Rufus

News The LEGO Movie: 70810 MetalBeard's Sea Cow

Can anybody who has it tell me how many bags are in it, what number they go up to, what each one builds, and where the mini figures come in? Thanks.

There a 17 bags organized in groups 1-9. There is an additional unlabeled bag for some of the larger Technic parts, and the usual bag containing instructions and labels. Looks like minifigs are scattered among groups 1 and 2. Can't go into much further detail, busy scraping my brain off the wall after seeing how many teeny, tiny bricks make this set. I haven't felt this giddy anticipating a build like this in a long time, so here goes!

The wife and kids are fast asleep. Down the basement stairs I creep.

I open the box and stifle a "WOW!" I have all damn night to build the Sea Cow!

'Twas the night of the Sea Cow

And all through the house

Not a creature was stirring

Not even a mouse!

Except for Colossus

Who said with a "Wow!"

"I have all night to build the Sea Cow!"

-The Kid who doth wryte with eleven Pen's.

You people that can afford this set are so lucky...

I wonder if anyone who already received a copy could post backside of double-decker couch from instructions please.

[/font][/color]

I think it's freakin' awesome. The broken helmet and scratched-up torso are a *huge* throwback nod to the fans - a large percentage of viewers won't even get it, but for those of us who played with LEGO in the 80s, it's like going back in time. Those helmets always broke and the printing always got scratched.

The LEGO Movie sets are supposed to be over-the-top, tongue-firmly-in-cheek. If you were expecting a dead-serious exact duplication of Classic Space... well, no.

The best evidence for this over-the-top, tongue-in-cheekiness is the actual set name on the box for the one we ALL want:

Benny's Spaceship Spaceship! SPACESHIP!!

Anyone else notice the discrepancy between the instructions and the box/instruction cover image? The little fake cannons on the sides right behind the side turbines sit one brick higher higher in the instructions than they are in all the pics. It's a simple fix, but it is rather rare that the instructions have that big of a difference from the models cover art (a difference of structure and not simply smaller "accessory" components rearranged for the visual effect)

The set is amazing!! Loads of fun to build and ripe with details. It's cool how much stuff they crammed into the cabin, and there are even some little hidden areas of the ship that contain even more treasure, built in a style that reminds me of the treasure from late 80's early 90's castle and pirates sets.

Awesome set but really pricey, as others pointed out this is a playset. S

And this isn´t the first and last really expensive Lego set TLG is selling this year, have they really thought this through? Meaning with the global economical situation being "not so good". Will people actually buy all these sets?

I can name like 15 Lego sets I would like to have this year (meaning sets I would build and put on display, last year there was 3 i would liked to have, bought 1 of them)

I skip this one and get Benny´s spaceship instead, the ship is totally awesome steampunk but it is way too big and expensive for us right now.

There a 17 bags organized in groups 1-9. There is an additional unlabeled bag for some of the larger Technic parts, and the usual bag containing instructions and labels. Looks like minifigs are scattered among groups 1 and 2. Can't go into much further detail, busy scraping my brain off the wall after seeing how many teeny, tiny bricks make this set. I haven't felt this giddy anticipating a build like this in a long time, so here goes!

Thanks!

There's no way this set won't be a hit.

I wouldn't be so sure. It's kinda weird, as others have pointed out it's very expensive yet focuses on play feature - I can't see anyone but very richest parents buying this for a kid. And at the same time, this set turns many adults off since it's pretty jambled and not that good for display (generally, I know some like it)

On top of that, the seriously inflated price in many parts of the world turn people off even more.

I want it so much, but the price.... Man... that price...

considering it is their own license Set 250eu in Ireland is taking a piss. 169£ in UK... If I would live closer to North Ireland I would just ask my friends to buy it, and save almost 50eu...

I was planing on Collecting Lego Movie sets, but I am already pushed off a bit as I doubt I will ever be able to buy this beast. :(

Pictures, Pictures, PICTURES!

Seriously, not just talking about press stuff, but in person, and hoping someone is working on a review. Saw the set in person at the Lego Store today...it is a heck lot bigger than I thought. Not long, but it's tall.

Just ordered mine after talking the wife round but wasn't to hard as she wants benny's spaceship so it's a win win for me. I do feel bad for everyone outside of the UK as it definitely seems like they are getting a raw deal on this one

I love the mini Metalbeard!

I agree! I think I may actually like Minibeard more than Metalbeard. At first, Metalbeard wasn't much of a priority til I actually paid attention to all the detailing. Then I just had to get him! Then I bought The Sea Cow yesterday, and did a little build with the first 2 groups of bags in the set. Seeing how well the designers scaled down Metalbeard, yet kept all the major design points on Minibeard, just blew me away.

Ordered and on it's way with the piece of resistance. I had been planning on getting the Maersk container ship, but when I saw this my mind was changed. Even though it is a hundred dollars more I just love it. I think it is fun, interesting to look at, and will be a awesome display piece. I just have to keep my kids away from it so they don't ruin it! Ha ha ha! Maybe some kragle will do the trick!

I would really like to know the box dimensions for this set. Anyone out there who can help me out? Gonna try and get a friend in the UK to buy it and send it to Sweden.

Has anyone placed an order for this, had it shipped, not received a tracking number, but it still says 'in process' when you check your order status. Something is seriously wrong with the new system they implemented.

Edited by Brickus