As an engineer who loves Lego, 42009 is heaven on earth!

#

You got it! I heard people saying this set it's not worth the price (actually you can find it for 105£-120euros). Can't think about something better in terms of price and contents!

At the moment only the 8043 or the Unimog can beat it.....but prices are twice higher!!!

I love my 42009 too, this model contains lot of useable parts, gears, liftarms, etc., it is a very good first-kit!

Fully agree that it's a nice set ... but once you've seen/built/had the prior cranes (all in yellow), the set seems a bit boring (novelty score is rather low) ... especially to those of us who've been with lego for a while, and refuse to grow-up/move-on.

Almost finished, just the boom remains and all these two days i had my mind on it. It's huge, it is massive. It is heavy construction machine.

I have the set with 6 books and no extra 32l. Playability not many but the reason of buy it was the amount of parts and that is the biggest lego techick until now. 191 euros here...

not as boring as red cars

+1 ... good one! ... It seems we're stuck between RED cars, YELLOW construction machinery and BLACK MOCS.

I got one set too and not regretting buying it. Now currently in the midst of building the extended boom and looking forward to the end product

I wouldn't base my decision simply on the fact that there is only one motor.... and then state that you cannot justify the cost. Simply put, if you and your son are into Technics and PF motors, etc., then break out the check book or credit card etc. They are expensive. The last set with lots of motors, the Volvo loader, has many fewer pieces, more motors, but the cost well-exceeds the crane. The set before that with lots of motors, but not even half the piece count, was 9398, the rock crawler. MRSP = 200. Not the price of 42009, but close, with again, like I said, not even half the pieces. Also, you have to consider other pieces as well. Actuators can take up a third of the cost of a M PF motor, and 42009 has four of them. L linear actuators can cost as much as M motors, again, adding to the value of the set.

For what it is worth, I love the set. But more for the oppertunity of modding and creating something bigger, not just for building the set.

Good day to all!

I'm sorry that I write this message in the appropriate topic, but I don't rachilla to create a new topic, and nothing more suitable I have not found.

Honestly I'm desperate and don't know what to do next, and now turn to you, to somehow understand my problem.

The fact that today I bought a beautiful set 42009 and the fact that as I looked at the reviews and picking everywhere could be seen that in the set there are two axes of length L=32, one axis remains as a spare.

TBs_20130719_1_08.jpg

Here to confirm provide photo from one of many reviews.

Now I for some reason, this axis is only one, although the reviews I see that two of them, but what else is strange that on the website http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=42009-1 it is clear that in this set, this one axis. I already tired to bother and don't understand, or I'm so lucky that my set did not put one axis, i.e. the set is not full, or just in this set of different equipment.

Help please, does anyone have this set, let me know which package do you have? And if you think that this is really a bug in the formation of a given set, where should I go?

My set had only one axle, and the crane uses only one. Somehow many people said they received a second axle as a spare, but it seems this was not the case for all of us. Fear not, you can still build the set with only one axle.

Inventory on Brickset and BrickLink show only one 32L axle. Some people probably got lucky due to a packaging error at the factory.

Hello!

Thank you very much for your answers, now I calmed down and figured out. It is a pity that now freebies:)

P.S. more Often if they were wrong, in a big way:)

Received mine last weekend, started the build on the Friday night and finished it on the Sunday night.

Had to leave it alone on the Saturday or I would have had it completed in the afternoon.

Debating if I should go and do the ultimate 42009 or leave it as it is and look for something else.

My set had only one axle, and the crane uses only one. Somehow many people said they received a second axle as a spare, but it seems this was not the case for all of us. Fear not, you can still build the set with only one axle.

I actually bought 2 sets last year one of which contained 2 32L axles, the other only one

I'm not sure it is about 'consistency'. TLG may have run two (or more) production batches, and often they have variations in spare parts.