Gidday all, i have the 42009 and think its a great set in looks as well for parts. I have it built as jergs ultimate and think it is much better but it takes alot of p.f parts. I also have a 8421 crane in all red and also i have an 8421 in Hans X.L mod which i think is the best looking of all these cranes...,,althought the operation of exstending and retracting the boom with the chain mechanism is not without problems sometimes. But overall the 42009 is a really great set to just display, its good to play with and if you get it at a reasonable price its good to boost your parts up in general lift arms, gears, actuators and the 10x tyres. So much so i have 4 sets and after reading this post, it has inspired me to build the b-model.......but i have to admit i am a big construction and truck builder. Cheers Pete

I really like this set. Although it is only for deco, it is real nice deco for me :D

Hi all ive just started to get back into lego im 37 yet find it challenging yet relaxing. Im currently building the crane after just finishing the green recovery truck which I have just modded by fitting micro led lights to every light.it looks amazing and I will post a video. My plan is to now build jurgens version with the modified boom plus full leds.

I just need to know if someone has a list of parts required to build jurgens version plus the extended boom. Im also looking for a parts supplier that is not to expensive. Im located im the uk.

Cheers all

Hi, have similar story - just returned to lego in my 32 and find it amazing. I have started directly wiht 42009 and now upgraded it into ultimate and really love it. Instruction with parts overview for extended boom are here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzsi6ljbxfnicdb/Boom%2042009.pdf - you need to just combine/compare it with Jurgens additional parts list (suppose you have it or?) As for parts supply try bricklink.com - it will helps you to find best source.

It was a must have for me because I missed out on grabbing 8421. I added extra parts to enhance the look of the set and built the extended boom by Chrismoi59 and will add r/c in the future.

It doesn't have the playability of a loader, an excavator or a set like 9398 for obvious reasons. Cranes are slow moving and this set is no exception but it looks really nice on display.

Do you have a link to the instructions and parts list?

Well... another one joins the club: just got mine in France, yesterday, for 150€... sealed... Will take a week to get here to the Azores :) tic tac tic tac.....

P.S.: along with 42009, comes a 9398 (my second one) at 130€

Edited by Moyalmas

At least in Europe (I am from Czec) price already went down a bit - it is no problém to get it for approx 130 Euro - which I consider as good price/value ratio.

150 sure, but 130? Where can you get it for that price?

the crisis is not only in Portugal eheheheh I keep an eye on several sets i REALY want at BrickLink, every day... and sometimes real trasures show up :)

And, sometimes, when i buy more than one set, i ask (kindly eheheheheh) if the seller can make me an even better price :) Some do, some don't... that's how i got my 42009 for 150 and my 2nd 9398 for 130

And for some countries it pays to search for vouchers on webshops. I bought my 42009 for € 138,-, shipping included, at Galeria Kaufhof by waiting for (recurring!) Sunday-General-Sales and applying a 10% newsletter signup discount on top of that.

Bought a 42025 for € 74,90 in a similar way, and a 42006+8293 for € 56,- together (!).

I just completed mine a few hours ago.. and man.. it is massive! :)) It's even bigger than my 1/8 buggy in some respect (pls see pics)

the build was fun, and being around legos after so many years is so satisfying. :)

I've included my RC cars for size comparison (on-road race car = 1/10; off-Road Buggy = 1/8)

WP_20140512_14_24_02_Pro.jpg

WP_20140512_14_23_54_Pro.jpg

Anyone think this is a set that will be valuable in a few years? Might keep mine misb.

i would doubt it because it has nothing special apart from being a beautiful model being huge and build from many many parts - and this set will also not being seldom... IMHO it will no play in the same OOP league as e.g. 8043 and 8110... but of course you will no loose any money because good and unopened MISB flagship-sets will always have a prize higher than the retail prize during production time..

just my 2 ct

And for some countries it pays to search for vouchers on webshops. I bought my 42009 for € 138,-, shipping included, at Galeria Kaufhof by waiting for (recurring!) Sunday-General-Sales and applying a 10% newsletter signup discount on top of that.

Bought a 42025 for € 74,90 in a similar way, and a 42006+8293 for € 56,- together (!).

Nice, that's a great price for a 42025. Will keep an eye on it. Thanks for the tip.

Just bought mine from amazon.it for 158euro but the most interesting thing is tha:D :Dt i have 1 big single building book!!!! Don't remember in which tread there was the discussion about 1 big single book..

The strange thing is that i had the feeling i get this single book and it's arrived :D

Edited by Foggy

FINALLY!!!! Got my 42009 (and my 2nd 9398) today!!!!!Books 1 and 2 finished... on to number 3 ehehCan't wait to get it finished :)About the instructions: nop... no single book: got the 6 ones

10301453_763738216980116_5436566985406349744_n.jpg

10336672_763738223646782_2055115211027853641_n.jpg

Edited by Moyalmas

Just finished mine. (and played with it for a little while)

It's the first purely Technic set I've built since either 850 or 854, and WOW but there are 100's of new Technic components that never existed back then! I knew there were going to be from doing stuff like the UCS R2D2 and similar sized sets, but that did not prepare me for the HUGE variety in this set.

I'm probably going to make the 42030 my next Technic set whenever it gets released here in the US, I'm not lucky enough that it will provide everything to do Jurgens' MOD, but it will certainly get me a lot closer and because that looks even more amazing and I really think that it deserves for everything to be motorized.

Edited by rollermonkey