Sign in to follow this  
Legodt

Paris Opera House in Modular Style (64 wide)

This MOC was nominated for "BEST LARGE BUILDING" at Brickworld Chicago 2014. Also, please support on Lego Ideas... you can search for it by typing in "Paris"

Builds like this put official Lego sets to shame - this could be the start of a beautiful range of minifigure-scale architecture!

Announcing that this project, PARIS OPERA HOUSE has been chosen is being promoted on "Staff Picks" over at the LEGO Ideas site: https://ideas.lego.com/dashboard ------- Here is you chance to support a large-scale building that has caught the attention of The LEGO Company.

Edited by Legodt

Damn.

Every time this thread gets bumped, I'm left disappointed.

Why?

Because each time there's no news of this becoming a set.

See, there's 2 Lego sets I'd pay money MONEY to own:

1) The X-Men Mansion. I'm not talking a glorified facade, I'm talking the fully tricked out build that made 10.000 votes on Lego CUUSOO/Ideas.

2) The Paris Opera House. As is. No neutering for budget's sake, neither.

This Opera House build is a work of art in itself, and would be worth every penny.

Edited by Colossus

Truly gorgeous work! And first attempt? Wow!

PS, I love Excel - it can do so many things - but this the first time I have seen it used for Lego MOCs!

Paris Opera House (12,000+ LEGO parts) achieves 1,000 supporters at LEGO Ideas https://ideas.lego.com/projects/61827

Hot diggety damn! I love this build, and I know the piece count is astronomical, but I'd really like to get this. If I had instructions, I'd consider working overtime to pay for the bricks to build it.

And that's sayin' something.

Edited by Colossus

Beautiful! I love historical buildings and I know how is hard work with the right scales sometimes. Very good job. Congrats!

Could you imagine if Lego did an Ultimate Collectors Series with Modulars instead of Star Wars stuff? I bet this would make one helluva candidate for its first release. I mean, I paid $400 for a Death Star, and that is a huge build with tons of minifigures, but that was before Lego started getting greedy.

Edited by Colossus

This is really top notch, it either never made front page for an unknown reason or I just missed it back in February, true incredible level of detail inside and out.

Thanks everyone for keeping this post alive. I sure wish some of the blogs would front-page this creation... it would help with getting additional supporters on LEGO Ideas. Any one have any suggestions about how I can encourage the Eurobricks moderators to front page this creation?

Cool building. It's so big it's absurd - as far as LEGO ideas website goes, it's just an ego stroke. They're not going to publish your set.

Let's get a stop motion going, this could be way fun!