31 minutes ago, Aleh said:

A little bit disappointed my Lonestar haven't got to the HoF :cry_sad:

Give it time.  The HoF updates lag behind the posts and can sometimes take several months to catch up.  Maybe some awesome renders will help you.  :sweet:

8 hours ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

Never ask Aleh, then you got not disappointed to get the HoF.:wink:

Other users asked :wink:

8 hours ago, Blakbird said:

Give it time.  The HoF updates lag behind the posts and can sometimes take several months to catch up.  Maybe some awesome renders will help you.  :sweet:

Yeap, but the latest update was yesterday.. So the last hope is for renders...

13 hours ago, MegaRoi said:

@Didumos69 Hammerhead in the HoF! :thumbup:

Makes me happy too :thumbup:!

4 hours ago, Aleh said:

Other users asked :wink:

Yeap, but the latest update was yesterday.. So the last hope is for renders...

It took a long time for my rugged supercar as well. In the mean time several models were added almost instantly. I guess patience is a virtue in this matter.

Edited by Didumos69

@Didumos69 aaah, I was pretty sure that if the MOC hadn't got to the HoF from the first time the gates are closed for ages.

23 hours ago, Aleh said:

@Didumos69 aaah, I was pretty sure that if the MOC hadn't got to the HoF from the first time the gates are closed for ages.

Every model that is nominated by our user(s) gets a close look by EB's HOF team.

Now, I don't want to say anything right now, but I think I saw your truck being closely examined in one of the EB's garages! Let's wait until next update and see their opinion! :)

@Milan Thank you very much for the explain. I guess some video will help to make a right decision. It's in progress.

I want to share my administrator practice of Russian technic community LTR.

this is kind of funny when someone ask about adding his model to Hall of fame. As admin of Russian community I receive many such messages from creators to share their model on our FrontPage wall. I don’t like such messages, and usually ignore them. We have a rules, where written that author should share album in community with clear photos showing all model details and detailed text description, and only after that moderators can review model and decide to share or not on the wall. But there is also another rule: if someone strongly ask to share his model on FrontPage (add to HoF), this fact have negative influence and his model (even nice enough) can not be reviewed for FrontPage. Because we don’t want and don’t have time to explain everyone that his model not enough good to be frontpaged. Because we really want to share the best.

There was also some situations when you frontpaged "not good enough" model, you get negative feedback comments from rude members, and then you also receive more private messages like "You shared that sh*t two days ago. Why don't you share my nice model?"

I think adding to HoF should not be influenced by creator ask. Are you really want to be here because of your model deserve that and other people agree with that? Or you want to reach HoF only because HOF team was jealous to creator and don't want to disappoint him saying "no, we can't add you model there" because creator can think that his model is not good...dubious achievement:look:

This discussion is mainly for proposals not from EB members about their models, but from EB members about other creator's creations

I don’t want to say that Aleh's model don’t deserve that.:sweet: This is just the question of adding to HoF and relation of creator to this fact.:wink:

As for adding to HoF: should be a clear rules. Again in our community model should be "liked" at least 100 times to be reviewed to HoF. And it usually work. And it looks like here, at EB, some members decide according to their own priorities which model add to hof. No clear rules at all or....?

Edited by rm8

Well, could I say that something is changed in the last period?:tongue:

I mean, back in the days, all my Moc was frontpaged and all of them are in the HoF, exept for the last one wich I (and not only) consider better than all my previous works.
It's not a big deal, I don't care too much to have it there (well, is always a pleasure to have a MOC on the HoF), and I'm not asking for, but seems that if the MOC is not mentioned in this post doesn't worth to be on the HoF, and I think that something has been lost.

One other thing, I understand the reason to create the Scale Modelling Forum, but I don't understand why the MOCs migrated are still in the HoF of wich, now, is only a Technic forum. I think that the scale modelling forum needs his own HoF.

IMHO Aleh´s truck deserves big respect, at least a huge amount of work and parts have gone into it. But Lucio´s crane truck is a few levels beyond that regarding the quality. I don´t say who or what belongs to HOF or not, but if the one is being considered and the other is not, I have some doubts about the standards, sorry.. At least it´s good to know that not one single person is deciding to own preferences, a model has to undergo a closer examination process by multiple judges :thumbup:.

If being honest, we all have some bits of (L)egoism in us. Nevertheless, I think that if you don´t build primarily what you need for yourself – it means having fun with designing, building, improving skills, always enjoying the learning by doing and finally getting the great satisfaction about the end result – you are missing the goal and can´t push the limits / be very successful. If you want recognition from others – fine, share it and get the deserved critics. But don´t scream for more flattery and glory for yourself, do yourself a favour, grow up and overcome that childish desire :wink:.

37 minutes ago, Lucio Switch said:

One other thing, I understand the reason to create the Scale Modelling Forum, but I don't understand why the MOCs migrated are still in the HoF of wich, now, is only a Technic forum. I think that the scale modelling forum needs his own HoF.

Totally agree with this one. The separation has been made very clear between the 2 themes, so it should be consequently done for HOF as well.

Edited by brunojj1

1 hour ago, Lucio Switch said:

+2

On 7/30/2017 at 10:38 PM, JDL1967 said:

Maybe is adding a "Scale modeling Hall Of Fame" is an idea? Then you can look at the technic and scale models separatly. Scale modeling allready has its own forum, so its own HOF would be nice to...

It has been suggested before.

Edited by Didumos69

@rm8 just one advice: before composing a wide text you should read the topic properly. Already done? So where I ASK anybody to add my model to the HoF? Other user(s) did but not me. Or can anybody say I asked him about this in PM? Again nobody. So no chets here and my name is honest.

Ok' that. So I'm sorry for my question about adding to the hof. Hope no problem is here. I shall return with a new try moc.

37 minutes ago, Aleh said:

@rm8 just one advice: before composing a wide text you should read the topic properly. Already done? So where I ASK anybody to add my model to the HoF? Other user(s) did but not me. Or can anybody say I asked him about this in PM? Again nobody. So no chets here and my name is honest.

Ok' that. So I'm sorry for my question about adding to the hof. Hope no problem is here. I shall return with a new try moc.

No, no wish/time to read all pages

I mentioned you only once and in the end, that doesn't mean I wrote about you personally, but if you want I dont mind.

Wide text was about hof/ frontpage as global question. This need more transparency for those who really want some kind of "recognition", and I understand them.

On 24.10.2017 at 12:29 AM, Aleh said:

A little bit disappointed my Lonestar haven't got to the HoF :cry_sad:

no, I dont see you asking...:wink:

added later,

Just read the first page, and saw that rules are written to prevent all I mentioned above. good:sweet:

Edited by rm8

18 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

IMHO Aleh´s truck deserves big respect, at least a huge amount of work and parts have gone into it. But Lucio´s crane truck is a few levels beyond that regarding the quality. I don´t say who or what belongs to HOF or not, but if the one is being considered and the other is not, I have some doubts about the standards, sorry.. At least it´s good to know that not one single person is deciding to own preferences, a model has to undergo a closer examination process by multiple judges :thumbup:.

My point of view is not about the standards, but more about the fact that in the last months the only things from the Technic Forum that were frontpaged are official set or contest (announcement and winning), I haven't see any of our MOCs and I think that this drown a bit the visibility on the main forum.

51 minutes ago, Lucio Switch said:

My point of view is not about the standards, but more about the fact that in the last months the only things from the Technic Forum that were frontpaged are official set or contest (announcement and winning), I haven't see any of our MOCs and I think that this drown a bit the visibility on the main forum.

Maybe splitting the Technic and Scale modeling forums could not only be a reason for having separate HoFs, but could also be a trigger for having more pure Technic mocs in the Technic HoF and in some cases also on the front page. I don't want to complain or brag, but pure Technic models like my rugged supercar and Attika's 8880 Evo currently have a hard time finding their way to either HoF or front page. After splitting the Technic modeling HoF and the Scale modeling HoF, the Technic HoF could be more of a mix of technically advanced models and good-looking Technic models. Imo it would be nice if a very advanced gearbox or a chassis-only model could also end up in the Technic HoF.

Edited by Didumos69

53 minutes ago, Lucio Switch said:

Unfortunately frontpaging MOCs is a manual exercition. You need to copy image, create the topic, etc. Not a very big deal, but it's not something we can do with a single push on the button. I have been rather busy and Milan also has had other things on his mind. I do concur we should frontpage at least one Technic MOC every day, or week, because we have so many great MOCs on this forum.

7 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

Maybe splitting the Technic and Scale modeling forums could not only be a reason for having separate HoFs, but could also be a trigger for having more pure Technic mocs in the Technic HoF and in some cases also on the front page. I don't want to complain or brag, but pure Technic models like my rugged supercar and Attika's 8880 Evo currently have a hard time finding their way to either HoF or front page. After splitting the Technic modeling HoF and the Scale modeling HoF, the Technic HoF could be more of a mix of technically advanced models and good-looking Technic models.

This also mostly boils down to precious time we need to devote to maintain the topic. I don't think it has anything to do with splitting the forum. We appreciate pure Technic MOCs as much as you guys.
And we also do understand that and important aspect of showing your MOC here is appreciation and exposure, which means HoF, Frontpage etc.

Maybe we need to think about some sort of curator role to maintain HoF and being able to Frontpage a MOC. I know I simply don't have the time to do that.

I would like to nominate the beautiful Ford GT designed by @Lox Lego

It is an extremely low profiled car which is difficult to replicate with use of a drivetrain and chassis.

He also achieved the well deserved PRO badge after this build.

Ford GT - race car for the road ?

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Maybe we need to think about some sort of curator role to maintain HoF and being able to Frontpage a MOC. I know I simply don't have the time to do that.

Or we could make a tool which can easily frontpage a MOC. And you know what....I just started working on something. With what I have in mind we can frontpage a topic with just a few clicks and edits. That would make it a lot easier for us to frontpage MOCs and I could possibly have more people in charge of frontpaging. Don't expect it to be done by the weekend, but I will let you know when it's done. 

3 hours ago, technic_addict said:

I would like to nominate the beautiful Ford GT designed by @Lox Lego

It is an extremely low profiled car which is difficult to replicate with use of a drivetrain and chassis.

He also achieved the well deserved PRO badge after this build.

+1, amazing car!

I have build my first moc, and i think it could be HOF material.

800x600.jpg

But as i know now, there are a lot of points that will be looked at. So if those criteria arend there, then it wouldend be placed in the hof. I have no problem with that. I had some comments on my build, witch i dont see as negative, but more as a learning proces. And a new HOF for scale models would be a great thing. But for models with detail and not only cars. A good build villa church ect.ect are when build good also scale models. Maybe every forum needs his own HOF. So members can see all the great builds of differend themes, and can find them easy in every forum. Just an idea...

Edited by JDL1967

5 hours ago, Jim said:

Or we could make a tool which can easily frontpage a MOC. And you know what....I just started working on something. With what I have in mind we can frontpage a topic with just a few clicks and edits. That would make it a lot easier for us to frontpage MOCs and I could possibly have more people in charge of frontpaging. Don't expect it to be done by the weekend, but I will let you know when it's done. 

That would be very cool! :thumbup:

From my pov it's necessary to leave the HoF topic in technic forum, because 95% of MOCs are build in technic style. And if to place HoF into Scale Modelling topic - for technic one will have 2-3 MOCs per year, imo.

Edited by Aleh

51 minutes ago, Aleh said:

From my pov it's necessary to leave the HoF topic in technic forum, because 95% of MOCs are build in technic style. And if to place HoF into Scale Modelling topic - for technic one will have 2-3 MOCs per year, imo.

We will NOT move the HoF topic.The HoF belongs to Technic. As far as the SMF is concerned....that's basically one big HoF, since all the models there are extraordinary.

10 hours ago, JDL1967 said:

I have build my first moc, and i think it could be HOF material.

There's basically one unspoken rule and that is that you don't nominate your own MOC :look:

On 26-10-2017 at 4:52 PM, Jim said:

Done :laugh:

I have made first version of a frontpaging tool, which means that we can easily frontpage MOCs :thumbup:

Please be aware that images can have a maximum width of 1024 pixels. I do see images resized in the editor, which means that the original image is still bigger than 1024. First of all, that's against site guidelines and second, we cannot frontpage MOCs using big images. So be aware of that :wink: 

Using the API and extending this tool I can probably also build something to facilitate the HoF.

I would like to propose that the AW 169 by @steph77 be added to the hall of fame. 

The design and execution of the functions is outstanding and truly representative of the fundamentals of the technic theme. 

Edited by Boulderer