Sign in to follow this  
HomerJSimpson

Do you like the sea cow?

Do you like the sea cow?

Another quick question, will you be making custom robo pirates using the robo swat heads, or will metal beard be sailing solo..........???

-N

Edited by HomerJSimpson

Need to wait until it has actually been properly revealed to even give a first impression, mate.

I know, I just wanted to get this topic up before EVERYBODY puts something up about the sea cow. It will be for sale in 3 days, and may get revealed before.

you should check out the pirates forum under the 2014 pirate sets thread. There is much talk about that set. Most people don't seem to like it for the pirates theme, but other than that, it looks like it would be good for parts for ship making, I am definitely getting it ;)

Yeah, I think a topic this early is jumping the gun. When the official reveal happens it will get its own topic, and until then nobody's opinion can really be definitive.

For my part, I think it looks like it'll be a great set, but I'm thinking it'd be better to let my little brother get it (since I plan to get Metalbeard from Metalbeard's Duel and Benny from his Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!, and already have Vitruvius from Lord Business' Evil Lair). He's also better about reviews than I am.

you should check out the pirates forum under the 2014 pirate sets thread. There is much talk about that set. Most people don't seem to like it for the pirates theme, but other than that, it looks like it would be good for parts for ship making, I am definitely getting it ;)

Yeah, I got the idea for this topic from there. I just wanted one where ANYBODY, pirate fan or not, can discuss wether they like it or not. Because chances are, if you don't get a lot of non city stuff, you're not gonna be in the pirates forum a lot.

I'm really fond of the set especially since I saw the movie. But It's too expensive for me and I don't think i can buy it. It's an awesome steampunky ship with a crazy captain and all the main characters, oh man :wub: :wub: :wub:

Based on what we've seen so far, I love it, even if the model in the set is significantly scaled down from its screen counterpart (as it has to be in order to be remotely feasible). I don't know whether I'll be able to get it - almost invariably, I miss out on at least the largest sets in themes I'm interested in, simply because I can't afford everything - but I'd love to get it if I can.

I plan to get it next month for my birthday. It looks really good IMHO. My only concern is that Metalbeards may be too small when compared to other characters.

I know, I just wanted to get this topic up before EVERYBODY puts something up about the sea cow. It will be for sale in 3 days, and may get revealed before.

In 3 days??? Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

Is Benny's spaceship being released in 3 days too??

In 3 days??? Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

Is Benny's spaceship being released in 3 days too??

No. The Sea Cow goes up for sale on the 17th for VIP members, while the Spaceship, Dropship, and Mech are scheduled for August.

The moment I saw it I knew my Lotr collection would never be complete as I cant realistically get both and this ship is the most ridiculously awesome set... Plus queasy kitty!

No. The Sea Cow goes up for sale on the 17th for VIP members, while the Spaceship, Dropship, and Mech are scheduled for August.

Yeah, but you can go to the lego store, sign up as a VIP, and buy it that day. I heard that from somebody who bought the simpsons house and signed up as a VIP that day, I forgot who though.

Gotcha. Thanks.

The sea cow was just revealed! Go check it out, then write what you think of it here! I love it, and I will probably be replacing mini-beard with full size metal beard, as I just got 70807 yesterday.

I love it, but I just don't have the space for it. I may cave in and buy it one of these days, but for now I am holding off.

Very nice, however I will not be getting it because...

1. Expense

2. Too large

3. Not a theme I collect long term

Andt D

Metalbeard's Duel was the second lego movie set I bought as I loved the character in the movie when I saw it. I knew they were bringing out the Sea Cow but initially I wasn't convinced it was for me. I watched a couple of reviews on youtube which persuaded me to have another look at the model, and I saw that a shop I drive past on my way home from work was getting them in stock so I decided to go have a look at it, and ended up buying one. I've got quite a few lego movie related sets now, and the sea cow is the centre piece. :)

The kit took me two evenings to build and was good fun to put together although a bit fragile. I love the completely mad design and all the intricate details, although I would say it's not particularly play friendly in my opinion as there are so many fragile parts that could get broken off. I might let my 7 year old nephew loose on it when he's down to visit in a couple of weeks, what's the worst that could happen, he'll break it and I'll have to put it back together. :) I have it set up with MiniBeard sitting in his armchair at the controls, sword in hand, and the rest of the figures plus the two micromanagers and the double decker couch, along with the full size Metalbeard, standing next to the ship. I think that makes it look better than having the figures on the ship, as having MiniBeard onboard, and full size MetalBeard next to the minifigs for a sense of scale, gives the impression that the ship should be a lot bigger. If only I had the time and money (and space!!) to build a full size screen-accurate version... :)

-Steve