Here is a double wishbone front suspension that i just made with all the fancy angle and unequal length a arm with a soft and long travel. Its scaled for the 81.6 tyres.

24361682117_e9ff446c62_c.jpg  24361679207_c84a727089_c.jpg  24361680757_ea4d939e51_c.jpg

Just to mention, about 14 years ago I've made very similar solution but with suspension arms from 8466 set and upper part usually popped out when wehicle was heavier (as LEGO Unimog or even more...)

Some rear independent axle ~25L with 56 wheels (some 2 studs narrower than with traditional hubs)

800x448.jpg

Could be made to some 24L wide, if swingarms would be attached 6 studs from each other, not 7 as by this design.

Travel is very limited, just some stud, maybe little bit more. On the left side there is "limiter" added (that 3L liftarm under shock absorber)

Heavy-duty live axle. Features:

- mounted servo
- planetary reduction (1:4, 1:5.6 including diff)
- positive caster
- torque tube
- Panhard rod

800x554.jpg

800x435.jpg

I need help from you skilled guys regarding steering system on 4 axle truck, where first two live axles are steered suspended but not driven. The two axles are quite far from each other, around 20 studs. It will be manual. I have working concept with link steering where both link levers are connected by axle with gears, but I don't want to spend hours implementing it to get to point where it shows as rubbish. So my question is - would you connect such axles with linkage system like I have, or linkage system without gears or rack?

25545383398_bd51de9340.jpgLinked steering idea

vertical axle is hog, reduction to first axle is 12:20, to second 1:3 to get reduced steering angle

Thanks!

I tried something similar a while back - too much slack for my taste. I think Zerobricks figured out a more effective way:

I came up with this simple design for a rear tandem:

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

Edited by grego18f
Correct link to pictures

1 hour ago, grego18f said:

Just a heads up, we cannot see the pictures

2 hours ago, grego18f said:

Spoiler

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

If you plan to use it on a heavy motorized truck I'm affraid to tell you that the 12t gear will slip! I know that because it is the design I've used for the past year and mine was reinforced from either side of the gear.

7 hours ago, Technivor said:

If you plan to use it on a heavy motorized truck I'm affraid to tell you that the 12t gear will slip! I know that because it is the design I've used for the past year and mine was reinforced from either side of the gear.

Can you share how you managed to secure the 12t gear?

15 minutes ago, grego18f said:

Can you share how you managed to secure the 12t gear?

I didn't, I just decided to put the U-joint at the front of the frame and use a gear that didn't have much friction (8t red, new 16t or 20t) between the motors.

12 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Is it for the mack Granite?

I am affraid it is not :cry_sad:

As already mentioned by @Technivor, it is not strong enough for high torque...

Before going for Mack, i was working on a RC Volvo FH16 6x4. The frame worked like a charm. The rear tandem is from Efferman. Feel free to use it!

moc.png

Note: The front hubs a those from the 8070 supercar.

And the lxf

Edited by grego18f

@grego18f

I have experimented with tandems for almost 2 years now and have found a simple fix for the slipping even under the greatest stress. Use part 42003 on either side of the 5x7 frame (with 2l pins)and connect the technic axle holes with axles and 7l beams. The 12 tooth gear should sit inbetween the two beams. 

There’s an lxf for download if you’d like here:

https://bricksafe.com/pages/Beck/technic_mocs/8x4-chassis-pf-1.16-scale

hey guys new here, this is my first custom build in a while. i intend to build a 6x6 frame to be used for various military and heavy duty trucks. starting simple, this is custom 13 wide driven steerable pendular front end for the Arocs frame.

UpuSkLn.png

F9371tu.png

9 hours ago, RickSanchez said:

hey guys new here, this is my first custom build in a while. i intend to build a 6x6 frame to be used for various military and heavy duty trucks. starting simple, this is custom 13 wide driven steerable pendular front end for the Arocs frame.

not bas - it can be used for some Arocs 6 x 6 model, but how does it look if you invert wheels because this way it is very wide :wink:

Welcome to Eurobricks

Edited by I_Igor

Just built some steered non-driven suspension using 42000 arms and new pinhole-axle LBG connectors. With 3.5-4 studs travel it looks better with larger wheels. But with soft shocks it can be used only for very lightweight models. Can't test it with hard shocks, because don't have it yet( But hard shocks may require additional bracing.

40074943881_5dbdfd6938_c.jpg40074943841_ef9ac063a9_c.jpg

Construction allow to use some longitudinal bracing inside, if it's necessary. Also - here's maximum possible steering lock using 7L rack.

Edited by Victor Imaginator

Here's an idea inspired by the axle from G63 AMG 6x6:

800x446.jpg

800x460.jpg

As you can see the axle uses brick built hubs with a combiantion of the ball joints.

This setup moves the virtual steering pivot point well inside the tyre:

800x957.jpg

The advantages of this setup are as following:

• Lower force needed to steer the wheels
  • Reduced sensitivity to bumps
  • The wheels naturally self-center
  • No need for massive wheel arches
  • More realistic

And of course there are a few disadvantages:

• More complex than normal solution
  • Needs more space needed
  • More moving parts
  • Because the hubs are brick built, they may not be as sturdy
Edited by Zerobricks

This is a creation of @barman. We first saw it in this thread,

Now, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you are just posting this because you found it, and want to share it, in which case it would be nice to include credit and link back to the original creator. We as a community frown upon theft of ideas and photos, but I'd rather give you a fair warning, as you seem to be new around these parts.

6 hours ago, LithuanianLegoFan said:

HERE IS WORKING PROTOTIPE OF STRONG INDEPENDENT SUSPENSION WITH DRIVE

3 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Also, it isn't very nice to use all caps when writing on this forum.

11 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Now, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you are just posting this because you found it, and want to share it, in which case it would be nice to include credit and link back to the original creator. We as a community frown upon theft of ideas and photos, but I'd rather give you a fair warning, as you seem to be new around these parts.

I am very sorry

It's okay. Everybody goes through a noob phase on this site. You'll learn from this and be a better person for it. 

Also, another tip, don't quote big blocks of text like you did. Quotes are more of an art than a science, but in general less is more.