Deathleech

Which is Better, Mega Bloks or Kre-O?

Which is Better?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Mega Bloks or Kre-O

• Kre-O
    • Mega Bloks

Mega bloks are just horrible to touch, they have a couple of decent colours but they feel wrong. I have real trouble just touching them.

Kreo are only slightly better.

Of all of the clone’s Oxford Blocks (South Korean) are the best. I picked up one of the their Military sets, a patrol boat. Nice feel to the brick, lighter but still crisp, and as they occupy a niche Lego don’t go near i've a little more time for them. But still..

Kre-O, though I've heard MegaBloks is catching up.

I don't have many "off brands" but I got a Jeep Willys from Cobi and am pretty impressed with the build quality. They also have a Scooby Doo series I've been considering. Lots of up-and-comers, especially in the military themes. I wish Toys r' Us here in the states would carry a broader selection of brands.

That's like choosing between your mum and your granny to give you a lapdance, either way it's just not right...

xD That's hilarious xD I'd have to go with Kreo. While I don't have any, they just look better than Mega-Bloks does.

I have 3 Kre-O sets (Optimus with trailer, Megatron, Starscream),..they make great vehicles and don't feel cheap or knock-off'ish in the slightest.

Haven't tried Mega-Blocks. With the exception of one kit that's a bi-pedal Mech (Halo),...none of them interest me and a lot of them look boring to me.

and the character/figures lack charm and distinction.

So,...Lego or Kre-O for me.

I have nothing bad to say about my Lego or Kre-O sets. (new Lego modular gets delivered tomorrow. Yay for Happy Plastic Day!)

Edited by Malikon

Mega bloks are just horrible to touch, they have a couple of decent colours but they feel wrong. I have real trouble just touching them.

Kreo are only slightly better.

Of all of the clone’s Oxford Blocks (South Korean) are the best. I picked up one of the their Military sets, a patrol boat. Nice feel to the brick, lighter but still crisp, and as they occupy a niche Lego don’t go near i've a little more time for them. But still..

Interesting, considering Oxford Blocks are the ones who make Kreo.

...sort of a contradiction happening there.

Kreon's are perfect for parts. The armor and helmets from the D&D line look great on minifigs. I like a lot of the hair pieces as well.

Straight up Megabloks, at least from the late 90's. While they're quality control is sh*t with the more than occasional nonuniform colors, lack of grip, and horrible looking figs, some of they're sets concepts were pretty nice. They mate well with LEGO. I have some of their skate sets, and they look pretty realistic and will always remain part of my city. Some of the structures are just much more fragilee. I've never own or seen Kre-O in person, but pics on the internet lead me to believe they are so much worse. :sick: Either way, I won't be spending any money on any of them. :classic:

* This opinion is based on City or City-like sets, not over available, past or present, themes

I like Kre-o, mainly because of their Star Trek sets. They were a bit hard to put together though. It's really the fact that Kre-O is getting licenses for good sets (CoD, Star Trek, etc...)

Mega Bloks primarily. Specifically Halo and WoW. Not a fan of CoD.

There are a couple Kre-O sets I want, mainly the USS Vengeance. I also have the basic Optimus Prime.

My take is Megabloks more or less has the best designs. Mostly marred by poor quality plastic and tooling.

KreO has far better quality parts and plastic. Their Kreons figs are interesting, but their overall set designs always feel lacking and very basic.

I vote for whichever one is taking the less shelf space (that could have went to Lego) in toy stores.

Kre-o it is.

Mega Bloks. I am involved with a Youtube Channel, TheSSMotion, where we review Mega Bloks, and collect both the Call of Duty and Halo lines! :classic: