Wymond the Fox shifted on the stump as he finished cooking a trout over the coals. “I can’t believe that Avalonian painter tried to adjust the way those elk were holding their heads. I have enough to worry about without needing to save painters from their absurdities.” He inspected the trout and decided it was ready.

As he was tearing into the cooked fish, Wymond heard the cracking of twigs and labored breathing. He stamped out his fire. Before Wymond could crawl into his shelter a portly man crashed through the underbrush.

“It better snow early this year,” Wymond muttered, “I can’t stand any more painters.”

The painter, oblivious to what Wymond was saying, began setting up an easel. Wymond put on his best grimace. The more frightening he looked in the paintings sold in Avalonia, the fewer painters would come looking for him; at least, that was his hope.

12597307024_11ed601372_c.jpg

Wymond's campsite.

12596870665_d46d7b6f15_c.jpg

Cooking fish over the coals.

12596982233_1aaf74f550_c.jpg

His trusty axe.

12596872035_795db87e79_z.jpg

The lean-to.

Since I mainly do photography of nature and cities, I would appreciate suggestions on creating a good backdrop for taking pictures in addition to any other suggestions you have!

Edited by Direlda

Hey direlda, you should Host your pics on flickr or brickshelf and deeplink the Images from there. Currently loading your page takes forever

I really like the look of your fig! And the lean-to shelter is a great concept, it looks like the kind of thing a trapper would put together in the wilderness. I've been thinking of using some similar things in an upcoming MOC.

I've edited the post and it seems to be loading much faster (I think it was my attempts to resize the images using code that caused issues). If it is still loading rather slowly, let me know and I can continue fiddling!

I really like the look of your fig! And the lean-to shelter is a great concept, it looks like the kind of thing a trapper would put together in the wilderness. I've been thinking of using some similar things in an upcoming MOC.

While I'm not a trapper, I have put together shelters like this and spent the night in one. I'm glad you like it! ^^

Nice scene, the rockwork looks pretty good, especially the bottom section, and I like the lean-to/fire :thumbup: