MOC: Brute Heavy Lifter Mech

Hello all,

I just finished overhauling an older design and thought I would share the result.

Enjoy!

Jon-

12727281315_1d7f1656de.jpg

Edited by Jackal76

Nice build. Blocky and ready for some hard labor. Do both hands splay, or is it just the one? Regardless, adds nice variety. Also - the feet are sweet. I really enjoy how the angles interact.

Good use of the clicky sockets - from a knights figure or something? - I have never clearly decided which I prefer - the ease of integrating those with System builds, or the flexibility of the Bionicle ball-n-sockets (Despite the extra thinking it usually takes to integrate) but maybe all will be fine come the introduction of the Mixel ball and sockets.

Hard for me to see the old builder mechs without thinking about the upcoming Construction mech from the lego Movie - but this has all I need. The chicken-leg knee angles sell me so well.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it!

The joints in question are available in knights kingdom, Creator sets, and exoforce. Yes, the fingers splay on both hands. i lean towards using the click joints because of how well they hold position. The mixel ball and socket joints look like they will be good for smaller applications.