Here is my Phase III Stables build for AoM.

I'd like to gain credit for the following UoP certifications: roofing [Architecture], wall techniques [Architecture] (for the log cabin), roof rakes [Architecture], and raising livestock [Agriculture and Zoology]= 4 credits

This was my first try using tilted walls (for the foundation of the tower), and I think they worked pretty well. This was also my first time building a log cabin using SNOT 1x1 round bricks. All three buildings have a full interior and all the doors/trapdoor function.

And I tried using a dark grey background rather than white in hopes of having the snow show up better. Any feedback on that?

Trained Great Wolves are in high demand and fortified stables have become common in Mitgardia.

Valdrfell Stables is a fortified stables located in the Clan Lands of Mitgardia. The fortress has a stable inside, and a corral just outside to train the great wolves in.

overview.JPG

left.jpg

back.JPG

right.JPG

top.JPG

riders2.JPG

path.JPG

courtyard.JPG

stable.JPG

cabin.JPG

More pictures can be found here: link

All C&C welcome :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Now that is a Mitgardian castle! I really like how you have enhanced your normal grey sk type castle with this wooden section. It's absolutely outstanding!

Great interiors and that log house technique is amazing!

Thanks, I've seen several people use that log technique for an interior scene, but I've never seen a full cabin built that way :classic:

Now that is a Mitgardian castle! I really like how you have enhanced your normal grey sk type castle with this wooden section. It's absolutely outstanding!

Thanks kabel :sweet: The idea behind the build was a fortified manor type castle, so not quite as fortified and a lot smaller.

The idea behind the build was a fortified manor type castle, so not quite as fortified and a lot smaller.

Which is exactly what I would call archtypcial Mitgardian!

Why are you so good at making MOCs? This looks amazing! I still love the idea of using the Wargs as cavalry. And the snow is very realistic. I also like that you made one of the Wargs like the "new" horses, standing on his rear legs.

Which is exactly what I would call archtypcial Mitgardian!

I agree :thumbup:

Why are you so good at making MOCs? This looks amazing! I still love the idea of using the Wargs as cavalry. And the snow is very realistic. I also like that you made one of the Wargs like the "new" horses, standing on his rear legs.

Years of practice and taking good advice from experienced builders :wink: I'm glad you noticed the rearing Warg, I wish they had moveable rear legs like the horses, but this worked alright :classic:

Great job, those icy roofs are superb! That slope at the bottom of the tower is really nice too! :thumbup:

+1 for all credits!

Excellent texturing Issac.... I really like the log house.... Great one! :wink:

Thanks Gunman, the trickiest part about the loghouse was doing the windows (as they're studs up amidst all the SNOT).

Great job, those icy roofs are superb! That slope at the bottom of the tower is really nice too! :thumbup:

+1 for all credits!

Thanks Kai, the slope was a bit of a pain to build, but I really like how solid it makes the tower look :classic:

Love the log cabins! They're amazing. Great build! I agree about the Wargs as cavalry, excellent!

Thanks LV :classic:

Yeah, there's no part of this I don't love. The detail is great, the posing is excellent (the first thing I noticed was that the guy on the rearing warg is screwed), landscape as always looks real and alive. The only thing I might say is you could leave off the picture of the back b/c there's not much going on there, but even then the texture of the tower wall is so good I could just look at it infinitely.

Yeah, there's no part of this I don't love. The detail is great, the posing is excellent (the first thing I noticed was that the guy on the rearing warg is screwed), landscape as always looks real and alive. The only thing I might say is you could leave off the picture of the back b/c there's not much going on there, but even then the texture of the tower wall is so good I could just look at it infinitely.

Thank you, I like to show pictures of all sides of my builds (usually anyways), to show that they're complete (not one or two sided).

Thank you, I like to show pictures of all sides of my builds (usually anyways), to show that they're complete (not one or two sided).

Ohhh, nice. Good thinking!

This is fantastic Isaac, the castle wall is lovely! I also like the interiors, the angles you achieved are fantastic! :D

UoP DoH +1 for all credits.

it looks amazing, i love the walls

Thank you, I'm going to use this texturing style quite a bit more :classic:

This is fantastic Isaac, the castle wall is lovely! I also like the interiors, the angles you achieved are fantastic! :D

Thanks Matthew, I assume you're referring to the tilted walls on the tower when you say 'angles'? They're pretty simple, just normal 1 thick walls tilted by using hinges at the bottom. The only trick is getting the corners to work, which the tall slopes I used work perfectly for, and blending the tilted sections into the normal walls which I did by using cheese slopes on the tilted sections and inverted slopes in the normal wall. I may take a few pictures to show how I did it :classic:

Great work on this build! I like the tilted walls on the tower a lot, I have to try this out one time. The log cabin also works great.

Brick on!

Great work on this build! I like the tilted walls on the tower a lot, I have to try this out one time. The log cabin also works great.

Brick on!

Thanks Simon!

Wow SK! Great work on this one! I like the angle on the stables! And as I´ve said on the other phases, great idea with the wolfs!!

ohhhh yes! photography is sooo much better on this one than you others, also, wow

new favorite soccerkid moc! :grin:

A worthy phase III build! I like it all from the general layout with the rotated building to the small details, especially the sloping base of the tower and the log walls.

Definitely one of your best MOCs :classic:

UoP +1 for your claims.