Sign in to follow this  
Nom Carver

[SoNE free build] "A coward's attack"

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

"My squadron and I have been tasked to man a turret at the gunner station P-13 after an unexpected attack at the star destroyer that we where commisioned in the orbit of Nar Eurobicka, now we will show that rebel scum what we are capable of..."

12656492235_db7b275e44.jpg

P1010002 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

12656965204_e49ea62f60.jpg

P1010006 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

12656619823_c9bef79970.jpg

P1010009 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

12656958494_4245ba615b.jpg

P1010012 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

12656955154_3a2a924ac8.jpg

P1010015 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

12656477755_14c8ac6d0f.jpg

P1010022 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

12656608563_aa3358191a.jpg

P1010023 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

12656604563_fb39fa4180.jpg

P1010027 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

I would like this one to be judged, comments and criticism are welcome.

Very nice! Forced perspective is becoming quiet popular here in SoNE. You've pulled it off very well! I also really like your cannon. Great details!

Nice one! I like that you've captured an aspect of a Star Destroyer we don't get to see very often. I'm also very glad you didn't take the easy way and built your own lasergun, which looks great too!

The window is also very good with the two colors giving some nice layers too it. I really like that background too. (Maybe white technic axles in black cross-axle hole bricks would make some more realistic stars though...)

My remarks are somewhat ambiguous, so be warned! Because in my opinion, your scene is both a bit too clean, AND a bit too messy. Let me explain myself. It's a bit too clean for my taste, because there are a lot of big uniform surfaces. Some inverted slopes near the top would help breaking it up, so would some kind of monitor.The messy part is about the pretty random placed crates. You're at a cannon, so you want to have everything in reach and easily accesible. So a very strickt organizing of the space would be realistic. The cannon would still need its place, but there could be a straight line of stacked crates with spare parts, a unit to communicate with mission control etc.

I hope those remarks make some sense, but I hope even more that you keep on getting a better builder (not only because you're on the good side, but only because this is pretty promising, with the forced perspective and excellent props!).

Thanks to you all.

Very nice! Forced perspective is becoming quiet popular here in SoNE. You've pulled it off very well! I also really like your cannon. Great details!

Cool! I agree, the forced perspective is excellent! I love everything about this MOC! :excited:

Glad you liked it, its my first forced perspective attempt, there will be more coming since all of my sets have been dismantled and reassembled into their mini forms.

My remarks are somewhat ambiguous, so be warned! Because in my opinion, your scene is both a bit too clean, AND a bit too messy. Let me explain myself. It's a bit too clean for my taste, because there are a lot of big uniform surfaces. Some inverted slopes near the top would help breaking it up, so would some kind of monitor.The messy part is about the pretty random placed crates. You're at a cannon, so you want to have everything in reach and easily accesible. So a very strickt organizing of the space would be realistic. The cannon would still need its place, but there could be a straight line of stacked crates with spare parts, a unit to communicate with mission control etc.

Yes, setting up random objects may be something problematic, I based on this image for inspiration:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/SB-920_Laser_Cannon

Thanks for your observations, I will improve my technique on the future doing some other experiments.

Edited by Nom Carver

I like the fact that the walls are more solid than your usual technique, though I do agree with BEAVeR that they could use some texture and some more of the white lines to break up the the expanse of flat grey. Tiling over the floor and breaking up all those grey studs would be a good idea, too. But I actually like the random crates. They make it look like it's realistically in the middle of a battle, I think. :thumbup:

Besides, a Star Destroyer has 126+ turbolasers; it's plausible that at least one of the gunnery crews is a little messier. :laugh:

I like the fact that the walls are more solid than your usual technique, though I do agree with BEAVeR that they could use some texture and some more of the white lines to break up the the expanse of flat grey. Tiling over the floor and breaking up all those grey studs would be a good idea, too. But I actually like the random crates. They make it look like it's realistically in the middle of a battle, I think. :thumbup:

Besides, a Star Destroyer has 126+ turbolasers; it's plausible that at least one of the gunnery crews is a little messier. :laugh:

Thanks, regarding to the tiles, I would need a lot of tiles (which I dont have), and those messy tubolasers were all over the death star, I thought they would be so on a star destroyer.

Nice one!

A greate picture and the MOC better say the gun is really good build.

markus