Sign in to follow this  
Scubacarrot

Heroica RPG- Quest #96: Tying up Loose Ends

Boomingham glances at the pretzel that Ellaria Nyx founds enviously.

Nyx sees Larry's glance.

"There's more than one..." she indicates the pile with her now empty hand, still holding the red jug in the other, though.

The cyclops in the tophat starts shouting at Nyx in a language that is not quite, but similair to Orcish.

12416270513_6400338c96_t.jpg

"Tar Zugzug Kurr! Mah Djar Fagrah Rodir! Puh."

The guardsman that had so far been silent spoke up.

12416131515_b5e3e8d546_t.jpg

"Cap'n?"

The captain shook her head, sighed, and said:

12416486103_a4e061a0c3_t.jpg

"Go ahead."

"Mister Clope's appall'd that one would come into's house and start eat'n's food. He demands compensat'n from the... uh, black-hair'd wench."

"Kurr."

The captain put two finger and thumb to her forehead, and spoke up sharply.

"Enough. Mister Clope, you will remain quiet until I tell you otherwise, we are paying you a hefty sum, you will excuse the heroes for this. Translate so it is clear. Heroes, I know this will be hard for you, but in the few minutes it will take to explain what you are to do, try not to do anything else that makes me regret turning to Heroica again."

The captain remained quiet for a moment and looked at everyone in the room sharply.

"Now. Miss Arbour it is, very well. You will hold on to this then." Captain Patricia produces a small, green object from a pocket. It is a cloudy crystalline object, unevenly shaped, with several holes. The heroes recognize it as the Keystone. She hands it to Ellaria.

6882851363_fd3658b32f_t.jpg

"I want you to look after that thing like it is... Just don't lose it out of your sight, Miss Arbour. Now. Gibbin has the right of it, this symbol will apparantly transport you to Strivvi. I suppose you haven't heard? Captain Lorenzo el Diablo with all his surnames, the captain that sailed you to Strivvi last time? Shortly after he brought you back to Eubric he deserted with crew and all. He stole the ship, the Armoury, as well. I received a report that Lorenzo is now a pirate with Strivvi being his home base. It seems he was in my cell for a good reason after all. The Bonapartes have put a bounty on his head for desertion, theft and piracy, but I don't have the details, he is not my problem. If you manage to find him, what to do is up to you, but he is not part of your objective. Since apparantly you Heroes have a corrupting influence on seafarers and those waters are by no means safe, we decided to try something else. I have been assured Mister Clope is the expert on teleportation magic in Eubric, however hard to believe that may be..."

"Portal... Dabu, Boom, Boom!"

"Guards, prisoners, ships...what don't you guys lose these days? Alright, so we're s'ppost to trust the greasy guy in a top hat who don't speak common and lives in a warehouse to safely teleport us hundreds of miles away onto a small island? Couldn't you have found us a less dangerous route? A rowboat sailed by the Wolfgang? Maybe we could ride a dragon?"

"Nyx, you may want to make nice with the one-eyed chap. You know, since we're all stepping into his magic star and what not."

Boomingham turns to Patricia. "Captain, dearest, would you mind helping an old friend out? I find, generally, that my sword is sharper than my mind, and I've been to a few places since we made our little trip to Strivvi. What exactly do you want us to do? I recall some guards missing, and some Wolfgang involvement. Now, I don't want to be a downer, but the guards, unless they deserted instead of being abducted, are probably not in the best of shape..." Boomingham glances at the Keystone, "and what the Hel is that thing again?"

"Strivvi is not an island. It's a city on the west of Abra, Gibbin. The Town Watch hasn't got the resources to be perfect. One thing that would help everyone is if we had less of your pointless jests. I am assured that the teleportation magic is safe enough."

"Portal Dabu, Krah ZuDo Zugzug Dabu Kros Frec 'Ley' Nash Mo. Very safe."

"He's say'n that this place is on top of a cross'n of somet'n call'd Ley Lines, caus'n his magic to be strong and amplify the accuracy of his teleportation. It's safe, he says."

"The one that directed me to this... gentleman assured me that it was safer than crossing the street in Eubric. Now if you can stop being scared little girls about this I can continue. It is as you say, Mister Boomingham. Where the guards used to be your primary objective, I share your thoughts on that matter, they are now secondary. My infiltrators remained in Strivvi when you departed, and from the few messages I've received, we've gathered that the guards simply disappeared. Men don't just vanish into thin air. Purple can't find them, if you can, you will be rewarded. Your primary objective are the Wolfgang, the ones that abducted my men in the first place. The Wolfgang is active in Strivvi, and I don't like it one bit. We've received reports that every now and again thugs from Strivvi end up in Eubric. The Wolfgang is recruiting in Strivvi and placing them here. Furthermore, the late Donny Dozenhands was thought to be behind the Wolfgang's presence in Strivvi, since he died, Purple reported that the criminals behaviour there changed, harsher, more organized, he described it as. Likely there was a change in leadership. Your primary objective is to take this leader out and dismantle the Wolfgang presence in Strivvi. Even though we crippled their leadership here, they are still a gigantic threat."

The dwarf that had so far remained silent, spoke up.

12417014964_8d23526f49_t.jpg

"It's good to see you again Heroes. The Keystone, yes. If you remember, the Keystone was supposed to open a vault that contained whichever the opener desired, sealed by an ancient civilization. My Strivvian Colleague Mortimer had found the location of the vault, but he was abducted and you were unfortunately not able to locate him in time, so so far the location of the vault remains a mystery..."

"Yes, however, Purple reports that he may has some lead on that, I'm sure he will tell you more. The Wolfgang want this vault, and the keystone to open it. I want you to make sure they can't have it, either use the keystone to open it and take whatever treasure is there, so the Wolfgang can't get what is inside, or make sure that vault is already destroyed or lost in time. In any case, Purple or one of his infiltrators will meet you when you arrive in Strivvi, he will have detailled explanations of the things you'll need to do to fulfill your objectives. My correspondence with Purple has been less than ideal, I don't have nearly as much detail as I would have liked. Was I clear, any questions?"

Edited by Scubacarrot

Ellaria is a bit flustered by the decision to elect her the party leader.

"T-thank you, everyone! I will do the best I can! With you guys by my side, it should all work out fine." She takes the keystone from Patricia, struggling to stop her hands from shaking. "I will guard this item with my life, Captain Cousland."

She then takes out her notebook and pen.

"Now, let's jot down everything we have to do in Strivvi..."

TO DO LIST:

1. Talk to Purple and the other infiltrators.

2. Locate the Strivvian branch of the Wolfgang and take out its leader.

3. Discover what happened to the missing guards.

4. Find Mortimer and learn the location of the vault that the Keystone opens.

5. Take out the treacherous Captain Lorenzo el Diablo and recover the stolen ship, the Armoury, if we can.

"I also distinctively remember some sort of feud in the ruling family of Strivvi, as well as a troubling situation with slave trade in the city, but I'm unsure if we can do anything about those things. But if I've gotten everything jotted down correctly, we should step into the pentagram and be on our way."

Ellaria bows to Patricia.

"Heroica will not bring you disappointment."

Nyx sets down the red jug and surreptitiously pushes it away from her with her foot, looking in the opposite direction as she does so.

"Sorry dude, but seriously you live in a warehouse? How the hell was I supposed to... ok ok ok, sorry. Sorry."

She shrugs and turns, watching with mild amusement as Ellaria furiously scribbles a to-do list.

"One more thing, I remember they weren't too keen on magic users in Strivvi. I remember I had an alias while we were there last time - didn't we all? I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure I asked to be called Lyssa last time, and it might be best if we don't mention magic. Like, at all. Especially arriving through a dirty great pentagram. So, unless there's anything else we need to do, I'm ready to go too."

"I'll be Blackhood. Sellsword from the High Kingdoms. Basically the truth of the matter." Boomingham lowers his voice so only Ellaria can hear. "I'm sure Purple will know more about the situation with those troublesome brothers, but, well, as for the slave trade, I've made a promise to a friend that I'd look into it."

"Guess I'll be Ratabor once again. Let's go get this done."

"Very well. Off you go. Mister Clope?"

The Cyclops nodded, took off his hat, and walked over to the shoddy enclosure where a pig was standing.

12416276803_b63e3b84b7_z.jpg

The cyclops picked up the pig which was trembling, and the cyclops held it down in the middle of the pentagram. Seemingly out of nowhere, a small axe had appeared in the Cyclops' hand, with a single strike, the mage killed the animal. The cyclops stepped back, and as blood flowed in the middle of the symbol, visible dark, purple energy appeared around the edges, and the atmosphere in the room changed.

12416576813_79dd3c0239_c.jpg

As quickly as the energy had appeared, it went away again, and the cyclops gestured that the heroes were to go in. Some more sure than others, they did.

12416612234_42e880b907_c.jpg

As soon as the heroes stepped into the star, the world around them seem to change.. They were off...

Edited by Scubacarrot

"Hold on fast!" Ellaria shouted to the others before the world around them warped.

12504224774_580b8a216e_c.jpg

When the heroes came to, they were someplace different. Time had passed, as well. A full moon brightened the night sky. The heroes felt sand beneath their feet, and tasted salt in the air. The heroes were groggy from the teleportation, but they were unharmed, and together.

12503762145_c484180fd6_z.jpg

12503885653_e72f64fa17_c.jpg

The heroes found themselves in some kind of square, with walls of tall buildings enclosing them on four sides. All around them were people, most of them dressed in rags, and carrying beverages. Somehow, none of them had noticed the five new additions to the place. What do the heroes want to do?

Edited by Scubacarrot

Skrall took a moment to take in his surroundings. "Well, I'm assumin' we're in Strivvi, air seems about the same. Where though is a different question entirely. Just be a moment."

Skrall shifted over to the fire with the Minotaur, "Chilly night, eh?"

Atramor rubbed his head, looking around. McCafferey's eyes flicked back and forth between the others.

"Well, that was damn weird...Patricia said our contacts'd meet us here, but I don't see any of 'em."

"Well, that was damn weird...Patricia said our contacts'd meet us here, but I don't see any of 'em."

"Maybe they're in disguise. Or maybe the spell teleported us to the wrong place. I do see a couple of lupine faces around, though... Scatter around, everyone, and talk to as many of these people as you can. We have to find out the status quo."

Ellaria walked to the werewolf lying on the ground. She put on a pretense of helplessness.

"Excuse me, mister. I am in deep trouble, and I heard the Wolfgang could help me. You're one of them, right?"

"Chilly night, eh?"

12506707565_ab6882bc30_t.jpg

"Hm."

"Excuse me, mister. I am in deep trouble, and I heard the Wolfgang could help me. You're one of them, right?"

12506708455_62b3cb4d7b_t.jpg

"Eh, what? Wolfgang? Is that worth waking me up for?! Go away, let me sleep."

Nyx approaches the girl with the green waistcoat, smiling slightly bashfully as she does so.

"Hello, sorry to bother you. I'm recovering from a rather epic drinking session and I seem to be a teensy weensy bit lost. I know it's a strange question but, where am I please?"

"Any idea where a fella could get a drink to warm his insides as well as his hands?"

"Look. Why don't you just go away. This is our fire. Jessy collected stuff to burn, I found this barrel, and we used Jackson's firerocks. It's ours."

"Hello, sorry to bother you. I'm recovering from a rather epic drinking session and I seem to be a teensy weensy bit lost. I know it's a strange question but, where am I please?"

12506701385_b398d907c9_t.jpg

The girl looks Nyx over, then smirks: "The wrong part of town. Might be better if you run back to your high quarter."

Edited by Scubacarrot

Atramor leaned against a wall as he watched the party get consistently rebuffed by the random people wandering around, rubbing his eyes.

"This is ridiculous."

"The wrong part of town. Might be better if you run back to your high quarter."

"Look, lady," the regulator interjected intimidatingly. "I'm sure actin' like an impertinent little streetwise bitch works on any of the higher-ups that stumble down to this slum, but you're really just pissin' us off here. Stow the attitude and answer the damn question."

12506701385_b398d907c9_t.jpg

She crosses her arms, and raises her eyebrow at Atramor. (Or rather, turns her already raises eyebrow at Atramor), and says: "...Was just giving the lady some advice, some people here are seriously bad news... Oh, I see what is going on, you two are lovers, looking for an exciting place to do it, and you ended up here. You're in Yoren's Square, in the Lower District. Welcome, my lord." She performs a mocking curtsy for Atramor with her last words.

"Look. Why don't you just go away. This is our fire. Jessy collected stuff to burn, I found this barrel, and we used Jackson's firerocks. It's ours."

"No need to get yer fur in a ruffle, friend." Skrall moved over to the other fire barrel, "Rough crowd, huh?"

"That's all I wanted to know. I asked you nicely, maybe I should have just punched you repeatedly in the face until you told me." Nyx glares at the girl and stalks off towards Skrall.

"Hey big guy, can you give me a lift up? I wanna get up on the roof over the fire, maybe see what I can see. Wouldya mind?"