R0Sch

My CMF display

Hi. I couldn't find a similar topic, so I started a new one. Let's all show our collection of collectible minifigures and the way we thought of displaying them.

Here's my collection of all 12 Series released so far (without GB Olympics of course and Mister Gold :P). I've bought 2 large 48x48 gray plates and glued them to the glass of 40x50cm picture frames. A nice collage of minifigures using the booklets from the CMF bags behind the glass and voila, an eye-catcher for every LEGO enthusiast! I tried to arrange them by type (historic, sports, fantasy, animal costumes, space, etc.), but was limited by the height of the different minifigures to be able to put 8 rows on each plate.

What do you think of this idea of a displaying method?

minifigures_s1-6.jpg

minifigures_s7-12.jpg

That's a nice display :)!

Good idea with the plates and the background ^^!

I so agree.

I would have thought that a background would ruin the joy of a display but you have surely nailed it.

I love it and i have to do something similar with my collection(s).

Well done

Woah, that's really cool! I kind of want to make that collage in the background now, too. :grin:

I have a question- do you plan to get and display all The Simpsons Series minifigures?

Very well done! I may have to implement this type of vertical display to solve some of my Lego storage problems while also driving my wife bat$#!+ crazy with all the minifigs til she agrees that I need a little space of my own in the house (which I guess would also solve some of my storage problems). Win/win for me!

I love your display - very creative use of lots of these "collector's lists"! I tried to display my figs in much the same way using a large baseplate, but it all looked very plain because I haven't got the sme background idea. Now my nearly-ful basic collection (withough mr.Gold&Olympics&yet not all from TLM) has its own shelf inside a large bookshelf with glass doors.

thank you all for the positive feedback. I would love to see your minifig displays as well.

Woah, that's really cool! I kind of want to make that collage in the background now, too. :grin:

I have a question- do you plan to get and display all The Simpsons Series minifigures?

Of course I'll get the upcoming Simpsons minifigures, since I'm a big fan of the TV-Series, but they will probably stay on my regular display of minifigures.

I have a 3,6 meter tripple row of all my SW, LotR, Hobbit, etc. minifigures. First row sits on regular studded Technic beams the other two rows on gray 2x4 magnets :classic: I'll let you calculate how many minifigures I have set up this way and how many magnets I used :tongue:

Nice display! I'm just getting interested in LEGO again now my children have take an interest, and I'm thinking of a clever way to display (and protect) The Simpsons ones when they come out.