hello my friends this is my recent creation

made on LDD and render with Pov Ray

its a 7wide train:)

its another portuguese Replica, The "presidential Train"

full size image: http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2860/12527833244_ba0c7ef1bf_o.png

12527833244_79163f1fbb_b.jpg

1424-Presidencial-Salreu-Nelso%2BSilva.jpg

The project Presidential Tours - Tourist Travel Train in Historic Trains primarily aims at the conservation and restoration of the old Presidential Train - a special composition used by the Head of State and his Entourage between 1910 and 1970.

In the year of the celebration of the Centenary of Tourism in Portugal, this emblematic train got back not only all its physical and functional capabilities, through a rigorous process of conservation and restoration, but also all its dignity as a patrimonial object of unique value.

The key solution for a better understanding and interpretation of the Presidential Train was the full restoration of the six vehicles that comprides the Presidential Train, according to the look it would have on the 1970` s, wich is the last known image of the Presidential Train as such.

In a unprecedent project in Portugal, the vehicles were recovered from the mechanical, technical and patrimonial point of view, in order to proceed with the reorganization of this special composition, according to its valences and historical-cultural values.

Now its a long journey to make it in real bricks :)

Edited by Sérgio

Very nice train! IMO The lego engine looks even better than the real one (maybe because it's cleaned :sweet: ?). Your model captures the look pretty well, although the stripe on the wagons seems to me to be orange in real life?!

Very nice train! IMO The lego engine looks even better than the real one (maybe because it's cleaned :sweet: ?). Your model captures the look pretty well, although the stripe on the wagons seems to me to be orange in real life?!

Many Thanx!!!!

the engine its the same as http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41092&hl=cp1400 but in a classic color scheme :)

about the wagons, maybe the pic doesn´t show the colors right, its defenly red :)

B.jpg

Edited by Sérgio