Sir Brickalot

Future The LEGO Movie Sets - Wishlist

My dream is for Benny to get his own TV series so Lego will release a whole line of neo-classic space sets.

And call it, "Benny and The Jets"!

...or something like that.

Yes I would like to see the transport ship.

I would like to see the Batwing/Bat transport vehicle as a set. Sort of like the Ice Cream truck, Garbage Truck, and castle movie sets that have 2-n-1 models.

I would purchase that tanker in a heartbeat. I would also buy that Batwing/Mobile combo as well. (If physical models of these things exist then why, WHY can't we have them! Or at least their LXF files!)

I'd like to see this:

OMG no waaaayyyy! Thats the Octanship I want so badly. I must build it. I simply must. There is no question. With the hyperdrive.

Even better if they made it into a set. Please Lego. Where did that image come from? How true is it to the movie version? (Hyperventilating intensifies, passes out shortly after writing this post, at work)

OMG no waaaayyyy! Thats the Octanship I want so badly. I must build it. I simply must. There is no question. With the hyperdrive.

Even better if they made it into a set. Please Lego. Where did that image come from? How true is it to the movie version? (Hyperventilating intensifies, passes out shortly after writing this post, at work)

It's form the video game, which from my experience has been more accurate than the sets on certain things, and seems to be more or less completely accurate to the movie. The pictures is from the unlockable instruction build (which shows most of the parts and how they're used when looking at it frame-by-frame), I'd link to a video of the build but I have yet to find a good one.

It's form the video game, which from my experience has been more accurate than the sets on certain things, and seems to be more or less completely accurate to the movie. The pictures is from the unlockable instruction build (which shows most of the parts and how they're used when looking at it frame-by-frame), I'd link to a video of the build but I have yet to find a good one.

Thank you greatly for the information. I will be on the lookout for these instructions if noone posts them. I must build like 20 of these. And when the movie comes out I'll study if it can be improved upon.

Sorry, my mistake, it's part of a level and no an unlockable build, which explains why I hadn't found a good video. You can find the build here:

A thought:

The movie's popularity WILL die down between now and the DVD release, and again between then and the sequel. TLG can't turn out TLM sets forever, because there's a limited pool of things from the movie to be made, and because kids' interests will lie elsewhere.

Having said that, what if TLG kept the characters going in other lines? Batman will continue to appear in Super Hero sets. I think the City theme is due for more construction stuff, so what if future Emmet minifigures were included there? What if Wyldstyle was added to the Agents line? What if future Space sets found a way to work in Benny? (Alternatively, Benny could be included in a nostalgia space set.) How about some Creator sets with Unikitty? Lastly, what if TLG started including more alternate build ideas on either the back of the box or in the instructions? The spirit of TLM can live on even if the line ends.

A thought:

The movie's popularity WILL die down between now and the DVD release, and again between then and the sequel. TLG can't turn out TLM sets forever, because there's a limited pool of things from the movie to be made, and because kids' interests will lie elsewhere.

Having said that, what if TLG kept the characters going in other lines? Batman will continue to appear in Super Hero sets. I think the City theme is due for more construction stuff, so what if future Emmet minifigures were included there? What if Wyldstyle was added to the Agents line? What if future Space sets found a way to work in Benny? (Alternatively, Benny could be included in a nostalgia space set.) How about some Creator sets with Unikitty? Lastly, what if TLG started including more alternate build ideas on either the back of the box or in the instructions? The spirit of TLM can live on even if the line ends.

Even if the movie's popularity dies down (and I haven't seen anyone claim it will maintain the current level of hype forever), there still could be enough interest to sell at least a few more sets. The popularity of the existing and upcoming sets will surely last for a good year (just like it does with movies like The Avengers or The Hobbit), and if it lasts longer then another small wave of sets may be feasible. After all, even without a movie, the series is no less appealing than many of Lego's non-licensed themes. In fact, some sets, including all of the 2-in-1 sets, were barely featured in the movie and only feature extremely minor characters, so their sales are driven a great deal by their own awesomeness more than their brand tie-in.

However, your idea to feature characters in other themes is a good one, too. Some sets, like the Sea Cow or Benny's Spaceship, could be used to test the water for, say, a Pirates or Steampunk theme or even a Classic Space-inspired theme, and even before the movie came out I was hoping for Uni-Kitty to get spun off into her own theme. :wub: And Batman's vehicles from the movie would be a godsend even if they were released under the Super Heroes license instead of the Lego Movie brand name.

Perhaps it wouldn't be good to feature the main characters in other themes, though—if the next movie in the series focuses largely on the same cast, you wouldn't want characters like Emmet or Wyldstyle to oversaturate the market, nor would Lego want to use up ideas better saved for the inevitable Lego Movie 2 sets.

Sorry, my mistake, it's part of a level and no an unlockable build, which explains why I hadn't found a good video. You can find the build here:

Very nice, I'm gonna get started on deciphering the pieces but a lot of sections look ambiguous and really sped through. And I'm also a total novice. Regardless TheNerdyOne, you have my supreme gratitude, My Octan Corporation thanks you too should I succeed. I'll be sure to post pictures if it develops well.

Having said that, what if TLG kept the characters going in other lines? I think the City theme is due for more construction stuff, so what if future Emmet minifigures were included there? What if Wyldstyle was added to the Agents line? What if future Space sets found a way to work in Benny? (Alternatively, Benny could be included in a nostalgia space set.) How about some Creator sets with Unikitty? Lastly, what if TLG started including more alternate build ideas on either the back of the box or in the instructions? The spirit of TLM can live on even if the line ends.

I've always wished to see the Undercover protagonists participate in physical Lego City sets, and I believe it does work. But for the TLM, the story locates in Bricksburg (I didn't notice at first), so Emmet and his neighbors might just stay there and won't move to Lego City or Heartlake City. With the lack of backstory, it's kind difficult to randomly put characters in other themes. It's not what TLC would like to do, and it's unfair to other characters from discontinued themes.

The exceptions might be Western Town where the protagonists actually visited, and as you said, Benny and Metalbeard can "return" to their origins.

For the continuation of TLM, since it's already given a "movie" title, we shouldn't be surprised that it's like many other licenses which are only apt to certain non-series movies, unless it can be as strong as Star Wars. Since a sequel is announced, I do think we can have some special sets between these years, but they won't be too many and maybe only target at AFOLs.

Another chance is that if we consider that all Lego movies have connections, Emmet and friends can also have some participation in the Ninjago movie.

Edited by Dorayaki

Batmobile/Batplane 2-in-1: Includes Emmet (smiling/scared variant), Wyldstyle, Vitrivus, and Batman.

Attack on Cloud Cuckoo Land: Includes Emmet (brave/screaming variant), Wyldstyle, Vitrivus, Green Lantern, Benny, Superman, Scared Unikitty, and 2 Robo S.W.A.Ts. Actual building is a very small section of The Dog, and Golf Ball which could be recreated with a giant white boulder piece.

Escape From Bricksburg: Includes Emmet (brave/screaming variant), Wyldstyle, and 2 Robo S.W.A.Ts. Actual building includes 2 of the little Robo S.W.A.T motorcycles, Wyldstyle's grapple gun, and a big streetlight thing.

Octan Delivery Ship: Includes Benny, Batman, Wyldstyle disguised as a robot, and 1 Robo S.W.A.T.

Add me to the list of people who want that submarine. It showcases everything thats awesome about LEGO in one convenient (although likely expensive) package.

Add me to the list of people who want that submarine. It showcases everything thats awesome about LEGO in one convenient (although likely expensive) package.

Expensive is right, but most likely not anywhere near the behemoth price of the Sea Cow. It is absurd, but worth it. I made a review if you want to see the beast, its in the Pirates Forum ;)

And call it, "Benny and The Jets"!

...or something like that.

Wonderful :laugh:

Having The Lego Movie minifigs make cameos in other sets sounds great! Maybe not Emmet and Wyldstyle as much, though. I have enough spare Emmets clogging my vacuum cleaner already. They're everywhere. I swear my kids strategically place these things on the floor for me to step on when I get out of bed in the morning. Ouch!

Also, it would be good to see Lego going back to printing photos of alternate builds on the back of the box. I think it emphasizes the versatility or the sets, and reinforces the idea that the only limit to what to build is one's imagination (and the number of bricks in the set).

Lastly, using Metalbeard and Benny as springboards for steampunk and Classic Space themes is a capital idea! Perhaps demand for The Sea Cow, and people going rabid with anticipation of Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! release in August will inspire Lego to consider these themes as viable.

I would love the Batwing:

Could come with Batman, Green Lantern, Emmet, Wyldstyle, Vitruvious, Bad Cop. Comes with Bad Cop's 2-in-1 car/plane.

Octan Tower: Benny, Metal Beard, Emmet, Wyldstyle, Batman, Executron x 3, Lord Business, Superman, Green Lantern, Michelangelo(artist). Comes with the think tank room, security room(computer room), The place that guards the KRAGLE!, air shafts.

I've always wished to see the Undercover protagonists participate in physical Lego City sets, and I believe it does work.

They did release the lead character in a City set. And also a different version in a polybag exclusive. I wish they had done a few more like the female police dispatcher.

I still think you read way way too much into any continuity or character world building with Lego. Especially as regards the movie. You are trying to mentally organize it all as an adult. (Which is sort of what President Business was seeking to do, no?) Lego's actual take, both in the movie and in sets is a little more free form come as you are.

Let's see...

-Submarine

-The Dog

-Bricksburg Construction Site

-Emmet's Apartment

I can imagine all of those being expensive.

Let's see...

-Submarine

-The Dog

-Bricksburg Construction Site

-Emmet's Apartment

I can imagine all of those being expensive.

I don't think Emmet's Apartment could be a set since it looks kind of like the town hall, but the Dog would be an excellent D2C set.

Edited by TheLazyChicken