Sign in to follow this  
Lord Mcgregor

Hi guys, I'm new need some advice :)

Hi everyone. My name's Zack and I'm new here, this is my first proper post, so I'm not sure if its in the right bit or not, so if I've posted this in the wrong place could someone move it/correct me, thanks in advance.

I've always liked lego but just recently (past month or two), I've got right into it again. I've always got a figure here or there if there's one I like, but in the past two months (less than two), I've taken my like into a new level; I mean, I'm creating a Army rather than just a figure or two. I know what soldiers I want, Red coats, but I have a different problem.. since looking on this site I've been wanting to build a ship of some sort, but I need instructions on a basic ship, If that makes sence? Once I have a basic ship/model I'll be fine. I mean, I dont know what type of bricks I'll need and such stuff. I've a idea of colour, but it's just the actuall ship its self. I have bought some hulls (prefab I believe) for my first ship but just need some help, or a guide/walkthrough on actually building and the bricks needed. Any help would be appreicated very much.

Again I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong part or whatever.

Cheers, Zack

P.S. I'd put photos of my army so far, but I don't know how to, lol.

Hi,

welcome in the forum. I am myself not a very good Mocer, therefore I can´t help you with your problem 1. But I would like to see your army.

You must deeplink your pictures. There is a little help somewhere in this forum, where you can learn how to do that with Flickr. There you can read that you have to upload the Pics on Flickr. Than you have to copy the location of the pic.

Than you have to click on the icon called "image" here. It is the little icon with the tree. There you have to paste the copied location. Press enter and the pic is here pirate_satisfied.gif . I hope you understand my terrible english pir_laugh2.gif .

Hello there,

I'd recommend the window pieces from Honeydukes in the Shrieking Shack set or the Quality Quidditch Supplies for the cabin windows at the back.

Also, Doug Vandegrift has made a few good ships on Youtube if you need inspiration.

-Godtshep (Go-shep)

Hi McGregor,

On brickset.com you can find instructions of most pirateships. Why not have a look through those and see if you can pick up some techniques?

You're right, that's exactly what I'm looking for, thank you. Yeah I will check that out when I get enough time, possibly later on today, I'm not sure. I'm waiting for another item for my army before i present it, just to make it look that little bit better :)

Looking at the ship building guide, some of it confuses me but I think it's cause I've never really built anything that conplicated or impressive. Looking at other members ships' gives me inspiration but it still confuses me lol. But I suppose we all have to start somewhere, huh, if only ships could be square =/ Anyother advice I would really appreicate :)

Zack

If you want the instructions for the basic lego ships to start out with, then definitely search brickset.com

If you search for either the name of the set or the number of the set then on the set's page below the image will be a button for instructions. This will make links appear for the pdf files of the booklets. Note some ships instructions are split over two booklets.