qiadris

The Sultan's Plate [Sultan's Gate community build]

12612303273_4800a26262_c.jpg

Built on the back of a crumbling old wall section no longer used, by-product of the expansion of the city, the Sultan's Plate is not the fanciest food joint in the city of Sultan's Gate, but it is one of the most popular. Conveniently located near a main circulation artery, the once dusty warehouse is now a haven for travelers and locals alike. The place is run by Laebon, an associate of Q'adris (the owner), an elf who was crippled in battle decades ago and found refuge and solace in Kaliphlin. What he lacks in muscular capabilities is more than compensated by his excellent social skills. Drop by if you are ever in the city and would like to experience a warm welcome, delicious wine and a fulfilling meal.

12612205465_4957878a9e_n.jpg 12612303303_0375520781_n.jpg 12612303193_b15f03bff3_n.jpg

Laebon Kitchen Overexcited Soldier

If you have noticed the studs on top of the walls, those are for the attachable ceiling.

12612044855_9086cf32d0_n.jpg 12612140573_37673c338d_n.jpg 12632069304_84229f35fb_n.jpg

For point matters in the Sultan's Gate community build, this build is small (<33x33).

I would also like to claim the following UoP DoH credits (3 total):

[General Building] Interior Design, [Anthropology] - City Life, [Anthropology] Life in Kaliphlin

Edit: Added links to all pictures, added another image with roof

Edited by qiadris

This is really good! I really (really!) like the use of the netting in canopy build. I wonder if it could be used to make an actual tree, if it's tucked in here and there... Hmmm... thoughts for later...

Very nice build and excellent photography! :classic:

My only complaints is that I would have liked to see the overall picture with the roof on and that the wall looks a bit too low and crumbled, but maybe this is a part of an old wall no longer relevant since the city has expanded?

UoP +1 for the claims :classic:

Edited by Gideon

This is really good! I really (really!) like the use of the netting in canopy build. I wonder if it could be used to make an actual tree, if it's tucked in here and there... Hmmm... thoughts for later...

Thanks! Using this piece to truncate from the trunk and make branches/poles to hold the net in place could be an idea.

Very nice build and excellent photography!

My only complaints is that I would have liked to see the overall picture with the roof on and that the wall looks a bit too low and crumbled, but maybe this is a part of an old wall no longer relevant since the city has expanded?

Thanks! The photography was a bit tricky, because the background I use is the back of a foam map, and it has pin holes, but some image retouching fixed that ^^ As for the wall, that is indeed the case, I'll extend the description and also get a shot with the roof on tomorrow.

looks nice, i like the trees, but why is there one fleshy in the middle of regular yellows?

I use fleshies as elves; in most mythologies they have paler skin color, so it fits perfectly.

Great work, the colored leaves on top of the net are particularly eye catching! Good job on the posing as well! +1 for all your claims, though I would have liked to see a shot of the whole thing with the roof on.

Very nice build! I would have had the first pic with the roof on however. It is an excellent angle you photographed there.

Thanks for all the comments!

I have now added a shot with the roof on from the original/main angle, plus all pictures are linked (only the first one was).

Lovely. I like the cupboard in the kitchen especially. The pink on the roof seems a bit out of place though.

Yeah, sadly I don't have those pieces in white, and it would be even better if they could match the green tiles, but it doesn't exist in that shade of green :/

Really nice build, the net with leaves on it as an awning looks sweet :wub: Excellent restaurant feel and the name is great :thumbup:

Thanks for all the comments!

I have now added a shot with the roof on from the original/main angle, plus all pictures are linked (only the first one was).

Yeah, sadly I don't have those pieces in white, and it would be even better if they could match the green tiles, but it doesn't exist in that shade of green :/

I totally understand! On a different note, they aren't as noticeable in the newer photo, maybe it had something to do with the angle.

I really like this, it has a very realistic down town feel to it. The net canopy is superb and the colors look great. Nice entry!