So here goes the archery phase one entry :wink:

A Mitgardian archer is hunter for dinner: a tasty and unsuspecting stag

12448120545_57e1cf4e71_z.jpg

A closer look at the stag (inspired by Kai's micro horses)

12448123055_132eac7d49_z.jpg

And for an overview pic here.

I'd like to recieve UoP credits for:

General Building: Forced Perspective

Anthropology: Countryside Scene

C&C are welcome :classic:

Edited by Garmadon

I like the dark green for the grass, and of course that's a great use of Kai's design.

I do wonder about the "sideways" rocks though. It looks like you've got plenty of bricks to lay them all down sideways--we castle builders don't usually go "swooshing" around our creations like the spacers, so you only need 2-4 SNOT bricks to hold everything in place well enough to move from the build table to the photo setup.

I like the dark green for the grass, and of course that's a great use of Kai's design.

I do wonder about the "sideways" rocks though. It looks like you've got plenty of bricks to lay them all down sideways--we castle builders don't usually go "swooshing" around our creations like the spacers, so you only need 2-4 SNOT bricks to hold everything in place well enough to move from the build table to the photo setup.

Thanks, the sideways rock is (sadly) mostly behind the minifigure, so you can only see it in the first pic :grin:

I actually used almost every dark gray slope I had with me in the build and was trying to experiment with combining studs up with studs... well, studs other ways rock :wink:

Nice build, I love that brickbuilt deer :classic:

UoP +1 for Countryside Scene, but I'd like to see some more sideways rocks to give you credit for that.

Thought about claiming credit for brick-built creature otherwise? I'd be glad to give you that credit :classic:

I agree with Gideon, that it needs more sideways rocks for credit, but +1 on the other credit and I'd also support the brick built animal. Looks great though!

I like it! The posing really gives a sense of the hunt. I don't know enough about rocks yet to comment on those, but I like the deer and think it's a neat use of upside-down stuff!

I'm with Gideon and Kayne. +1 for the Countryside Scene, but the sideways rocks doesn't meet requirements. A brick-built creature credit would be given, if you ask.

Great job! Of course that stag design is a winner! :wink: I do like what you did with the horns there!

As for the credits, I'll go with my fellow reviewers and give you plus one for the countryside scene. You could probably have gotten a + on FP from me though.

As for brick-built creature,

• brick-built animals -- Brick-built animals, birds, or fish, realistically rendered using advanced or innovative techniques. Number of animals should be commensurate with their scale -- three or more if they're approximately minifig sized.

So I'd be happy to give you 1/6th of a credit, but I don't suppose that's what you're looking for!

That's some clever parts usage for the stag! Nice!

Thanks Lord Vladius (and everyone else who said the same thing :laugh: )

Nice build, I love that brickbuilt deer :classic:

UoP +1 for Countryside Scene, but I'd like to see some more sideways rocks to give you credit for that.

Thought about claiming credit for brick-built creature otherwise? I'd be glad to give you that credit :classic:

I'm with Gideon and Kayne. +1 for the Countryside Scene, but the sideways rocks doesn't meet requirements. A brick-built creature credit would be given, if you ask.

Great job! Of course that stag design is a winner! :wink: I do like what you did with the horns there!

As for the credits, I'll go with my fellow reviewers and give you plus one for the countryside scene. You could probably have gotten a + on FP from me though.

As for brick-built creature,

So I'd be happy to give you 1/6th of a credit, but I don't suppose that's what you're looking for!

Thanks, as Kai said, the reason I didn't go for brickbuilt animals was that quote.

I'll change the Sideways rock to FP, though :classic:

I like it! The posing really gives a sense of the hunt. I don't know enough about rocks yet to comment on those, but I like the deer and think it's a neat use of upside-down stuff!

Thanks DrColossus :sweet:

Cute brick built animal and sweet MOC Garmadon!

Edited by Gunman

Cute brick built animal and sweet MOC Garmadon!

Thanks Gunman :classic:

The stag is nice, but it looks a little blocky to me. The rocks are amazing, great build!

Thanks, I would have liked to make the stag thinner (especially the legs), but when working in such small size the details are rather difficult :wink:

Nice scene and perfectly alright for a phase I moc. However, in you next installment a little more variation in colors (maybe the one or the other odd plant) would be great!

Nice scene and perfectly alright for a phase I moc. However, in you next installment a little more variation in colors (maybe the one or the other odd plant) would be great!

Thanks kabel, I would have, but I thought it would mess up the FP a bit :grin:

I was a little iffy on the forced perspective, but I'll give you a +1 for it. Mainly because all you really would need to do is change the angle of the shot to line up with the fig's line of sight, and get your image focused on the fig.

Neat landscape, the dark green works well (fun using those 1x1 bricks, isn't it?), excellent deer design too :classic:

I was a little iffy on the forced perspective, but I'll give you a +1 for it. Mainly because all you really would need to do is change the angle of the shot to line up with the fig's line of sight, and get your image focused on the fig.

Thanks, actually the first pic is focused on the fig, the problem is that the build was to small to really blur the deer (that is why I didn't ask for FP in the beginning) :grin:

Neat landscape, the dark green works well (fun using those 1x1 bricks, isn't it?), excellent deer design too :classic:

Thanks SK :wink:

Cute stag ;)

+1 on Forced Perspective and Countryside Scene

Thanks, that was number 5 for Country side scene though :wink: