Sign in to follow this  
Wodanis

Octan Gas Station Lego Madness!

Hi everyone,

Since there is Octan Gas station enthusiasm in the air, I thought I would share my lxf file for the Lego world Octan Gas Station. I, like Lightning Tiger who recently has been making one from scratch, reversed engineered the design from photos. See the link below for the LDD file.

Octan Gas Station.lxf

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=92477 : Lightning Tiger's project

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=91836&hl=octan : My modular Octan Gas Station

I built a modular one and noticed I missed a few things from the early incarnations of my design. In the end the result was much better than I hoped. I took a few element styles from the original Lego world design and changed quite a bit. For instance, I didn't use the bricks on top of the overhead roof sign-age. Nor (at the time) did I have a similar gas pump. If you look closely at the photos from Lego World you will see that they didn't use a fireman's hose but rather a yellow nozzle which can be attachable to a string with two studs on the end like on my gas pump from my modular version.

Anyhow, I hope you like what I've done and now everyone can build their own. Happy building! :laugh:

Super work guys, think I will have to give this project a go seen as how we have not had an official set for so long. BrickLink here I come. Going to give the Octan storage towers a bash as well to go with it. Think I will do 3 of varying heights.

Edited by Technic-Kobaltz

Hey, that's about the same as my LDD file ! :laugh:

Thanks for extra promotion of my design too 'Wodanis'.......Brick On ! :classic:

You're welcome!

Super work guys, think I will have to give this project a go seen as how we have not had an official set for so long. BrickLink here I come. Going to give the Octan storage towers a bash as well to go with it. Think I will do 3 of varying heights.

Thank you! That sounds cool. I may try that myself, using LDD first. :laugh:

Thanks for the LDD

You're welcome!

Edited by Wodanis

Hola!

Thanks for sharing the fruits of your labour. It will look great next to the multi-story car park from a couple of years ago.

EvMan

Hola!

Thanks for sharing the fruits of your labour. It will look great next to the multi-story car park from a couple of years ago.

EvMan

Thank you! :grin: It's good to see over a hundred people can now build their own!