Mr Meleca

My first minifigure: post your story

Probably this guy, when I was about 3 or 4 yrs old. My dad is a builder/ carpenter and it started a lifelong love of Lego and building as my profession

post-774-0-79596200-1418564016.jpg

Whoa, thread necromancy. But it's a good thread. Here's mine.

20085627080_5904b0d963_c.jpg

One of these guys is my first minifig, out of set 6882. I don't know which one!

They both survived in surprisingly good condition. Still in service, as fighter pilots.

My childhood is a blur. I think I have a mental problem. I remember having some LEGO, but nothing specifically - I think I only got a few buckets.

As an adult, my mom (yes, my mom) gave me a Star Wars ATST, so it came with Chewbacca.

I don't have my first minifigure anymore. Moving a lot as a kid, it got lost along with a bunch of "my guy". I did have my oldest "my guy" before my dark ages, and when I cracked open my Lego bin he was still there. However, his girlfriend is MIA. He has gone through a revision or two the last 2 years... Here he is from just over a year ago. I bought a lot of 60 figures from ebay and reconfigured everyone. The only "original" old is the hair. I've had that hair for as long as I can remember. I had the black & brown version of the long female hair from decades ago, but both those figures are MIA.

FireHawk%20&%20Crew.3.jpg

Right now hes packed into a box because I'm moving in the next couple weeks. I'll take a picture of him after I get settled in, and make him my avatar. Before I changed him recently, he pretty much wore overalls (dungarees) in every iteration (even the red ones at one point) and had the standard head with the black hair.

I still have some Ice Planet, shark guys, Old space guys, some old castle guys. 116 figures so far. They need a city to live in...

My first minifig was this guy:

5a181d9a6eeb1_spaceminifig.jpg.2a4972d348160c046c795e07997ea819.jpg

My parents bought me this minifig when i was 6.I was so happy.I lose helmet,visor,hands and cap but torso,legs and head are still here.When I look him I remember my childhood.That was my first minifig!:classic:

On 09/02/2014 at 1:52 PM, Hrw-Amen said:

My first actual mini-figures (There were two of them.) were of the type that was a plain yellow heads with no details and then arms were just molded lumps on the side of the torso with the legs all in one.

{old timer voice}They had no movable arms. And no articulated legs. And no body printing. And no faces. And we liked 'em!{/old timer voice} 

The first minifigures that I got new, as opposed to ones that were originally my older brother's, were the cowboy slabbies in this set. Unfortunately, I don't still have the set or the minifigures.

372-1.jpg?201011080130

My first articulated minifigures were Classic Space astronauts from this set. Regrettably, I don't have the set or the minifigures anymore.

493-1.jpg

The first minifigures I got after leaving my DA in 1993 - and a large part of the reason I became an AFOL - were the minifigures from this set. I still have all the parts for both minifigures in perfect condition, though only the ghost is in my display collection as it appears in 6034.   

6034-1.jpg   

Edited by AmperZand