Kai NRG

Valyrian Trade

It's been a while since I've done a build in Valyrian style, and this seemed to offer a good opportunity.

12393057743_8abaceaaac.jpg

A sea captain stands off-shore (not literally, his ship does) while picking up some provisions. He's come in on his shallop himself to make sure everything is top quality!

12393358434_c6d7d36c0c.jpg

Credit to Legonardo for the shutter technique. It worked really nicely here.

12197495476_a590b7e29a.jpg

I'd like to claim PU DoH Credit for the following:

life in Valyrio (Anthropology)

city scene (Anthropology)

still water (Hydrology)

advanced windows and window frames (Architecture) (4 credits)

Comments are welcome!

Nice brick-built boat! And I really like that window design :classic:

UoP +1 for your claimed credits.

A small word of advice: On the first shot, there is a gap under the roof which could have been hidden by choosing a different (for example higher) camera angle.

Edited by Gideon

Gideon beat me to mentioning the gap under the roof, so I'll just mention that I love your brick built boat!

Nice brick built boat! However, to tell you the truth the scene makes me think more of Kaliphlin than Varlyrio.

Thanks everyone!

...A small word of advice: On the first shot, there is a gap under the roof which could have been hidden by choosing a different (for example higher) camera angle.

Gideon beat me to mentioning the gap under the roof, so I'll just mention that I love your brick built boat!

Yes, I noticed that. I meditated putting black pieces or something behind it but was too lazy didn't feel like it. :grin: A higher angle would probably have worked well though. Thanks!

Nice brick built boat! However, to tell you the truth the scene makes me think more of Kaliphlin than Varlyrio.

Thanks MS! I usually think of Varlyrio (did I spell that wrong? and I even made a point of checking it! :tongue: ) as clean tiled streets, nice and smooth. I guess some Kaliphlin cities look like that too though.

...the scene makes me think more of Kaliphlin than Varlyrio.

I agree, specifically the building below looks very desert-ish. I do really like the extruding support beams under the flat roof (flat roof => desert).

12197495476_a590b7e29a.jpg

Edited by nstickney

I will still give you the +1 all across the board. It looks good. I do think the tan building fits in our lovely guild though. But, of course, it could be a ex-pat of Kaliphlin.

Nice MOC! I especially love the boat and the fishing rod. Now I know for sure that I have to buy some transparent blue 1 x 1 plates!

Valyrio is a nice (obscure) guild with it's Venetian style. So when will they return out of the shadows? Book 3?

Excellent build. The boat looks great and I like the tan house's wooden beams and the special window with shutters :thumbup: The window on the front side of the tan house looks a little modern to me though, some sort of wooden frame would help with that I think. Great minifig posing, the dock looks very busy as it should :classic:

Thanks all!

I agree, specifically the building below looks very desert-ish. I do really like the extruding support beams under the flat roof (flat roof => desert).

I will still give you the +1 all across the board. It looks good. I do think the tan building fits in our lovely guild though. But, of course, it could be a ex-pat of Kaliphlin.

Okay, you guys have me! :laugh: Well, I like flat roofed buildings. They're easy! :tongue: And I wasn't sure how much rain they get in Varlyrio. From what I can tell most houses in Venice (that's my typical Varlyrian inspiration) had low or perhaps flat roofs. I know that Rodes (which wasn't so far away from Venice) had a lot of flat roofed houses back in the middle ages.

Valyrio is a nice (obscure) guild with it's Venetian style. So when will they return out of the shadows? Book 3?

Well, you're always free to build in it! :thumbup:

Nice job Kai, the irregular water base really adds a nice effect!

Thanks! I was dying to use my new round trans-light blue pieces!