Hey Eurobrickers, lately I've been really into creating original characters using the pantheon of minifig parts. As much as I enjoy building larger MOCs working with bricks and such, this minifig stuff is much more suited to a busy AFOL's lifestyle. I thought it would be cool to share my Figbarf with ya'll and see if ya'll had any you wanted to share as well.

5HEyd6p.jpg

Alien Girl Rock Band

myslsNu.jpg

Biker Gang

PLEASE SHARE, I WANT TO SEE YOUR ORIGINAL CREATIONS! :grin:

So, this thread needs some life so:

This is a custom super hero team!

13235284764_33801de160_n.jpg

From left to right their names are: Forty-niner, Stinger, Croc Hunter, Wiseman, Warbringer, Inventor, and the Amazon.

Thanks for sharing Korpen4444, I dig the custom heroes, I'll have to put together a team of my own and post.

Thanks for sharing Korpen4444, I dig the custom heroes, I'll have to put together a team of my own and post.

Thanks!

I've never been keen on the term 'figbarf' as it implies that no effort was put in to creating the figs, just random pieces thrown together. Which this obviously isn't.

If you're into creating your own superhero characters, join this group on flickr http://www.flickr.com/groups/llh/

We could do with a few more members, it's all about creat a joint world of original superheroes.

Here's a couple of mine:

9424136828_c03dc502ce_n.jpg

9405697985_6550334d28_n.jpg

9668444985_46fa85f874_n.jpg

9833286103_49a1bddc8d_n.jpg

Edited by andhe

Great topic...love that alien girl-band and the Eagle Patriot.

I have a bunch of stuff to share when I get home. I didn't know/think other AFOLs were really into creating new characters...I dig it!

its a lot less intense than creating MOC's which will often leave me sleepless on work nights. Minifigs are quick, cheap fun for a busy, broke, AFOL. Glad you guys are getting into this.

autorazr: I haven't forgotten this thread...I'm having some issues finding the time to photograph my dudemans. I hope to get something up later today, though. ;)

gY9ddFc.jpg

"Yellow" Avengers

qtVS4qs.jpg

Chain Gang

chPp6UY.jpg

Trailer Park Boys - The Boys

0RuOgdO.jpg

Trailer Park Boys - Randy, Jim Lahey and Cyrus

fdo0jPj.jpg

Trailer Park Boys - Corey, Trevor and Ray

13380980105_203e746f10.jpg

Here's my latest character.... Hawk Owl!

Edited by andhe

That mask is pretty awesome, all those parts make me want some unofficial product, I'm currently all purist.

Those Trailer Park Boys figs are just too perfect. :laugh: Well done!

Those Trailer Park Boys are a big hit here, autorazr. My wife loves them. I hope we get a J-Rock soon...and are those Ray's pee bottles?

So I have a few figbarfs to share. It's a good term for me, since I usually come up with them after working on some other customs, with parts left over and such. I really enjoy looking at other's creations, so I hope you guys enjoy too.

Bawce Dawg's monster fighters:

88db5c8f-1914-40ed-b2cb-93d5feb1ca8d_zpsf09f78c8.jpg

RoboJuctice (hint, hint...they are bad guys):

Figbarf025_zpsc32ca3f1.jpg

A bit of a crew of Misfits:

Figbarf009_zpsd171127f.jpg

nice, I want some of those new ninjago minifigs sooooooooooooooo bad.

They are pretty...super-hero-y. I'm sure you will at least B'link one or two, at some point (a purist Cyborg was too much for me to resist with this minifig).

ya know, I've been trying to BL 2014 stuff, its slow coming, none of my regular sellers have had much. I got one of those new ninjago bandannas that fits with more headgear, but in green, my least desired color.