Alasdair, I think the link for timslegos' Trophy Truck in the HoF is wrong, every time I click it, it sends me to the link for the front loader compacter truck.

It might just be my computer though, please check if you put in the right link

Alasdair, I think the link for timslegos' Trophy Truck in the HoF is wrong, every time I click it, it sends me to the link for the front loader compacter truck.

It might just be my computer though, please check if you put in the right link

I'm getting the same issue so, looks like the link.

M_Longer is misspelled as M_Loger

It even says M_Longer on the picture, I knew it had too be misspelled

On page 4

Volvo L250G Wheel Loader

Alisdair, what is the 'gg' you post after the HoF entrants? Recently you had a few of them back-to-back, and it reminded me to ask.

It probably means nothing. It's just to reserve posts.

When you post within 15 minutes (or something), the posts are merged as a single post. That's something you don't want.

I normally use RFU for this.

Thank you for that explanation. This practise does have the negative side-effect that the posts don't show up under "View New Content" when the post is updated with actual content. It's also unfortunate that the post date will not be correct.

All fixed thanks guys.

When you see new replies you can expect a update imminently,I usually make the update within two days depending on the size of the update.

If you all would rather a "last update time" feel free to say,although putting this in the title may look messy.

GG is just my place holder,Blakbird names american aircraft.... Jim uses RFU. :tongue:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

People may have differing opinions, but I don't think anyone should be making a MOC in order to try to get it in the Hall of Fame. Just make a MOC that challenges you and that you enjoy building. If it makes it to the Hall of Fame, that's a bonus, but very few models end up there so don't have any expectations.

People may have differing opinions, but I don't think anyone should be making a MOC in order to try to get it in the Hall of Fame. Just make a MOC that challenges you and that you enjoy building. If it makes it to the Hall of Fame, that's a bonus, but very few models end up there so don't have any expectations.

Agreed. If you start building for others' expectations you are likely not going to enjoy building as much

Agreed. If you start building for others' expectations you are likely not going to enjoy building as much

TLG designers are in trouble then :grin:

it wasn't originally designed for the hall of fame, its just that I saw alot of recent mocs on the hall of fame.

I built it as a technical exercise to see how much my technic skills have improved, since it was 1 year since

I bought my first technic set, and every year I'll do the same, and try to build a car or real life vehicle with

high complexity.

I believe the basic rule of Hall of fame is not to ask to get there. :classic:

But I keep buzzing on about it because I'm trying to get more people to watch and comment on it, you can't get a model promoted

if it hasn't been advertised or no one knows about it. Its the same in the car industry, you can make a brilliant car but you have to

advertise it and get it reviewed for people to be interested in buying it. Gumpert made a brilliant race car for the road, and they

had to get it reviewed and advertised and shown with its rivals otherwise no one would have bought it.

If you are looking for some respect among good/best MOC'ers I'd suggest trying to get into eyes of TLCB first, by building some cool vehicle. And remember, don't ask to publish it - just use a proper media (this forum is included :wink: ). If it is good/cool - this won't pass unnoticed.

If it's that important to you, spend a few hundred dollars on a Google Adwords-Campaign. Dude, please get your self-confidence through other more important things in life than a Lego Moc.

Do you think the Sheepo's, Madoca's and Nico's of this world are respected because they insistently asked for it? No, they just build great Mocs. So stop asking! Just build and improve.

But I keep buzzing on about it because I'm trying to get more people to watch and comment on it, you can't get a model promoted

if it hasn't been advertised or no one knows about it. Its the same in the car industry, you can make a brilliant car but you have to

advertise it and get it reviewed for people to be interested in buying it. Gumpert made a brilliant race car for the road, and they

had to get it reviewed and advertised and shown with its rivals otherwise no one would have bought it.

Only that this isn't an advertisement billboard and spam isn't welcome.

Anyways what happens when you make a lot of noise and people find your product err... lacking?

You are already getting a lot of attention but mind you, there is something called bad publicity.

It isn't my priority, (assumptions don't get you anywhere either). You guys keep telling me there's something

wrong with it, yet you don't have the audacity to confess what it is. 'It isn't quite there yet', that statement isn't

of any significant importance to me if you can't even define why it isn't there.

aol000xw, in this case, you have demonstrated how hypocritical you can really be. You can't even utter

a sound about 'lacking' if your to ignorant to even build, watch or even have a glimpse of the MOC in

question, yet because you see other people ramming on, that somewhat gives you the impudence to

blabber about something you don't even comprehend. Your whole comment is literally a spam; its an

uneccesary comment if you haven't bothered to research or even visualise what we are talking about.

BTW, hypocritical comments aren't welcome either. :wacko: