Sign in to follow this  
Village80

Rattler Copter vs Fangpyre Wrecking Ball

If you were going to get one of these two awesome vehicles, which would it be? (price difference, minifigures etc not applicable, just the vehicles).

Rattlecopter. Lots of nifty-looking details, some nice and rare parts, such as the blade spinner add-ons in white (used as teeth), and a much more finished look than the Wrecking Ball. Plus, it's quite show-accurate. It's also very swooshable.

Fangpyre Wrecking Ball. I really regret choosing the Rattlecopter instead of that (more sturdy-looking) set because my Rattlecopter is always falling apart for some reason.

Before I got both sets last year, I would have said Fangpyre Wrecking Ball. But having both of them in front of me, I prefer the Rattlecopter. It's more unique and has awesome building techniques and functions, whereas the Fangpyre Wrecking Ball is literally just a crane with a snake head—its only functions are those a normal crane would have and an opening jaw.

I would suggest some sort of ridiculous combiner. Maybe you could use the cockpit of the Rattlecopter and use the original cockpit's parts to improve the wrecking ball portion?

The Rattlecopter for sure. Great minifigures, great playability, and I love the building techniques used, like the curves at the front.