arc

[MOC] crab droid

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi all, this is my first moc here on eurobricks, A CIS crab droid. Comments and criticism are very welcome.

I've been thinking about a Lego crab droid for a while, and what finally inspired me to make one was the droidekas from last year and the little spider walker that came in the hailfire droid set from 2008. Mix them plus a few other spare parts, and you get a small crab droid.

12352150144_17acf25b55.jpg

side view:

12351871473_1285c57634.jpg

back view:

12352148254_bb611eda50.jpg

close up of the torso:

12351869733_2788d40e1f.jpg

The gun in the center was a little lower than I wanted, and I ran out of grey battle droid torsos, so tan ones were substituted on the middle legs. A little off putting, but in the end I was happy with how it turned out. What do you think?

Very nice it's strange that we have no official version of this droid, however you version could be easily one. The build is perfect I think you can't get any more accuracy than this model has.

Great job the only way to make it better was if the legs were the same colour orange red as in the movie but I don't think TLG has use that specific colour for years so spot on

Hi,

The best one i've seen so far.

may I ask how you fix the head and gun on the Plate, Modified 2 x 2 with Bar Frame Octagonal ?

Are you useing some Technic, Axle Pin with Friction Ridges Lengthwise (item 43093)

thanks

Good work!

It's instantly recognicable, it looks sturdy, and with good attention to detail :thumbup:

Hi,

The best one i've seen so far.

may I ask how you fix the head and gun on the Plate, Modified 2 x 2 with Bar Frame Octagonal ?

Are you useing some Technic, Axle Pin with Friction Ridges Lengthwise (item 43093)

thanks

If I see it correctly, for the bottom he used just a 1x1 roundplate with a 1x1 tile with clip attached to its bottom.

On the top I think he used something similar.

I love this MOC. You've aced the look and feel of this droid. And your pictures are of great quality.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, and TWP is correct about the gun. As for the head, The octagonal piece is upside down, and a 1x2 jumper plate is connected In the hole underneath for the head.

I'm working on a similar design, waiting for a BL order to finish building it! I was so surprised to see your MOC :grin: I'm having trouble deciding about the legs, as some sources say they have 6, but most pictures only show 4. Great work!

I think what happened is in episode 3 it had 6, but in the CW animated series it had 4. I based mine of the EP.3 version just because I like that one better. Looking forward to seeing your design!

Looking great, cool idea

only the gun under it ..... don't know

guess it would be better on top, maybe a machinegun :wink:

Good looking droid. Brilliant execution but with simple technique! It looks like one could add modular weapons package to it quite easily.

Good looking droid. Brilliant execution but with simple technique! It looks like one could add modular weapons package to it quite easily.

Pure win! I love it!

Your build looks amazing! :wub: I really wish LEGO would have put something like your MOC in the Utapau Troopers BP.

Looking great, cool idea

only the gun under it ..... don't know

guess it would be better on top, maybe a machinegun :wink:

wow. This was just something I put together in 15 minutes. Thanks for all the positive feedback. Edited by arc

You've done an excellent job in making this. It's true to the source material, and has some good techniques. I especially love the legs!