See the previous tales:

Wyndor's Saga Chapter 1

Part 1: A Tragic Beginning

Part 2: A Rude Awakening

Part 3 Intro: An Evil Plot

Part 3: A Timely Friend

Part 4: For Whom the Bells Toll

Part 5: Small Help

After many days Natolyth and Wyndor made it to Kaliphlin. Each night as they camped or stopped at a local inn Natolyth would practice his magic. He was careful never to push his limits so far as to pass out again and each day he grew stronger. They made their way across the border of Nocturnus into Kaliphlin. It took some time for them to adjust to the Kaliphlin way of life. While everyone they passed seemed comfortable, Wyndor and Natolyth were sweating buckets. They learned to travel earlier in the morning and later into the night and to take a nap in the afternoons when the sun beat hottest. They passed through the Sultan’s Gate and noticed a flurry of activity. They continued on to Qarkur and then to Ras-el-akhen where they saw many ships being constructed. They then followed the coast to Messahmuk.

“It will be nice to stay in a city again instead of camping in the sand” Natolyth said.

“Aye, straw will be a welcome change” replied Wyndor.

“These rumors of a Mitgardian championing the fighting pits, how true do you think they are?” Asked Natolyth.

I guess we’ll find out when we get there.” Replied Wyndor. “But this time I want to go prepared. I don’t want to walk in on a crazy sorceress again, at least not without knowing it first!”

12463238695_1e6b68bea0_c.jpg

They made some inquiries around town and found a pleasant inn to spend the night at. In the morning they sought out the map maker they had heard made his home in Messahmuk. They made their way to the market quarter of the city and there they met Gex.

“Excuse me, are you Gex?” Asked Wyndor.

12463230925_6ae0b40e72.jpg

“I can tell you are not from around here stranger. Your manners are appalling. It is more polite to be invited into someone’s home instead of shouting their name across the square for everyone to hear. Now, let’s get off the street and we can speak more comfortable” Replied the man.

12463373953_b1353dfae0.jpg

“Alright, now that we are somewhere more private, I believe I can help you. I indeed am Gex and I have already heard you have been looking for me.” Said Gex.

“Your ears must be large indeed to hear things from such long distances.” Said Natolyth.

“There are those manners again. If you weren’t from Mitgardia I’m not sure I would even grace you with a drop of water on a hot day” said Gex indignantly.

“How did you know we are from Mitgardia?” Asked Natolyth.

12463161175_7b5edb4d3d.jpg

“For two reasons, first, I have many friends in this city. You talked, they listened. They talked, I listened. Second, Mitgardians have gained a reputation here thanks to Chalin the Champion.”

Both Wyndor and Natolyth looked at him in shock. “Who did you say?!?” They both asked at once.

“Yes, Chalin has become quite the name here. It’s not uncommon for champions of the fighting pits to become famous here in Messahmuk, but Chalin has a little something extra in the way he charms the hearts of the people with his fighting.” Gex continued.

“No, you don’t seem to understand Gex! Chalin is our brother. The one we came to Kaliphlin to find!” Shouted Wyndor. “You mean to tell me that he’s not lost, but famous?”

“Well, that is an interesting turn of events,” mused Gex. “That is something my ‘giant’ ears have not heard. I wish you best of luck in reuniting with your brother. Now, the fighting pits are easy to find for a native Kaliphlin, but for you foreigners, you’ll probably need a map.”

12463666414_222ac75cdd.jpg

“Yes, that is why we sought you out in the first place.” Answered Wyndor.

“Well, I never disappoint a person interested in obtaining the finest in cartography.” Boasted Gex.

With map in hand Wyndor and Natolyth left Messahmuk and headed West towards the lonely Mount Erezhi. Their map showed them the fighting pits weren’t too far from Messahmuk, but required navigating some treacherous dunes.

12463056705_55b9c30032.jpg

12463182975_2a85cd5bba.jpg

“It looks like this map is going to be very helpful” stated Natolyth.

“Yes,” answered Wyndor. “It was very nice of Gex to be so helpful. This adventure sure has resulted in the strangest of friends for me.”

On their way out of town they passed a local Dwarf selling gems he mined, a not-so-local half-vampire hiding in the shadows, selling pumpkins from Nocturnus, and a few other vendors.

12463526284_740e06436d.jpg

12462980735_cc58fa1a7a.jpg

12463484014_e99e464a0e.jpg

12463074693_e497e17a35.jpg

12463066193_e4425489d4.jpg12463085393_20a3abb9e8.jpg

---

OoC: Huge credit goes to Gabe for his work on Berigoria. I had the pictures of his harbor up the entire time I was building this. The credit for the idea of the stilted building in this context goes to Orson Scott Card's book After Earth. Special thanks to NiceMarmot for the use of his character and to all Kaliphlins for their hospitality towards rude, ignorant Mitgardians! However, that doesn't mean we won't crush your pirates or beat of your navy with our own, superior one!

THE PARROT! I love that parrot. Sitting on a whole stock of 'em from my pirate-building days, but haven't integrated into Mitgardia yet.

Also the rest of the stuff is good too, but seriously. Parrot.

Wow! This is great! You captured the essence of a Kaliphlin street exactly how I imagine one to look! Great work! Love the color schemes! Great story too. :wink::thumbup:

Thanks all! I worked for a really long time on this build and I'm glad you all like it :classic:

"Enchanted pumpkins. 20 drakes a bushel. They're so good, they'll leave you speechless.*

*technically headless."

Great build. I love all the details, and the story is brilliant.

Wow, this is really great MK! Such a nice build and such a great story and your progress from one moc to the next is simply amazing. But they, that's the magic of GoH it seems, hard to explain to others who have not experienced it themselves!

Oh btw, my favourite part has got to be how you included all those Kaliphlin characters in your build, really nice! And I definetely got a good laugh out of you mentioning the ship building activities in Kaliphlin!

Great work, the style of the buildings really fits Kaliphlin! Your MOCs are getting better and better, keep it up!

"Enchanted pumpkins. 20 drakes a bushel. They're so good, they'll leave you speechless.*

*technically headless."

Great build. I love all the details, and the story is brilliant.

Large Ogre; "Hmmm, sounds tasty."

Thank you Vlad, kabel,and Kai! I must say, building in GoH is addictive. I'm glad it's also improved my building abilities :grin:

*technically headless."

Are there some with heads?

To clarify, I simply meant the pumpkins will probably eat your head. Rendering you speechless (as you'll be lacking the some of the vitally necessary organs) but technically headless.

The peg leg for the staff made me laugh but it's a really good idea, definitely my favorite detail in an excellently detailed MOC.

Sweet scene, the architecture is great, and I love the feel of a busy city! The story is great as well! :thumbup:

To clarify, I simply meant the pumpkins will probably eat your head. Rendering you speechless (as you'll be lacking the some of the vitally necessary organs) but technically headless.

Ok, I get it now. Sorry you had to explain that joke. It's no fun to have to explain your punch line!

The peg leg for the staff made me laugh but it's a really good idea, definitely my favorite detail in an excellently detailed MOC.

Thanks! I have a random left-leg-only leg assembly floating around in my collection right now. Oh well, that's price you pay to get the right look!

Sweet scene, the architecture is great, and I love the feel of a busy city! The story is great as well! :thumbup:

Thanks! This story has really taken on a life of it's own. Each time I can't wait to keep it going to see what my characters are going to do next :sweet:

Excellent color schemes for Kaliphlin buildings :thumbup: Your window designs look good too. It's always fun seeing numerous people's characters in a single build :classic:

This has been an excellent series so far, your builds are all technically very interesting with inventive parts use. This is by far my favourite as it is much richer in content and ambition than the other builds. Kaliphlin always seems to bring out the best in builders from other guilds (dG, CBB, ZC, I'm thinking of you!) I especially appreciate the red roof, the dark tan/light bley facade, the staircase, colour use, the sense of vitality from minifig posing, and of course the parrot! Great stuff.

:classic:

Wonderful story and MOC! So much detail and eye candy, very nice! Very ingenious idea with the scroll maps, too!

Great story, great build! I love how you made the scroll pieces, very clever, and looks really good. I may have to steal that idea if you don't mind... :laugh:

Thank you every one! I'm really glad all the Kaliphlins are giving their approval :grin: As for the maps, MassEditor and HammerHand, it's not actually my invention. I saw it in a few other GoH builds and borrowed it. So please, go right ahead and borrow from the borrower :tongue:

This must be the best moc from you yet I think. I really like the color combination... Grats man

Great story, great build! I love how you made the scroll pieces, very clever, and looks really good. I may have to steal that idea if you don't mind... :laugh:

That's a good question... how DID you make the scroll pieces? What are the roll things on the end?

Well, all of them use a 4l bar through the middle of a round brick. The ones on the table are the regular round 1x1 bricks and the ones in the box are the tapered nose-cone 1x1 round bricks.

Nice build, I like all of the Kaliphlinian bustle :classic:

Good work with the colors too, the floor is a little plain, but all the figs make up for it :wink:

Very nice depiction of a part of Kaliphlin, the grey works very well when combined with the other distinctly Kaliphlin elements.

I agree with robuko, it looks like many builders who try their hands on Kaliphlin produce some of their best MOCs here! A shame that people don't realize that until they already have chosen other guilds :wink: