[pid][/pid] 246A

My teammate is Simon S. (Burrli Burri). Each of us built two modules aproximately 16x16 that contain sections of an Imperial Fort. The modules can be rearranged into many different compositions and the fort has many neat features: prison cage, modular house, working cannons, hidden treasure chests, working doors, and plenty of Imperial soldiers and pirate rogues.

Because each 'set' comes with 2 modules, with one set you would be able to rearrange it into 2 different patterns. But if you had both sets, you could rearrange the 4 modules into 24 different patterns, or have two separate forts!

Overview of my modules:

overview.jpg

Overview of Simon's modules:

overview2.jpg

gate.JPG

wall.JPG

back.JPG

guardhouse.JPG

gate-back.JPG

house.JPG

jail.JPG

figs.JPG

You can check out more pictures here: link

All C&C welcome :pir-classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

I really like the parts of the fortress wall that aren't square. Excellent geometry.

Great contest entries!

It really shows you have been synchronizing your designs by the very uniform look of both of your entries.

I love the details, I love how the fortress comes in specials shapes (making it not a dull square), ...

Awesome MOC! Oh, I'm doomed... :grin:

Thanks, and you still have a chance a small one pirate_wink.gif

I really like the parts of the fortress wall that aren't square. Excellent geometry.

Thanks! We wanted to make sure to implement a couple off the grid wall sections, for historical accuracy and for the 'cool' factor pirate_classic.gif

Great contest entries!

It really shows you have been synchronizing your designs by the very uniform look of both of your entries.

I love the details, I love how the fortress comes in specials shapes (making it not a dull square), ...

Thank you! And yes we did a lot of planning for these builds, glad you like it pirate_classic.gif

Very awesome! Great work from both of you. I really like the colors used here, they blend together so well.

Very cool, so much detail! Again, the symmetry is fantastic for two separate builders.

Thanks! We spent probably more time planning the build(s) then actually building them pirate_classic.gif

Very awesome! Great work from both of you. I really like the colors used here, they blend together so well.

Thank you, it was nice having a teammate to bounce color ideas off of pirate_classic.gif

That's some though competition, well-played you two,

It would be cool to actually see all of the modules connected some time pirate_laugh2.gif .

Good luck pirate_classic.gif .

That's some though competition, well-played you two,

It would be cool to actually see all of the modules connected some time pirate_laugh2.gif .

Good luck pirate_classic.gif .

Thank you Sebeus! We tried photoshopping the two pictures, so that all 4 modules would be in a row, but my photoshopping skills were too bad... It's also difficult because you can't edit a one coloured background (looks totally ugly with the trans clear water, which then would be way too dark in comparison to the background).

It looks really good guys. Love that dark green with the brown and the triangular walls add a lot of interest.

Wow! This is extremely well done.

Great approach to the rocks as well.

Beautiful!

Thank you pirate_classic.gif

It looks really good guys. Love that dark green with the brown and the triangular walls add a lot of interest.

Thanks Cara, I got those dark green bricks about halfway the building process and wanted to use them pirate_classic.gif

really cool entry guys! love the interior, haha now these are the sort of sets id' pay for pirate_laugh2.gif

Two very nice MOC's and great consistency between them but from the perspective of the rules which state that you're designing sets that Lego might produce I would have to question whether the builds would pass the technical review that all actual Lego sets have to go through?

The disjoint clear plates to represent water definitely wouldn't pass review.

The rock design might just pass review but the instructions are going to be tricky!

That is a very well thought design and you have really pushed the modularity aspect to the extreme.

I’m not sure LEGO would be willing to use such advanced building techniques on an official set but I’m very impressed by your rock work techniques.

Also, congrats on being the first team to have posted an entry in this tough challenge!

Nice Entry guys... Beautiful project. Good luck in the competition!

Thanks Gunman pirate_classic.gif

Great job! It looks like there is going to be some pretty stiff competion!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Thanks for the blogging!

really cool entry guys! love the interior, haha now these are the sort of sets id' pay for pirate_laugh2.gif

Thanks Legonardo, glad you like it pirate_classic.gif

This is really cool. Love the rocks.

Two very nice MOC's and great consistency between them but from the perspective of the rules which state that you're designing sets that Lego might produce I would have to question whether the builds would pass the technical review that all actual Lego sets have to go through?

The disjoint clear plates to represent water definitely wouldn't pass review.

The rock design might just pass review but the instructions are going to be tricky!

Thanks, the unattached water probably wouldn't be in a 'real' set, but that could be easily removed. The rock are actually fairly simple, as only individual slopes are SNOT, they are attached by headlight bricks mostly pirate_classic.gif

That is a very well thought design and you have really pushed the modularity aspect to the extreme.

I’m not sure LEGO would be willing to use such advanced building techniques on an official set but I’m very impressed by your rock work techniques.

Also, congrats on being the first team to have posted an entry in this tough challenge!

Thank you, we figured modular sets are usually a bit more advanced than LEGO's general set designs.

Too elaborate but wonderful, good luck for the contest.

Well LEGO's modulars are usually pretty elaborate pirate_classic.gif