legolijntje

[Contest] LDD/LDraw Contest 2014: Build your dream home

What about adding a work in progress thread? Or should that kind of stuff wait til after you enter?

You may make a work in progres topic in the subforum it belongs in, just like any regular moc. When it's finished, you can add your entry in the correct entry topic :classic:

How do you mean a month? Looking in the calender, it is about 6 and a half weeks from the day of the announcement, so we was hoping it would be enough.

Huh?

Did the date change? I would have sworn that the ending was at the end of this month. But I might be wrong.

In any case, I still don't think that's very long. Considering how little time I usually have to "play", I would prefer that such competitions ran for no less than 3 months or so. It takes time to come up with an idea, design it, change it, improve it, order the needed bricks...

Okay, so the last step can be skipped this time.

I guess I just don't like feeling rushed. I work best when I have some time to think things over, brainstorm a bit, try out various ideas...

I have to agree a bit with f2k about this, i'm working on my third idea and i just noticed i ran over 250 studs in lenght.. so back to the drawing board :grin:

I totally agree in this case: Though we don't have to order missing parts, it would be very nice, to have a few weeks more for working on our digital concepts, yes! :blush:

Any way - I got a question regarding the category "micro":

I'm a bit confused about the scale of "micro". Do you differentiate between "nano", "micro" and "midi"? Or does every scale, which is smaler than minifig-scale

and not larger than 30x30 studs base accord to the rules for that category?

Great contest by the way!! :thumbup:

Edited by moctown

Great contest. Im glad it is all digital. While I have a decent number of bricks, one can always have more. I will be entering the freebuild and microbuild, I actually already know what Im going to do so now it's just a matter of execution.

Huh? Did the date change? I would have sworn that the ending was at the end of this month. But I might be wrong.

From the first post in this very topic :wink:

• All entries should be submitted in the entry topic before April 15th at 24.00 GMT. Make sure your entry is legit and according to the contest rules.

Well, it depends... It still should be some kind of home. Take for example the entry that's already submitted in the free-build category: it's a pyramid, but it has a garage, kitchen etc.

But that you wouldn't typically live in... What do you mean with that? Something that isn't very normal (like the pyramid), or something that you don't want to live in (like a room in a lava-lake without walls and roof)?

I meant something like a dilapidated house, but it doesn't matter anymore, I've already started my house and its going pretty well.

[...]

I'm a bit confused about the scale of "micro". Do you differentiate between "nano", "micro" and "midi"? Or does every scale, which is smaler than minifig-scale

and not larger than 30x30 studs base accord to the rules for that category?

Great contest by the way!! :thumbup:

Well, with micro I just mean small. :tongue:

You can use one of the micro standards if you like, that's your choice, but it it has (as the rules say) be smaller than minifig scale. I know about nano and micro, but midi? Never heard of it?

• All entries should be submitted in the entry topic before April 15th at 24.00 GMT.

But why such a shot deadline? A month is not much to come up with an idea and build a good design.

I'm done. As for me, we may as well prepone the deadline to March 9th, 2400 UTC. :tongue:

No seriously: Will there be any early-bird-bonus?

Well, with micro I just mean small. :tongue:

You can use one of the micro standards if you like, that's your choice, but it it has (as the rules say) be smaller than minifig scale. I know about nano and micro, but midi? Never heard of it?

Thanks for your quik answer! Here is what I found about "midi scale":

"Midi-scale sets are sets that are between miniature and minifigure scale. As such, the sets do not include minifigures, but have considerably more details than miniature models."

Source: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Midi-scale

I only want to get sure, that this scale, which is definitely smaller than minifig scale, accords to rules for the 'micro-build' category!

Can you give me green light?

"Midi-scale sets are sets that are between miniature and minifigure scale. As such, the sets do not include minifigures, but have considerably more details than miniature models."

I only want to get sure, that this scale, which is definitely smaller than minifig scale, accords to rules for the 'micro-build' category!

You're using the old Brickipedia :( http://en.brickimedia.org/wiki/Midi-scale

Anyways, I don't know if I'm actually going to get around to participating in this. I have a lot of work to do currently, and will be too busy to build much of anything over the next few weeks/months. :sadnew:

Well, looking at the example sets, midi-scale is certainly allowed :classic:

I have good news:

If you win the rendering contest, you can now choose between a LDD brick or an SR 3D Builder Registration Code. :classic:

This doesn't mean that there will be 2 winners in the rendering category, still one winner, but he/she can choose.

I have good news:

If you win the rendering contest, you can now choose between a LDD brick or an SR 3D Builder Registration Code.

That's great! Seems that you are almighty!

regards

Papacharly

^ Uh, what does that mean?!

Well, it's very simple: if you win the rendering category, you can choose between a LDD brick (so you may choose a brick to be added to LDD) or a SR3D Registration code :classic:

Yes, but what's a SR3D Registration code? :blush:

:laugh: Ah, I see what you mean.

It's the paid version of SR3D Builder. SR3D Builder has a free and a paid version. The paid version has a bunch of extra features and things.

Just posted my entry in the Free-Build topic! Lots of cool entries so far!

-Sci

Oh no! I still have to build and enter D: when does it end? I'll mark it on my calendar so I don't forget!

Oh no! I still have to build and enter D: when does it end? I'll mark it on my calendar so I don't forget!

As you can read in the first post of this topic, the current deadline is April 15th 24:00 GMT, so you still have a few weeks :classic:

Question about the 'dont go too wild with colours' comment. Is it ok to use colours so long as the bricks actually exist in those colours?

Edit: this is for the wall accent colour of my house.

Edited by Cara

As you can read in the first post of this topic, the current deadline is April 15th 24:00 GMT, so you still have a few weeks :classic:

Thank you very much! Sorry I've been busy lately and trying to read through all these EB topics is hurting my eyes and wasting my time :( but thanks for the info!