Sign in to follow this  
NTH7

[HELP] Buggy Motor Stalling

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong category but this is my first post. I am having a problem with a buggy motor i have recently purchased. I have made a drift car with it and have noticed that after a few minutes the power suddenly drops and the motor doesn't run as fast. I have tested it with another model with tires and it is even worse. The motor just stalls and jolts forwards ever few seconds. I noticed that when the motor is stalling i can hear a small high pitched noise from the receiver. I am using the rechargeable battery pack (8878) with the v2 receiver and a buggy motor. I have tested it with other batteries and the older versions of receivers but it just seems worse. The model runs fine when i lift it off the ground but when i put it on the ground it just stalls again. The chassis is very light so i'm sure its not a weight issue. I have seen this problem with other peoples creations when they are using 2 buggy motors on one receiver. But the solution to that is the set up i have in my car. Hope you can help me cause it is my first buggy motor and it is great fun when it is working.

Hi

What is the wheel size, what is the gear reduction and which output you use?

For drift you should use small size wheels about 43 mm. Using larger wheels and gearing up will stress the motor. High pitched noise is enablng overload protection.

The problem you have is most likely the overheat protection of the rechargeable battery because the rc motor draws too much current. I often have this problem and when the protection kicks in, it stays until you recharge your battery. I solve this problem by having a gear ratio (down gear) that doesn't stess the rc motor too much while driving so that the protection doesn't kick in.

I hope you find this helpfull.

Thanks for the quick reply! Im using the 43mm rims and i haven't geared it up or down. When i tested it with tires i used the same rims but with the thin road tires that come with the rims.