Thank you very much for sharing. That one is really amazing! I especially love the little trees around the lake and the (I guess) church.

Thank you very much for sharing. That one is really amazing! I especially love the little trees around the lake and the (I guess) church.

I am really glad you like it :classic: the trees and other vegatation is good for making the city more fresh. There are six churches in all. Edited by Ulrik Hansen

OMG. I just realized you have Tivoli in there! The microscale is amazing in general, and the insane amount of SNOT is absolutely ridiculous. Did you pre-plan everything, or was it more of a 'we'll figure it out as we go' kind of build?

OMG. I just realized you have Tivoli in there! The microscale is amazing in general, and the insane amount of SNOT is absolutely ridiculous. Did you pre-plan everything, or was it more of a 'we'll figure it out as we go' kind of build?

I did the whole layout in (Adobe) Illustrator first to adapt every single street to it's nearest possible angle. Many solutions came along the way. I had to tweek some blocks that did not get the full space originally intended and so on. I did all the churches and other bigger buildings quite early in the process plus half of Tivoli and then on the day of my deadline I did the rest of it :wacko: Edited by Ulrik Hansen

Very impressive! I come back from time to time to find some more cute details of your MOC. Very clever, very cool! :thumbup:

Here's a clone of my model that I was commissioned to do last spring. I did some optimizations plus had to make a few compromises too. Try to spot the differences :)

19882764460_80db2f44a4_c.jpg

20044484716_011a2ecf6e_c.jpg

20044488956_20035acdcb_c.jpg

19884092469_0dd80f1309_c.jpg

This is amazing! I love all the little details. I have a question.

Is this the Lego Store in Copenhagen? I tried to compare your creation to a map of Copenhagen on Google(shown in bottom right corner) to see if I could find it.

Rr3jnsX.jpg

Edited by Tech Artist

Yes, that's exactly it :) in th MOC a yellow LEGO truck is loading goods from the side alley where they also have entrance to the store.

5208658819_e9874499f1.jpg 5208659283_bc745ebe2c.jpg

Edited by Ulrik Hansen

Yes, that's exactly it :) in th MOC a yellow LEGO truck is loading goods from the side alley where they also have entrance to the store.

That is awesome. Love the attention to detail! That is an interesting store front. Looks almost like it is closed yet open at the same time.

That is awesome. Love the attention to detail! That is an interesting store front. Looks almost like it is closed yet open at the same time.

Imagine how stupid it would be not to include the LEGO Store :D :D people asking: ... so where is the LEGO Store??? :sick:

The store pictures were taken some time before launch, which is why the windows are covered.

I did see this at LEGO World back when it was displayed. Unfortunately I didn´t have a chance to chat with you, as I think Lasse was at your display while you were gone for whatever reason.

Looking forward to seeing your expansion of it. Its very impressive already indeed ! :classic:

Fantastisk flot !! :thumbup:

Thanks for the interrest and encouragement, guys. For quite some time I didn't think I'd ever expand it. No matter in what direction or how much, it would never be enough – people easily go: Why is that missing? Or that? Or that? At LEGO World 2014 there was quite a few spectators who had their appartment just outside the frame, and it made me think about what would be reasonable, if ...

There is one simple reason for not building this style at all. It takes so many different tiny elements. And all those cheese slopes etc. are not cheap on bricklink. Last time I had some support and this time I am on my own so it really has to make sense if to be expanded.

The goal is the structural recognition, and Kongens Nytorv is where all the tourists go, so you could say I drew the line a little too early on the original, but I had to be realistic with materials and build-time. Tourists go even further towards Frederiksstaden (Amalienborg, Marmorkirken) and past Kastellet to see the Little Mermaid but the latter is way too small to even depict in 1:1500. So the expansion makes sense as an extra 48 studs like this:

25155461712_e4cf7fa908.jpg

Edited by Ulrik Hansen

Finally I can show you the extension of Copenhagen Microscale that I have been working on for some months. There is a square (Kongens Nytorv) and a canal (Nyhavn) that is popular with both turists and citizens in general. Anyway, I hope you like it. I have lots of close ups in my Flickr gallery. This image is the first one of the extension range of the album:

29356992516_2588b316d9_b.jpg

28831024344_7db792c4ac_b.jpg

29312942884_d83ac469fd_b.jpg

Edited by Ulrik Hansen

Awesome! What an incredible project.

Thanks for the compliment :) I just dug your different builds on Flickr :D very nice!

I have more cities with different landscapes in the pipeline, but given the time for planning and creation (and most annoyingly its fragile nature), it's hard to keep the high output rate that is common with many popular builders. Right now I'm looking to upgrade my shelving system to be able to work on many different areas without running out of table space :)

Edited by Ulrik Hansen

Another great LEGO World in Bella Center, Copenhagen is behind us, and I thank all the people who were there, and those who came by to visit me and my model.

32892498171_119817f5ea_c.jpg

32892490241_90f43e8713_c.jpg

32892500331_459b7d2ee4_c.jpg

Edited by Ulrik Hansen
Typo

Absolutely incredible. The detail, accuracy, building techniques and beauty of the whole creation are astonishingly fantastic. Truly remarkable!

Finally, I present to you a new version of my City of Copenhagen model. This time it's done in a simplified color scheme to resemble a typical scale model of architectural projects. More importantly it needed to be elegant since it has been build for the LEGO House and will be exhibited in the Blue Zone. I continue to evolve my techniques so you may be able to notice some differences here and there. Also, a city is in constant change and thus some details in the model attest to that fact.

Here is a link to the gallery. Below are a few samples.

36431568680_eed1128478_c.jpg

36431564220_a38cae5014_c.jpg

36431541000_d19704672b_c.jpg

3 hours ago, henrysunset said:

Amazing work on the 2017 revised edition.  It must be such an honor to have your work displayed at the LEGO House.

Thanks. A very big honor indeed. The worst was the first two years (2012-2014) when I hadn't proven my vision yet. I'm glad I kept at it :classic: