Lasse

Tivoli in Copenhagen

Since Tivoli was founded in 1843 it has been one of the most popular tourist attractions in Copenhagen. In October 2012 we were 7 members of the Danish LUG Byggepladen who decided to build Tivoli. The construction started in January 2013 and continued for the next 14 months until February 2014. Last week our layout was shown at LEGO World in Copenhagen.

Jakob Hestbæk has built The Main Entrance:

12615349945_c3c2773fed_z.jpg

Pjerrot at the Tivoli Main Entrance:

12615345875_9d83ac43e1_z.jpg

The Danish fairy tale writer Hans Christian Andersen (1805-1875) liked to visit Tivoli:

12615744774_d66d28bf03_z.jpg

Anne Mette Vestergård and I have built The Tivoli Castle (Tivoli Slottet):

12615446533_fab6e40f73_z.jpg

12615338175_4dc0cbed42_z.jpg

Anne Mette has also built "The Kissing Benches" (Kyssebænkene). Jørgen Pedersen has ensured that there is light in the lamp posts:

12615335445_2a60e176d4_z.jpg

Jakob Hestbæk has built the pirate ship and Tine Gudiksen has built The Japanese Tower (Det Japanske Tårn):

12615682874_fc35a3c92c_z.jpg

Tine Gudiksen and Trine Jensen have built Nimb:

12615637864_f875be757d_z.jpg

The path between Nimb and The Roller Coaster. In the background Tine's model of The Japanese Tower:

12615625114_20ef7084ef_z.jpg

Anne Mette has built this restaurant, located below the roller coaster:

12615245343_c4a1100d59_z.jpg

Anne Mette and I have built the stands under the roller coaster. "Is" is the Danish word for ice-cream.

12615131805_bbeb9a15b8_z.jpg

Anne Mette and I have built The Ferris Wheel (Ballongyngen) and The Roller Coaster (Rutschebanen) with The Mine (Minen). Henrik Christian Grove has built the carousel and The Vintage Cars (Veteranbilerne):

12614962775_43b59ffbe1_z.jpg

When we built the ferris wheel (Ballongyngen), we had to buy technic liftarms at bricklink smiley3.gif. I had never thought that would happen.

12615391644_2b23b1f9f1_z.jpg

Anne Mette has also built the fountains:

12615471284_87b7affd8c_z.jpg

Anne Mette and I have built The Camel Trail:

12615025483_de0e1502d9_z.jpg

Trine Jensen has built the Tivoli Lake with Færgekroen and the boats which can move. Jakob Hestbæk has built the Monsoon, which can be seen in the background.

12614986913_1bc8acfdaf_z.jpg

The 7 builders are: Jakob Hestbæk, Henrik Christian Grove, Jørgen Pedersen, Lasse Vestergård, Anne Mette Vestergård, Trine Jensen and Tine Gudiksen.

12614953573_3aafae0597_z.jpg

More photos of our layout can be seen here:

http://www.flickr.co...th/12615335445/

Edited by Lasse

Congrats to you and your crew on an awesome layout......you gotta love people setting the bar high ! :grin:

Brick On 'Lasse' ! :grin:

Wow, that is brilliant. The size is impressive, and the details are amazing.

Lasse, When I saw that you posted something, I had to jump on it. This is most impressive as usual. What a great team work.

Congrats!

I could spend a couple of days looking at these on Flickr and I'd still be discovering some amazing detail work!

Congratulations to you and your LUG - this is a fantastic accomplishment. Well done!

Wow! That is just amazing!! I can't even begin to say what I like best about it as it's all excellent. (It's things like this that I show people who say Lego's just a toy!) Very well done to all involved!

Lasse and all the team behind this wonderful layout: Congratulations! You have really made something spectacular here. All the atmosphere you have caught from the Tivoli Gardens. From the big constructions to the small shops, the flowers, the water coloumns outside Nimbs. Of the pictures you have posted above, the one with Pjerrot at the main entrance really got my attention. The building behind him - you are not in doubt where you are. It's like being there.

I am happy I got to see Tivoli - as built by you guys - at the LEGO World this year.

I knew after reading who the topic was started by, that it would be something epic. This is an amazing layout! You all did a fantastic job detailing this :classic:

This was a fantastic display! I'm really glad I had a chance to see it. I shared a few words with Tine (I think), and told her how amazing the model is. At first I only saw a couple of familiar buildings, but the details of the park were all just overwhelming. I'm still fascinated by the wonderful landscaping with the flower bushes and fountains - this part looks even nicer in bricks than in real life. The buildings and the roller costers are equally impressive. Congratulations to the whole team for a wonderful display!

Epically amazing. Do you have a rough estimate of the number of bricks in there?

Around 350000 bricks.

Amazing doesn't even begin to describe this build. All the people who were involved in this, should feel very proud of themselves.

:thumbup:

Edited by yohai71

WOW! Details are the killer here, and it is so well done. The fountains, lake and trees are to die for; the buildings are perfect!

What an incredible model of a lovely park with such a long and famous Danish history. Congrats to the team of builders!

(And that IS A LOT OF BRICKS for sure. Glad they make some of them in Denmark!)

This is purely incredible! All the little details....it's just too much to take in. Well done!

Wow, this is an amazing build! I really love all the details, and the size is very impressive!

Thanks for sharing! :thumbup: