SMC

Spoiler - Lego Movie sets and film comparison with spoilers

Over in "The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion" we have been careful not to give spoilers for the movie so I thought we needed a place where we can talk about the movie and the sets.

Here are my thought, in the film we do not see wyldstyle in a space suit like we get in the spaceship spaceship spaceship set but we do see her as a robot like the emmet we get in that set and I would have like to see them both as a robot. We don't see the snail from cloud cuckoo although maybe the blu-ray will come with an extended edition. I didn't see Unikitty in a space suit or sea sick. In the cmf we get the robots that are only one of a kind but there are the skeletrons, robot police, robot workmen that would all be better for cmf because they would have been better army builders.

Just a few sets to get you started.

Edit: looks like they were all in the movie

So moving it on a bit what figs from the movie have we not got and you would like to see?

I will start with robot wyldstyle

Edited by SMC

^ ok thanks did emmet wear one? Guess I will have to go see it again :laugh:

Emmet, did not because at that point of the movie he was captured by Lord Business. Sea Sick UniKitty is in the set with of the Sea Cow coming out for the summer I believe.

Oh yeah thanks

So did we see sick unikitty in the film

Yes, only for a few seconds when she comes out of the double decker couch. You really need to pay attention to the movie :P

I haven't seen the film yet, but the snail from the Cloud Cuckoo Palace set is definitely in it. That clip of the group entering Cloud Cuckoo Land shows the snail right in the beginning, moving behind the characters.

Edited by Kaijumeister

I so need to see this movie again

So moving it on a bit what figs from the movie have we not got and you would like to see?

I will start with robot wyldstyle

Michelangelo and his david

white space man

robot workmen

My biggest want is Green Lantern, he had a bigger role than the green ninja but we got that figure. :(

I think it would have been cool if they made the robots chrome like they actually are in the movie.

Biggest vehicle want is the Batmobile and Batwing. The train, submarine and Bad Cops cat with wheels would be cool as well.

I did think green ninja would have a bigger role but I thought that about others too. Green Lantern should come in a dc set. Chrome robots would have been nice but could have put the price up.

Yeah, seasick Unikitty should come out in the summer. But what I want to see is devil Unikitty.

Chromed skeleton would be nice.

There is also a red space minifig for 3 or 4 seconds total.

And lastly I'd like the sleepy Emmet. Right now he's available only from certain movie chain which I am not close to but I kept hearing rumor he'd be available in another manner.

How about parts in colors that aren't available currently? I'd like the stalk element (3 points, usually used as flower) in trans medium blue as seen in Emmet's shower, it'd be great in snow and ice scenes.

I didn't see Johnny Thunder. Maybe he was one of the MB in the background or shown for a few seconds.

He was seen behind the mermaid (at least in the trailer).

The most significant version of a character that hasn't yet appeared "in the brick" is probably Vitruvius in his actual wizard garb, with an actual magic staff, before being blinded. I would not be surprised if he shows up as an exclusive fig for the DVD/Blu-Ray release.

Gosh, I almost cried during the movie... It is far beyond the reviews and comments I did read along these days... It is a must see for all AFOLS

I didn't see Johnny Thunder. Maybe he was one of the MB in the background or shown for a few seconds.

I saw him running out of the Dog and at the end fighting a dragon mounted on a horse when Emmet talks to Lord Business.

Space Wyldstyle and Astro Kitty were briefly seen in the live action part.

Barfy Kitty :tongue: was seen popping out of the couch.

I want instructions for big head open mouth Angry Kitty :tongue:

I wish Robot Wyldstyle would have shown up somehow.

Can anyone find me screenshots of set MetalBeard and movie MetalBeard? I don't see the difference.

The most clear differences is the treasure chest slot is one stud on the left + a gold stud nect to it. + he has an extra chain connected from his waist to his arm.

I want ghost vitruvious...basically a regular classic ghost with the head band and his skirt fringes, but would still be nice...interestingly in the guide they just show a regular ghost....also surprised ho many trailers and such show ghost vitruvious.....a smiling Lord business would be nice

I believe I saw him a few times (very quickly in the background).

- A scene where a police ship shined a light on him while he was walking on a billboard ledge.

- In the dog dome behind Marsha.

- Running toward the screen for a brief second holding a whip and pistol in the Cuckoo land destruction scene.

- Riding a horse during Emmet's/the boy's speech to LB/ The man from upstairs.

I agree GL should've been in the dropship over Green Ninja. He had a notable role with the ship (Superman and the bubble gum).

any idea how much the mech will cost? I REALLY want angry kitty. So adorable <3

It has 706 pieces or so, so I'd say between 60-70 dollars.

The most clear differences is the treasure chest slot is one stud on the left + a gold stud nect to it. + he has an extra chain connected from his waist to his arm.

The gears on his shoulders are also crown gears in the movie. And I think there's a third, smaller cannon on his cannon arm.

I want ghost vitruvious...basically a regular classic ghost with the head band and his skirt fringes, but would still be nice...interestingly in the guide they just show a regular ghost....also surprised ho many trailers and such show ghost vitruvious.....a smiling Lord business would be nice

IIRC, the Collectible Series Minifigure of Lord Business has a dual-sided head with him smiling (I could be wrong, of course).