Sign in to follow this  
mrfootball

Lego Hobbit Video Game Exclusive Minifigure Announced

I love it..... why? Because I would never get it at retail so if it would be important for me Id have to pay secondary prices..... Thankfully its a lame figure of another Bilbo.... now i can pass on it without worrying that I am missing anything lol

What an odd choice. I guess the printing looks nice, especially the arm printing, but it's definitely not a must have. I agree, an old Bilbo would of been much more appealing. Just give him hobbit hair in gray and a new print and you have him!

This is a neat idea for a minifig, but it should have come with unexpected gathering, not as the video game exclusive, imo.

Marvel came with Iron Patriot, and LoTR with Elrond... "side" characters that someone might like to have instead of reprints of main characters.

Then the completest in me thinks - I suppose it'll still be cheaper to just preorder the game than to wait for a good sale and ebay the fig hehe.

This variation of Bilbo is great, I'm loving his arm printing although I'd've much preferred a different character we have yet to see in lego form :classic:

As others have said, this is good for me as won't have to agonise buying a game I can't play as Lego don't put exclusive figures with the PC version anymore and I don't have a console. Thankfully this is just another seen for 5 seconds Bilbo figure which would be nil use to me as he doesn't do anything remotely important in that costume! Hopefully if they do a figure for the Blu ray of DOS it will be bit more inspired and less boring. I'd like to say it will be something exciting like Sauron silhouetted in Armour but it might just turn out to be another Bilbo in lake town armour or legolas in his DOS casual gear.

If he's got arm printing, that's going to mean Chinese plastic right? I quite like the fig, but I doubt I'll fork out for a game I'll never use just to have him.

Would someone explain to me about arm printing making the arms a different plastic? Ive heard this referenced before without explanation. Thanks!

Would someone explain to me about arm printing making the arms a different plastic? Ive heard this referenced before without explanation. Thanks!

SO far i think every figure whose had arm printing has been chinese. wich makes it seem like they only have that particular equiptment to print arms in china.

and chinese made figures use a plastic that is different. they are alot more translucent than standard made lego figures

Edited by deskp

I actually like it, this is exactly what a promo figure should be. It's a figure that wouldn't really be possible to put in any other set, it has nice printing, and it also fits in with the Bag-End set. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that there is no leg printing. The robe doesn't really look right without it. have we ever had printing on the short legs before

Does anyone know that how Gamestop deals with returns? If I preorder this game to get the figure, would they let me return the sealed game? Would they make me return the figure as well? I don't really play console games, and my kids are too young for it.

Edited by naf

I love it..... why? Because I would never get it at retail so if it would be important for me Id have to pay secondary prices..... Thankfully its a lame figure of another Bilbo.... now i can pass on it without worrying that I am missing anything lol

I am relieved as well. While the figure looks interesting, it is not something that I must have. I already have the two normal versions of Bilbo and that is well enough. Thank goodness that it was not something like Thror, Thrain, or Sauron only appearing in this promotion and nowhere else.

I might get it. But like some of the others, I don't do console games. But it is a good enough figure and if I ever want to do a Hitchhiker's Guide Arthur Dent, I will need the torso. The likelihood is small but has not stopped me before.

I wonder if my brother in law will go halvies with me just so I can get the figure.

Awesome! Not what I would have hoped for, but nevertheless it's a great figure. Definitely going to pre this one.

I will play this like I did LOTR Lego video game. Never know if we may seem some previews of new molds or figs for wave 3. I wouldn't preorder the game just for a bilbo variant, not that exciting. I would have preferred a new character we may not ever see.

Ditto.

What a lazy choice. Why not galadriel, old Bilbo from LOTR... :wacko: :wacko:

I actually like it quite a bit. It's a pretty good looking minifig, I like the arm printing. Of course Dain, Old Bilbo, etc. would have been better, but I still think this one looks nice.

The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that there is no leg printing. The robe doesn't really look right without it. have we ever had printing on the short legs before

Does anyone know that how Gamestop deals with returns? If I preorder this game to get the figure, would they let me return the sealed game? Would they make me return the figure as well? I don't really play console games, and my kids are too young for it.

I agree, without leg printing it doesn't really look like a robe. It looks more like a longed sleeve sweater vest or something. I don't think Lego has done printing on the short legs before, but I know with the Simpsons figures like Bart they have started doing two mold colors on the smaller legs. I don't think that would really work here because then you would have some orange on the legs but still be missing the different colored patches.

Personally I have mixed feelings on this figure. He looks nice, but he's really not an important version. If I wasn't a completionist I would probably pass on getting him. I would of liked to have seen a new character like everyone else. At the same time though, I think this will make him much cheaper to obtain on the secondary market which is always nice.

They could've made a better choice for the exclusive figure, but hey, it's far better than nothing. It's a nice figure, actually.

I recall myself thinking of something like this not too long ago, wishing there could've been this variation of Bilbo as well. (But seeing the impossibility of it given the fact that we already have Bag End...)

But then, this showed up on my screen today. Would've preferred an orc or pretty much anything else, though, but this is nice as well. Maybe they will do a visual dictionary one day, giving us yet another exclusive figure...

Gonna have to get this figure way or another.