Sign in to follow this  

I've not really done anything Classic Space MOC wise and thought this would be a good chance to do one with the recent Lego Movie and return of classic space and space somewhat in general with the sets that are going to be released, which I'll be buying for my collection.

Anyway, while I like the large Spaceship (70816), I personally prefer the smaller one as seen in the promo poster in this thread. I decided to make my own version/interpretation of it. It is different from the Lego version as I like to make my stuff streamlined, as well as some of the details being a bit different, however hopefully it stays faithful to the original while also offering a personal flavour to it. Here it is, I'll get more pictures up in time.

12685239435_c375b18415_z.jpg

Hope you like it.

As great as a small fighter can be. The influence by the poster is clearly visible, yet you gave your own wonderful twist to it. I really like how that cockpit is tucked away in there. Those engines are nice as well, and so are the vials you used for guns.

I'm not too sure about the big guns at the bottom though. It seems this fighter as already enough firepower, and they don't blend in too well with the rest of the ship. I don't know why. Maybe you could try to rework those, or to replace them with something different, like engines, extra wings or a landing gear...

So this is your new wonderful passion after Blacktron then?

Many thanks for the positives.

As great as a small fighter can be. The influence by the poster is clearly visible, yet you gave your own wonderful twist to it. I really like how that cockpit is tucked away in there. Those engines are nice as well, and so are the vials you used for guns.

I'm not too sure about the big guns at the bottom though. It seems this fighter as already enough firepower, and they don't blend in too well with the rest of the ship. I don't know why. Maybe you could try to rework those, or to replace them with something different, like engines, extra wings or a landing gear...

So this is your new wonderful passion after Blacktron then?

Thanks! To be honest I don't mind the colour of the guns below the ship and the guns in general, it is one thing on the Lego model and also the other interpretations from the thread other people did that I quite liked. I did make the cone at the end bigger as I used a 4x4x2 one for it. I did however consider doing them in the blue and grey to make it match the ship, and I just have done as an alternate version which I'll show later. I'm all for doing a few different variations so I'll do one with something else on instead of guns as you mentioned. Most likely after some thinking I'll put some small warp nacelles on instead.

When it comes to a new passion after Blacktron, yes and no. To be honest I don't think Blacktron will end as to me it is a excellent theme to do stuff on, however I know that always doing Blacktron will probably get a bit predictable and boring after a while for everyone, so I'm up for exploring other themes too and modernizing them from time to time. So yes, doing some Classic Space like this is a start of something new and a nice refreshment. The colour scheme is great to work with, and while I wasn't even born during the entire time Classic Space was around I do like it. I'd like to make my own interpretation of 70816 at some point, although that will take a while to figure out and do I reckon.

And now more pictures of the model.

12701865075_59fa8f336b_z.jpg

12702342284_6f717e7da8_z.jpg

12702030313_ace07161aa_z.jpg

12701859175_4d2335cac0_z.jpg

12702027033_6a625b37ac_z.jpg

12702038823_a9f1a09fdf_z.jpg

12702347724_955ea5def1_z.jpg

12701866985_e9aa65f053_z.jpg