Would someone be willing to design me an axle?

It needs to be 15 studs wide, and fit this tire: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=45982#T=C&C=11

Suspension type is live axle, and I'd rather it didn't use any hubs, because I'm going to need the axles for a trial truck.

If you do build the axle, I need two steered, and two not steered.

Cheers,

Letsbuild

I think, there should be examples in this topic, which needs to slightly modify.

Why do You think, that hubs wont be good for trial truck? for live axle?

Just now, Jurss said:

I think, there should be examples in this topic, which needs to slightly modify.

Why do You think, that hubs wont be good for trial truck? for live axle?

I don't think that hubs won't work, sorry. I meant that I have a limited supply of them (not enough to make 4 axles).

Ok, then it's clear. 

If You don't use hubs, there is possibility, that wheels could slip off form axles. Of course, You can fix them with some half bushes (they have some better grip). But maybe start some MOC topic, so we don't get too much in offtopic here.

Maybe even admins can spearate these posts here?

I was working on an axle for the MOC I am doing.  I am somewhat happy with it, but I figured I could post it here and maybe get some feedback.  

The shocks go downward and connect to the blue pin/axle connector near the bottom.  

It has the opportunity to have powered axles, but I will not be doing that.  Also, I will be trying to make the rearmost axle steerable once my bricklink order comes in.  

800x560.jpg

LDD file

https://bricksafe.com/files/Aminnich/gsk55/Axle.lxf

13 hours ago, aminnich said:

I was working on an axle for the MOC I am doing.  I am somewhat happy with it, but I figured I could post it here and maybe get some feedback.  

The shocks go downward and connect to the blue pin/axle connector near the bottom.  

It has the opportunity to have powered axles, but I will not be doing that.  Also, I will be trying to make the rearmost axle steerable once my bricklink order comes in.  

LDD file

https://bricksafe.com/files/Aminnich/gsk55/Axle.lxf

It looks good, but schocks are on oposite direction :laugh:

It could be used on trailers :thumbup:

13 hours ago, aminnich said:

... The shocks go downward and connect to the blue pin/axle connector near the bottom. 

800x560.jpg

Looks like an interesting setup, but there is one point I don't understand: why are you using the ball joints as a hinge for each axle? The shocks are mounted with pins directly to the chassis and the axle, as a result they can only move in one plane. This means that they will be forced to bend when your axles twist.

You could either change the hinge points to a simple pin connection, making it less complex but then you will loose the ability of twisting the axle. The alternative is to mount the shocks more flexible so they can move in two directions. Take a look at how the shocks in the Arocs are mounted as an example.

Good luck!

Edited by Cumulonimbus

I'm currently working on mid scale Tatra and I need an advice. This is front axle:

37726153875_482e00f77c_c.jpgTatra front axle by Ivan Moc

but I don't know where to put springs. Ideally they would be on top of the pivot point of the wheel but the scale doesn't allow that. Any ideas? Thank you

@Ivan_M IMHO @Zero (Zblj) made best small scale Tatra axle, so it would be wise to contact him to send you a link for his tread (because I could not find it fast enough) 

I think this is correct tread

Edited by I_Igor

Yes i know his builds, my axle is based on it. The problem is I'm not building trial truck and I'm working with 49,5mm wheels so the space is limited. I think I will try to make some push rod setup

16 minutes ago, Ivan_M said:

Yes i know his builds, my axle is based on it. The problem is I'm not building trial truck and I'm working with 49,5mm wheels so the space is limited. I think I will try to make some push rod setup

I see. I personally am not a fan of Tatra axles, so I stick to Unimog axles...

640x480.jpg

Replace nofrictionless pin with 3L pin (blue one). Friction increase wont be critical. Maybe frictionless 3L pin would be also ok.

Then put on it part

536b61ef9c0041d6a2af9d94b2e699eb.jpg

and with 2l (mostly red) axle connect shock absorber.

You could try to build steering with 9L links, then steering wont be so much affected by suspension travel.

O, just realised, that there is 1.5L pin ... :cry_sad:

Edited by Jurss

Yes that placing would be ideal but the scale doesn't allow it, the shock absorber would end in the middle of the cabin.

If available space is an issue, you might need to use one shock absorber, lay horizontal and us it to link the left and right halves of you suspension. I don't have the tools here to visualise my idea, but I think you can figure it out.

It's probably not accurate to the real deal, but does the trick.

U can use axles as spirngs

640x480.jpg

Put some axle/axle or axle/pin connector (that thing in red) on the suspension arm, put some axle trough (blue), and connect its other end (red cross) as far as possible. For other side it will be harder to implement.

Or You can try to use this rubber thing somehow

7ef89df81d6b9e0374173cc6f8f642af.jpg

Edited by Jurss

Hi there! Can anybody advice some rear De Dion half-dependent suspencion axle, max. scale possible. 
Thanks!

9 hours ago, Ivan_M said:

I'm currently working on mid scale Tatra and I need an advice. This is front axle:

37726153875_482e00f77c_c.jpgTatra front axle by Ivan Moc

but I don't know where to put springs. Ideally they would be on top of the pivot point of the wheel but the scale doesn't allow that. Any ideas? Thank you

What about using torsion bars?, in the case that your model wont have a drive train, you could attach the half axles directly to the cross axle and the pivoting movement would be "suspended", or place those rubber parts above each half axle.

I'm glad you found a nice solution for your model,i hope to see more updates about it in a future, it looks promising.

No it is not, I don't like axles with pivot point too far from wheel center. This axle is for truck 15L wide so driven and steered axle would be too big. I have put this on hold for a while but I can finish the digital file with rear axles and put it here