PeterPNL

LDD MOC - train shed

A train shed MOC for my Emerald Night train. She is a tight fit. The baseplate is 48 x 48 , so the shed is 3 straight rails long. At the moment I don't have enough plastic to build it, but when I have I will post a photo. In the meanwile I would like to see your comments and suggestions.

See my page on MOCpages for more images http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/381009

1392151265m_DISPLAY.jpg

Edited by PeterPNL

I like it, Basic but looks good.

Nice linear work! :thumbup:

It would be more interesting if the outside had more texture. I like the detail at the top of the roof and around the windows - try to carry that interest around the entire building maybe? Great MOC mock-up though.

Thanks for posting the LXF. How about using this for the walls?

4656783.jpg

4656783: Profile Brick 1X2 Single Gro.

Edited by brickitect

I would like to use them, but cant find them in LDD

If you use Digital Designer "extended" version (black tab at the initial LDD screen), the "Profile Brick 1X2 Single Gro." will be in the first category (bricks), about the sixth entry in. Alternatively, you can search for it in the "extended" version by its name. I've observed this in LDD 4.3.8

Thank you. It works and the shed looks a lot better now. But the extended version is still tricky with all the non existing colors.

PeterPNL,

First of all thank-you for your lxf files. I've gathered every part and am waiting to finish some home improvement projects. ( This helps keep the wife happy ) :sweet:

I'm adding this to my train layout, which I'm getting ready for the Brickworld Indy show in March of 2015. I have only two diesels, but they can take turns getting their maintenance and then back to pulling coaches or stock freight.

The Gray base plate in my pictures of my '9 Volt Train Layout' ( in my Bricksafe gallery ) shows where this will be located, I'll post pictures when I have completed this great looking single engine train shed. :wink::thumbup: :thumbup:

Hello All Builders,

Here is an update on the progress of this beautiful train engine shed, I'm taking my time to enjoy the build.................

640x853.jpg

My building tray won't let any piece hit the floor.........

640x853.jpg

Here is where the Engine Shed will live its' life in my layout.

I'll post more pictures as I progress, also thanks to.............. PeterPNL...........for such a great simple design.

Yes, this is a little different from the original design, but I needed the machine shop to be "turned around" and located on the opposite wall for my layout.

Edited by ritztoys

Looking forward to seeing the real deal! Nice job PeterPNL, are there any studs to secure the roof to the walls? I'm just wondering if the weight of the roof might cause stability issues otherwise.