Gideon

Nordana Castle

Finally I have a picture of my whole castle taken and edited, and I thought I should post it here also for those not frequenting the Guilds of Historica subforum or my local LUG forum :classic:

This is by far the largest build I've done and it was built as a part of the Swebrick medieval community build (presented here), but also as a standalone MOC intended it to fit into the Guilds of Historica setting.

I've tried to build it with a level of detail which can handle closeup views fairly well while still maintaining a clear and simple shape of the whole castle when viewed at a distance. Maybe it ended up having a bit too much 'big gray wall syndrome' for my taste, but I hope that the details make up for some of it.

C&C welcome!

More pictures of the four modules of the castle can be seen on my flickr or in these threads:

South Tower

Gatehouse

North Tower

Great Hall

The castle is also on display right now at Lego World in Copenhagen, until Sunday (February 16th), in it's intended setting in between about 70 additional 32x32 baseplates of medieval eye candy. Check it out if you are going to Lego World!

(On Saturday and Sunday I will also go there myself, see you there?).

12505088033_f8b9136ec1_c.jpg

12507647535_74db9e6d55_c.jpg

12443848545_0152e77e8f_c.jpg

12393147695_9201d809d2_c.jpg

12443877515_9105bfb867_c.jpg

12444196123_160788b62f_z.jpg

12330807015_1823ec8f81_z.jpg

Edited by Gideon

Gideon, you've definetely become one of my all time favourite builders!

A very high standard moc castle with lots of details. I have saved all the photos of this mocs.

Edited by songwm

One of those times you simply go "wow" out loud :wub: Incredible model and great pictures. About the whole grey wall thing - I don't think so, after all that is what castles are (usually) all about, and you're absolutely right - your incredible attention to detail more than makes up for it if there even was a problem to begin with :laugh: Wish I could see it in person at Lego World, well done!

This is so incredible and realistic, I almost thought I was looking at a photo of a castle! You present a very nice solution to the big grey wall syndrome. The tower and bridge section is very beautiful. Awesome job!

Edited by MassEditor

I think this is the most beautiful, and biggest castle MOC I've ever seen... It's almost exactly how I would build it, if I had the talent and huge amount of bricks you have! What are the dimensions of the MOC?

Thank you all of you for your encouragement! :classic:

It almost makes me not want to dismantle this build and build something else of the bricks. It would actually be possible to separate the left and right sides of the castle and insert two modules in the middle to make a more square castle, hmm... :wink:

What are the dimensions of the MOC?

Each module is 48x64 so the whole castle is 96x128 studs. I don't know exactly how high the towers are, maybe 50 cm or something like that.