Lower the axle - move the axle down a bit

The diffs aren't that bad , many offroad MOCs have them

Now I understand why you want to put portals on it, to increase the clearance , am I right?

You are :)

Another Question :)

I was just looking at the middle part it gives enough space to build in 4 xl Motors and 2 Batteryboxes. But do i Need that much power or is that just a stupid idea? :)

You are :)

Another Question :)

I was just looking at the middle part it gives enough space to build in 4 xl Motors and 2 Batteryboxes. But do i Need that much power or is that just a stupid idea? :)

From what I can tell , your MOC will be large, so extra power never is bad :classic:

From what I can tell , your MOC will be large, so extra power never is bad :classic:

Is it better to use the 4 xl Motors on 1 Output for front and rear

or

2xl for front and 2xl for rear ?

Edited by KikoTube

I changed the design a bit, download here NOTE: the version of the file is without the motors

640x334.jpg

I changed the design a bit, download here NOTE: the version of the file is without the motors

640x334.jpg

Thank you very much :)

I realy like this Forum :D

Here is some Progress i did :sweet:

LDD

You should start a WIP Topic for posting your progress

You should start a WIP Topic for posting your progress

Ok but how can i do this? :classic:

Im new sry :D

Edited by KikoTube

Push Start a new topic button

In title write: [WIP].....

Write any tags you want, those will make easier to find your truck from Google or forum search

Write the topic itself! Post photos, LDD files and description. I highly recommend using Bricksafe.com for hosting photos and LDD files.

I am trying to find a good truck drive axle solution for a 15 or 17 truck. I hope to have four rear 49.5x20 tires and wheels for the truck. I would like a differential, dual side dualies, and axles that will not pop out of the differential bevel gears. Does anyone have a working solution?

Suspension and steering are not needed.

So I have scrolled through this entire thread and I must say the ideas are impressive!

I am currently attempting to build a backhoe loader moc, roughly the same scale as 8455, using the same wheels and front bucket, but with side shift backhoe and motorised compressor. I have made a steered front axle with pendular suspension but I'm afraid it is not as strong as I'd hoped it would be and a bit too cumbersome. I have not been able to eliminate bump steer either.

In short, I need a VERY robust steering axle, 18-19 studs wide (with the small front wheels from 8455) with pendular suspension. Drive is not needed as I don't have the space for a piston engine once the compressor is installed, but a tight turning radius in an overall compact package is needed. I do not have the hub pieces that many of the mocs on this thread use and this has been a limiting factor.

I know there are some true geniuses on this forum and any help would be appreciated!

I've got it bashed out in LDD, I just need to post it, which might be later tonight.

Edit: You've got a thing 16 wide rear by Saberwing007, on Flickr

What keeps the axles holding the wheels connected into the 12 tooth bevel gears in the differentials? The problem I am having is the wheels and axle fall off the truck going around a corner.

The drive axles are 5.5 studs long, with stop. If you look at the description on flickr, it has a link to the .LXF file. One thing I was not able to solve was how to get the outer wheels to attach solidly, given that the axles only stick to the outer wheels by about half a stud. But, if you use a 4L bar piece, or similar, you could connect it by inserting the bars into the little holes on the rims, which would make it stronger.

Hello Guys.

I need a 17 (with 62,4 x 20 wheels) wide front axle it should be only 3 studs in height...

Hope u guys can help

Kiko

tell me more, does it have to be driven, or steered? or both? Do you want suspension? or there other things maybe?

tell me more, does it have to be driven, or steered? or both? Do you want suspension? or there other things maybe?

it has to be steered and should be a live axle

54 minutes ago, Tommy Styrvoky said:

Here's the front axle from my AEC II armored car. It has portal axles with a 3:1 reduction.

LXF file here

The portal hubs look very clean and the whole setup looks very sturdy. When studying the LXF-file I noticed the pivot offset of the steering rods lies one stud outside the steering axis. Doesn't that give a negative Ackermann effect or is that negligible?

I would like to add my 42056 front axle mod for my ultimately playable Porsche to this collection. It is tailored to relatively heavy builds with its 4 hard springs. Compared to the original 42056 front axles this setup includes Ackermann steering and a slider for the gear rack. It uses the full length of the suspension arms and adds a second (push rod) shock on each side. It eliminates bump stear, increases the front ground clearance to 1 stud and secures the suspension arms much better. In my Porsche this mod matches other mods, for instance the rear HoG steering mod, which connects to the axle with U-joint at the bottom of this setup.

960x450.jpg960x450.jpg960x450.jpg

LXF-file here (note that I used placeholders for the new 42056 wheel hubs).

Edited by Didumos69