Sign in to follow this  
Morten

Thanks for a super event 2007

Hi all boys and girls from the event 2007 Germany.

I had a perfekt weekend. It was nice to get som faces on the names from this forum. I hope you all had as good a time as I did. A special thanks to Jipay and Xwingyoda for making the event happen, and a thanks to Copmike for knowing how to speek to people, so we could get what we came for.

Now I am tired and poor again, good thing the next event will be in Billund 2008, close to my home, and around a year to save up some money.

Morten

And some double-thanks from Dana and me!!! Even if we weren't there all days we had an outstanding day with you guys! :'-) And next year we WILL see the builders workshop, no matter what it costs! >:-)

So see you again in Denmark 2008!!!! :-D

Also a big Thank You from Daniela and me. It was a really nice day for us!!! Sad that it was over so fast :'-(

And Thanks for that nice little Set!!!

Greetings

Sandra

well actually, i'll always remember this event for this:

swedishchef_main.jpg

later on the evening i was sitting in kim and morten's room and the swedes where there as well, sometimes, they just spoke swedish to each other and that usually led to kim and morten to imitate the swedish chef of the muppets, as if they were to say that swedish language sounded like bollocks...

however, to me, a Belgian, Swedish AND danish sounded (sounds) like pretty much the same: bollocks! X-D off caurse, i never said that out loud, otherwise i wouldn't be writing this post right now.... i'm not suicidal just yet X-D :-|

anyway, ras' comment was always the same: "GET TF OUT OF MY OFFICE!!!" , in fact, come to think of it, he pretty much said that every 30 seconds of the 3 days... it kinda replaced Yoda's "I MEAN YOU NO HARM" which was the major hit last year. g..; there's gotta be a new title in here somewhere.... ;-) I do wonder where he picked it up from, though... he gave this complicated explenation that involved a "Friends" episode, but my guess is that he's hearing that sentence week after week when he goes to his boss to ask for a raise... :-P

still, both danes and swedes must have heard my thoughts, cos i also heard another statement, first it was only a whisper, only spoken by the very brave, but soon repeated by the viking masses all over the country. it went like:

"BLAME THE FRENCH, PUNISH THE BELGIANS"

that was kinda disturbing , i can tell you... 8-| , worse, i'm afraid this was kinda a too generalised statement realy... it was more like: "BLAME THE FRENCH, PUNISH SNE!!!"... :-X so there's still hope for Khorne i guess... :-D

this bold statement was, however, more than just bold words from four-five drunken barbarians from the north... cos the next day i nearly drowned in water during a brutal and vicious attack attack from the vikings in the "Pirate splash" or something. Or, as a viking later on explained it to me "concentrating all water cannons on one particular point", again, according to this viking, it was Yoda who shouted outloud: "SNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE".... :-X

NEVER TRUST THE FRENCH, I say... in any xase, yoda, that promo plane you asked me to look for at stuttgart airport will now find it's way to an ebay buyer, i'm afraid... :-X :-P

BUT, what i remember the most of that water episode, was the very beginning of the game. we were all waiting in line to get a boat. but at the same time, other people were already in boats and instead of firing at marked targets, they were firing at people who were standing in the fireline... including these so-called brave and fearless vikings... i tell you, they were surprisingly fast at ducking to the ground, screaming like like a little girl who's has just seen her first big black hairy spider... :-P a little drop of water caused so much panick, you'd even wonder how on earth we got them on board of a ship :-|

still, i got my victory later on the second evening when i and these morons did this quiz. naturally, i won hands down :-| ....

voil

Like last year again it was a great "finale" to a week of traveling for my wife and me :-)

Thanks to the Frenchies (;-)) for organizing the event and the extras, to copmike for the Midnight Build and his never ending efforts to get us into the model builders' area, and of course to all those who came and made the weekend a great one.

With a group like this you can't but look forward to the next event :'-)

PS: Germans and highways... ooooh boy.... :-| .................... >:-) :-P X-D

Yoda, Jipay... Thanks alot for the organization.

Hobbes for the booking of rooms (I think).

Thanks to Holodoc for driving to Legoland-land (and xtra trips to find RB - say "Hi" to Lucas! - nice kid!).

Thanks to copmike for all extras, and negotiation, that also goes to Morten.

Extra thanks to all that got me stuff and sets... Trade On!

Thanks to all eventees for comming and made the event what it was.

I think there from now on will be a breake of tradition, that tradition involves Danes, Rum and headacke.

But on the other hand - it is a long time to next event.

Finally I

Agreed..thx for a super event.

Though I have to blame the French for the missing sandcrawler in my set and of course therefore punish the Belgians - Sne GET ME A NEW ONE :-P

Super with t-shirts, coffee mugs, foamy beer, whiskey and Copmike's ability to show up with rare bricks or cool vignettes for everyone. I can't wait for next years event in good ol' DK. - Perhaps then the Swedes won't throw away money on useless airtickets X-D

Pics will be in my brickshelf folder. They're being uploaded as I write this. Check my subfolder "Events" when public or follow THIS LINK (not activated yet)

KimT

Sounds like you guys and gals had lots of fun! I should look into thinking about going next year :) .

Agreed..thx for a super event.

Though I have to blame the French for the missing sandcrawler in my set and of course therefore punish the Belgians - Sne GET ME A NEW ONE :-P

Super with t-shirts, coffee mugs, foamy beer, whiskey and Copmike's ability to show up with rare bricks or cool vignettes for everyone. I can't wait for next years event in good ol' DK. - Perhaps then the Swedes won't throw away money on useless airtickets X-D

Pics will be in my brickshelf folder. They're being uploaded as I write this. Check my subfolder "Events" when public or follow THIS LINK

KimT

Link is now useable!

Enjoy and prosper

KimT

Sort on!

pict0016.jpg

I'd also want to thank Copmike for this FANTASTIC gift:

pict0017.jpg

Thanks so much buddy :-$

Thx you all guys for those really cool days ! It was my first event and surely not the last one, you made another addict X-D

Special thanks to Hobbes for the accomodations, and to Copmike and for the negociation skills !

Did you guys all arrive on time at the Airport ? Yoda and I had to face a f****g deviation on secondary roads cause the highway was closed. It added 2 more hours to our trip (this plus the fact we got lost... again... Straight on ! X-D )

Yoda and I had to face a f****g deviation on secondary roads cause the highway was closed. It added 2 more hours to our trip (this plus the fact we got lost... again... Straight on ! X-D )

Oh yes, our german highway and its closings... As a german you just ignore it... such things happen that often ... Hope you got home though :-P

Yoda and I had to face a f****g deviation on secondary roads cause the highway was closed. It added 2 more hours to our trip (this plus the fact we got lost... again... Straight on ! X-D )

Hehe at least we have (partially) no speed limits at the highways (yet... :'-( ) ! AND we don't need a "A"-Sticker at our cars!!!! :-P >:-)

I think I know what it is ;-) good for you!!

Ooooh yess!

Finally I got it:

dsc00213.jpg_thumb.jpgDome on!

That was the reason I couldn

What do you exactly mean by that? I had thousands on the way back home (err, Germans, not highways!) and didn

Oh so you got the Cafe corner. It loks really cool. I can see you placed another Holodoc on the sidewalk, cool. Looking forward to seeing more pics.

Morten

so... what were the extras and the extra extras, you ask... time to show you those as well:

pict0017.jpg

this beatifull vignette was created by Copmike and given to all of the "3-days-eventees" :-$

pict0019.jpg

and this cup was part of the extra package that jp and yoda organised for us :-$

kool! *y* a eurobricks event.

Too bad it was in europe :-D

My wife and i would love to plan a trip to europe after i finish my engineering degree,

maybe i'll try to have that trip conveniently at the same time as one of these events. *wub*

P