legolijntje

[Contest] LDD/LDraw Contest 2014: Build your dream home

Now I need to download all those files again because I'm not sure which ones I got and which ones I didn't. :laugh:

Tremendously impressed, especially by some of the Free Build entries, voting will be insanely tough. :thumbup:

This has been a great competition. I couldn't enter due to a shortage of time, but maybe next time. I do have a suggestion for the moderator's. I find that when judging, my eyes are being drawn to the rendered images.

Maybe it's me, but perhaps it is better to let the main categories, e.g. not the render category, post unrendered images only to create a level playing field.

That being said, excellent contest with many great builds. I found that micro category had especially great builds. Seems that restrictions breed creativity.

Maybe it's staring me straight in the face, but I don't see the downloadable file for Charly1221's Micro Build entry. :sceptic:

This has been a great competition. I couldn't enter due to a shortage of time, but maybe next time. I do have a suggestion for the moderator's. I find that when judging, my eyes are being drawn to the rendered images.

Maybe it's me, but perhaps it is better to let the main categories, e.g. not the render category, post unrendered images only to create a level playing field.

That being said, excellent contest with many great builds. I found that micro category had especially great builds. Seems that restrictions breed creativity.

Yea, maybe you're right, although the same "problem" can also appear in real-brick contest, where the great photographers may have an advantage. But, in a digital contest, it could be easier to to amke the same quality images (for example: "Everyone render with these settings!".

Ah well, maybe it's also a part of a contest, presenting your creation as good as you can to gain the attention :sweet:

Maybe it's staring me straight in the face, but I don't see the downloadable file for Charly1221's Micro Build entry. :sceptic:

I'll take a look at it. Thanks!

Isn't the voting eglibility wrong defined?

I think that you meant: Members that joined after the start aren't allowd to vote

:facepalm: You're absolutely right. How could I make such a sentence?! :grin:

Can somebody tell me how to download Bak318's file. I can't seem to find out how to do it and it's such a great build. :classic:

Also, there doesn't seem to be a download file for Xenomorph's "Oblivion Sky Tower."

You can download bak318's file by clicking on the link and then clicking on the las thumbnail in the list with 5 thumbnails.

Tely's fart powered jacuzi lol.

Did anyone know he's changed the picture after voting started?

EDIT: And has more than 10 votes, I would be angry if it werent so funny, lolz.

Edited by JM1971

You can download bak318's file by clicking on the link and then clicking on the las thumbnail in the list with 5 thumbnails.

The one I didn't try! :facepalm: Thanks! :classic:

Just for the record I didn't see lxf files for either Harton's entry or Lord Tyrus's.

Edited by Palathadric

Dharkan made a really good point. I'm not liking the enormous houses at all, they're just too detailed. I don't like how it's just the outside, too. There really should be an interior. As good as some of these are, this is just a huge fault that I don't like.

Still, good luck to everyone. Way more entries than I expected. This has been a great contest!

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Dharkan made a really good point. I'm not liking the enormous houses at all, they're just too detailed. I don't like how it's just the outside, too. There really should be an interior. As good as some of these are, this is just a huge fault that I don't like.

I think my entry doesn't compare in terms of exterior looks to the others, but it's definitely smaller (only 16x48 for the house itself) and the inside has lots of nice details if you check out the LDraw file. I even made a micro version too, that (almost) fits in with the official Mini Modulars.

However, it seems Flickr has made my images break, so they maybe don't appear anymore in the proper competition threads?

I've updated the thread I made about the model itelf, so if people do see dead images please check that out.

Or just go directly to flickr.com/photos/smoothbit.

Edited by smoothbit

I'm silently praying that my entries will do well, but now I see some other great entries sure to surpass my home. Oh well.

Good luck to everyone!

I'm silently praying that my entries will do well, but now I see some other great entries sure to surpass my home. Oh well.

Good luck to everyone!

I think my entry doesn't compare in terms of exterior looks to the others, but it's definitely smaller (only 16x48 for the house itself) and the inside has lots of nice details if you check out the LDraw file. I even made a micro version too, that (almost) fits in with the official Mini Modulars.

However, it seems Flickr has made my images break, so they maybe don't appear anymore in the proper competition threads?

I've updated the thread I made about the model itelf, so if people do see dead images please check that out.

Or just go directly to flickr.com/photos/smoothbit.

I like this one (and others like this) because it's based off of an actual house. Not too big or anything. I designed mine so it actually looks like it could be a LEGO set, as an appropriate size and such. I'm pretty sure if I rendered it, it'd get a lot more votes. At the moment, I have about 26-ish votes :tongue:

Still, good luck to all.

-Sci

I've noticed someone forgot to assign all 6 points when voting, and someone other assign more than 3 point to a single entry.

Are these votes completely invalid?

Edited by Calabar

Yup.

Although, I try to notify everyone who has an invalid entry or invalid vote, but as you can see, some are still passing through...

End the end, it's not my responsibility.

Voting finished, did any members do a unofficial count?

4 and 30 seemed to get loads of points.

Comps on eurobricks is really high standard. :thumbup:

If I count correctly the unoffical top 5 of the votes are:

30: 92

04: 76

38: 64

33: 53

39: 43

02: 43

However, I guess that several votes are illegal, since the user either joined on March 1st or later (figgycity50 2014-03-09, Brickelangelo 2014-03-31, SithMageHenry 2014-04-01, neghibo 2014-04-18, legozebra 2014-03-27, divingfaces 2014-03-14, o0ger 2014-03-05 and FETT 2014-03-12) or did not use exactly 6 points but more (Brickelangelo 8) or less (neghibo 5, HomerJSimpson 5, Gioppa 5 and leksivalen 5).

The figures above still include those illegal votes, but I doubt it would make much of a difference subtracting them.

Edited by pbat

04 came into the comp early and looked a winner, 30 came in near the end along with some really good entries around the same time, its then I knew I had no chance. :tongue:

An incredible amount of effert went into some of the entries, until you do a few comps you don't realize how hard some people push to get perfection, it can affect health even. :thumbup:

Edited by JM1971

Here I made some more interactive 360° panorama renderings of cool entries. Some bricks removed for minimum the render time.

The pan0.net interactive panoramas require flash player. So to view on ipad you need browser like Puffin or so.

http://www.eurobrick...0

See more at http://pan0.net/users.php?user_id=4017

Edited by bbqqq

For attending my duty („ ... you must (if you win) share how you did the render…”) I prepared some comments on my entry for the rendering contest.

Hope these comments will inspire you to create and poste some more nice renderings or even will encourage you to engage with rendering.

And many thanks to the organizing committee for this great contest! Hope there will be a similar challenge soon ....

Regards

Papacharly

Wow, that's an interesting mini-tutorial there. :thumbup:

Nice work papacharly! :classic:

I agree...excellent work. Would you mind to make a topic about it here in the forum. I think it's such a nice tutorial, it could warrant it's own topic :thumbup: