Hey folks!

Well, some years ago I designed a model of an LMS (London Midland and Scottish Railway) Ivatt Class 2MT 2-6-2T engine designed in LDD. So one week ago I changed the livery to the one that was really used and reduced bricks (it just has about 580 for that detailed model). Furthermore I tried to incorporate Power Functions. There is enough room for them, the PF Small motor will definitely fit, but I'll try it with the PF Large motor first.

Here is the design from LDD:

12461052724_7a81bd3569_b.jpg

Here is a pic where you see the PF components:

12460881834_2f62c8e510_b.jpg

I have built some of the model in real bricks, I just don't have all the parts yet( at least in the right color), though I nearly finished one side:

12243623074_f9b540e522_b.jpg

The trailing wheels all clear nicely in curves.

I also designed a model of the BR 9F 'Evening Star' which could be operated with Power Functions or 9v in the tender, maybe I will try my hands on that one sometime:

12460887454_5fcf642f7d_b.jpg

12460983554_03c0f14cf4_z.jpg

I hope you enjoyed it, I will update the thread when it's more finished.

Edited by ScotNick

Could you email me the LXF for the first loco that looks like a nice build.

tindoor500@hotmail.com.

Good work very nice locos.

Sehr schön ;) (or: very nice in German), you especially did a great job getting the curves in there! I like the front deflectors with the horns very much!

You've managed to pack a lot of detail in these, it is amazing that you were then able to find enough room to put the PF components too. Keep up the great work!

Wow, nice models. Great detailing and the brick built lines work out great. Really nice.

I do agree with AgenRick75 that the gap between the boiler and the wheels seems to be a bit large. But then again in real life there also was a big gap.

Awesome, drawings are no fun when there is no Lego prototype with it :sweet:

Sehr schön ;) (or: very nice in German), you especially did a great job getting the curves in there! I like the front deflectors with the horns very much!

Danke sehr :) (or thank you). Yeah, wasn't that easy to get the curves there

These are some great models!

Awesome, drawings are no fun when there is no Lego prototype with it :sweet:

Thanks!

You've managed to pack a lot of detail in these, it is amazing that you were then able to find enough room to put the PF components too. Keep up the great work!

Thanks, I didn't really design them with the PF components in mind, but then realized that it would be possible. There is nearly no room left in the LMS engine because of the PF, so that was really close to not working.

Those are pretty nice models, although I feel that there's too large of a gap between the Evening Star's boiler.

Wow, nice models. Great detailing and the brick built lines work out great. Really nice.

I do agree with AgenRick75 that the gap between the boiler and the wheels seems to be a bit large. But then again in real life there also was a big gap.

Well I just looked at the real engine, and yes now it seems to big to me as well, had it bigger in mind than it actually was, I probably gonna change that. But then I would have to make the engine higher, it already is a little bit lower than the Emerald Night.

Any chance of posting the LXF files?

Sure. I have attached it.

One question: does anybody know if you have to gear down an L or M PF motor to use with Lego's large engine wheels (the ones first used in the Emerald Night), and if, how do you do that to get the right speed?

I would rather use an L motor because it has much more torque, I'm just not sure yet if it fits.

LMS_Ivatt_2MT_PFsmall.lxf

Thanks for sharing the LDD file Scotnick! It makes my day when i see you've posted a file: it means I have a new puzzle to work out and figure what makes a model tick... or steam in this case! :grin:

Edited by Murdoch17